• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Rise of the Krion Empire

Originally, the Krions weren't the savage beasts they are today. Krions used to be gentle and kind beings. They were still very intelligent just like us, only a lot more vulnerable to attacks. They were soft...literally. Their skeletal system was very weak, and their body's were round, making them very slow and weak. They were used as slaves for another alien empire. The Terrachans. A cruel species that made any colony do what they wanted. The Terrachans used the Krions as their mechanics, creating advanced technology for war as well as creating large structures on their planet. What the Terrachans did not know is that the Krions were hiding an extremely rare mineral on the Krion planet. Barlch was a unique type of crystal that if you were to break it down into a liquid, it will make you live longer, but it would make you angry for a while. For years, the Krions have been conducting experiments to see if they could make the power indefinite; To be immortal. They used a special power source and embedded an implant into their skin. It was a success. During this process, the Terrachans knew of their schemes and wanted to punish them for it. They bombarded into their city and killed the majority of the Krions as a reminder to let them know who is the real boss. Since the Krions just completed their procedure without any testing, they had no idea what would've happened to them and what were the side effects. The dose of Barlch they added was too much and it began to flow into their bloodstream. The remaining Krions transformed into blue fleshed monsters from the large dosage of Barlch. Bigger, stronger and extremely dangerous. Their minds were full of hate and revenge. First, they began with destroying their own planet, embedding implants in all of the species of animals on the planet so they can also turn into monsters. Their planet was now uninhabitable. The only things able to survive on it were the Krions themselves. They didn't need to breath, they didn't need to eat or drink. They couldn't even feel. They created their own ships of war as well as designed their own monsters and warriors. The Terrachans also brought forth their armies to defeat their new challenger.  Since the Terrachan's technology was created by the Krions, they were practically worthless machines. Eventually, the Krions decimated their army and even destroyed the Terrachan's home planet. Ever since, the Krions have been colonising planets without repercussion. The reason why humans or any other of their test subjects on the arks haven't turned into monsters like them is because they put in a very small does of Barlch in the implant. So we live a lot longer, but we can still die from different causes. They are also asleep during the time they put the implant in their arms. Removing or severely damaging the implant will result in death. 

Authors notes: feel free to ask questions about my stories lore and stuff. I'll try my best to answer them without giving anything away. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21 July 2016 at 2:14 PM, Kaiju_Lord said:

Love the story so far great stuff. I was wondering if you can give any tips for writing a fanfic im planning on righting and ark one. 

Hi! Sorry I was so late to respond (was banned temporarily). But now I'm ready to answer your question and give you tips.

1. Go your own way. Despite their being some lore in Ark, you can always twist it and see how far you can stretch. if you want, you can always keep your whole story and entire mystery if you wanted.

2. Don't be afraid to change. Sure you can have your whole story planned out, but you can always change something if you want to add something or think that something doesn't add up. 

3. You can always edit after you send a chapter. Remember that  there's no due date but your own. 

On 18 January 2016 at 0:13 AM, Kaprodonychus said:

I'll also be doing survivor profiles. First I'll write info about the survivor or animal and then try to do a portrait of them (Be warned humans aren't my specialty ). Basically this is to help readers become more attached and know the characters a bit more (hopefully  )  So lets start with our main character that we already know. Chris Shaw

Name: Christian James Shaw (prefers being called Chris over Christian)

DOB: 20th of February, 2002 (yes the year in this story is 2037. Probably should've mentioned that earlier)

Nationality: Australian

Appearance : Height is 6.1 feet tall. Has shaggy blonde hair. Blue eyes. Tanned Skin. no beard. muscular (but does not have extreme muscles like body builders or wrestlers )  he is what you would say good looking.

Attitude: Friendly but tough

Profession: Started off as a zoologist but then moved on to become a palaeontologist

Intelligence: Extreme

School Years: had no issues in primary school but got bullied once or twice in high school for being a teachers pet. luckily for him he had friends to back him up.

Family. Mother died when giving birth to him. Chris shaw was an only child. His father raised him himself. Is now currently fighting Cancer.

Tribe: Tribe of Tyrants

Position: animal caretaker/tamer. Will sometimes be second in command with Alice.

Relationship: Single. 

Known Information: ever since he was younger he was obsessed with dinosaurs. It was like his favourite thing to talk about. Once a week he would look up a dinosaur and read every known piece of information there is to know about it. His favourite dinosaurs were dire wolf, Kaprosuchus, ceratosaurus, megaraptor and Austrolovenator. He is a kind and helpful person if you met him and he will always fight for the right thing, no matter what the cost (he screamed at a teacher in grade 2 for not letting the students go to lunch once) He is basically a natural born leader. He always had a thing with animals, the animals liked him too. When he was little, his dad got him a pet parrot. Everyday he will sit with the parrot and he would teach him to talk. Chris is a very secretive person and will always keep secrets so know one else will know. (this may look like irrelevant and has nothing to do with the story but it does   )

Strengths: Born leader, people look up to him, brave, isn't afraid to do the right thing for others, intelligent, has a healthy relationship with others.

Weaknesses: Can become too attached. Does not let things go too easily, is helpfulness and curiosity gets him into trouble.

Anything else that you readers would like to know about Chris?

Make him 23 days younger and this is almost exactly my. Minus the back story and born leader bit.

BTW 14 year olds for the win. We get such a bad wrap being 12 year olds only 2 years earlier. Apparently it takes 4-6 years to get rid of "twelvieness" 

10 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Make him 23 days younger and this is almost exactly my. Minus the back story and born leader bit.

BTW 14 year olds for the win. We get such a bad wrap being 12 year olds only 2 years earlier. Apparently it takes 4-6 years to get rid of "twelvieness" 

I was one of the lucky guys who never got that sickness. in fact most senior kids would just sit with us and chat. It was only on grade 8 when we realised how annoying twelvies are when we look at the grade 7 kids. 

But yeah I'll add the changes about the backstory part and leader thing. 

57 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

I was one of the lucky guys who never got that sickness. in fact most senior kids would just sit with us and chat. It was only on grade 8 when we realised how annoying twelvies are when we look at the grade 7 kids. 

But yeah I'll add the changes about the backstory part and leader thing. 

Same, At my school I look at the 7th and 8th and they're twelvies except for a few in both grades. Even some of the 9s and 10s can seem to be a bit twelvieish at times.

On 12 May 2016 at 6:06 PM, Kaprodonychus said:

No more NAPLAN, more time to write this stuff.

Oh god NAPLAN. I thought it was bad and was having a full on mental party in my mind when we finished earlier in the year as it finishes in grade 9. Then I was informed of external testing, of which my year level would be the first to do so in Queensland. Can I do NAPLAN again instead?

1 hour ago, DaEndGame said:

Same, At my school I look at the 7th and 8th and they're twelvies except for a few in both grades. Even some of the 9s and 10s can seem to be a bit twelvieish at times.

I going to add that because of twelvieness I spent a good deal of my time in the library reading or at chess club with the seniors practicing for tournaments. Library was grade 7 and a bit of 8, chess was rest of 8 and still all the way into 9.  

Just finished reading all the available chapters. All i have to say is that i couldn't stop reading it. 

My only problem with it is grammer, but it is understandable as only you are working on it and school is keeping you busy. There are some words that you've spelled wrong but the main problem with them is that you've got words where they shouldn't be (syntax errors). I might suggest getting a grammerly account and putting your stories through it on MS Word. It would definately look more polished and get others more interested as I know people do get turned off if the grammer and syntax is bad. 

All factors considered I'm going to give you a 9/10, the grammer and syntax are what deducted that final point for me personally. I'm a giga sized grammer and syntax freak , so yeah...

2 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Just finished reading all the available chapters. All i have to say is that i couldn't stop reading it. 

My only problem with it is grammer, but it is understandable as only you are working on it and school is keeping you busy. There are some words that you've spelled wrong but the main problem with them is that you've got words where they shouldn't be (syntax errors). I might suggest getting a grammerly account and putting your stories through it on MS Word. It would definately look more polished and get others more interested as I know people do get turned off if the grammer and syntax is bad. 

All factors considered I'm going to give you a 9/10, the grammer and syntax are what deducted that final point for me personally. I'm a giga sized grammer and syntax freak , so yeah...

Yeah I read through them too and spot errors. I blame auto correct most of the time  but I'm glad you liked the story. After chapter 8 and survivor chapter 2 are completed, I'll do a chapter edit phase where all I do is go onto my existing chapters and try and fix them up. Don't worry my friend. Justice against the grammar and syntax will be served! 

15 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Yeah I read through them too and spot errors. I blame auto correct most of the time  but I'm glad you liked the story. After chapter 8 and survivor chapter 2 are completed, I'll do a chapter edit phase where all I do is go onto my existing chapters and try and fix them up. Don't worry my friend. Justice against the grammar and syntax will be served! 

Sounds great, if you need help just ask. I'm always ready to serve grammar and syntax justice. Just ask my fellow peers and teachers, when I see an injustice I almost always correct afore mentioned injustice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 9:54 AM, Kaprodonychus said:

Survivor chapter 2: It's coming

~ John ~
I hid in the trees, completely at a stand still. I was worried that I was going to stand on a twig or bush and blow my cover. The person trying to find me didn't bother trying to hide themselves in their surroundings. They just walked along and searched every tree, bush and rock just to find me. I closed my eyes and hoped that she couldn't find me. If I was to distract her, maybe I could have a few seconds to dart awa-
"Found you!" She yelled. She was standing by the side of the tree with a large grin on her face. Her arms were crossed at first but she couldn't help but giggle in victory.
"Ok sweetie you found me." I smiled at my 5 year old daughter.
"My my Lucy you are getting better at this!" I exclaimed.
"Hide and seek is my favourite game." She grinned and showed her little baby teeth. Already, a few adult teeth are growing above a few of them. She danced around a little bit in her small pink dress her mother made for her. Her blonde hair flew around her as she spun around. I couldn't help but grin in delight to see my daughter so happy despite the horrid place that surrounds us with death. Already, the bright sky began to dim and the sun slowly sunk underneath the horizon. After that, the howls and calls of many different animals began to echo through the woods; very low and unsettling calls if I may add. 
"Ok Lucy we need to go now. It's almost night time and we haven't had dinner yet." I slowly pushed her along but she remained where she was with her arms crossed once again with a pouty face.
"That's not my name." She said stubbornly.
I sighed in protest and called for her once again. "Princess Buttercup the big scary dragon is coming and we must retreat to our castle for safety!" 
Once I said that, the pout quickly transformed into a beam and she started running out of the woods and back to the house giggling. I watched her run down the hill that lead her back to the ranch, then I turned back slowly to the woods again. A couple of minutes ago, they were a fun and quite place to play hide and seek; now they'll soon be patrolled by small to medium sized predators. I can almost hear them...barking away like hounds and hunting down phiomias. It's like I can hear the herbivore screaming while its hunters look down at it in glee, baring their sharp fangs. All I heard was one loud snap and the screaming stopped. A cold breeze started to fly past me to signal that the screaming animal has passed.

Lucy was already home in her mother's arms by the time I turned around. She was a fast girl. I was about to join them back at the ranch until I heard strange and abnormal calls from behind me. Too far for me to know what it was coming from, but close enough to know that the creature wasn't far. It was the most strangest call I have ever heard. The sound was a mix of rapid clicking like a dolphin and snarling. Whatever it was, it sounded highly aggressive. The calls began to quickly change into low growls and savages barks as soon as I started to move down the hill. I quickly rushed down the steep hill and ran over to my wife, Susan who was waiting for me by the front gate of the house. She could see the worried face I wore and made her go uneasy.
"What's wrong John?" She placed her hand on my cheek and looked at me with a concerned look.
"Where's Lucy?"
"She's with the Linda in the house why?"
"Lock all the doors and windows."
"Why? What's going on?" She began to panic and squeeze my hand. I went to speak but a loud, reptilian howl from the woods interrupted our conversation and disturbed our cattle of muttaburrasaurs and nasutoceratops'. The sky began to darken and it was almost impossible to see without the lanterns around the house. 
"...what...was that?" The trembling voice of my wife was brought to my attention and made me realise that taking care of my family was my top priority. 
"Get inside...now" I stuttered while opening the front gate. I quickly nudged Susan into house. I stepped into the house to see Linda the maid trying to stop Lucy from crying and our hyenadon, Cheddar, growling at the windows.
"What are those things daddy?" Lucy looked up to me and sobbed. She tried her best not to shed a tear. 
"I don't know sweetie," I said to her, "I don't know." Susan pulled me away from the entry way and took us into the storage room under the stairs where we usually have our private conversations so Lucy can't hear us.
"Ok since Lucy is not here to freak out about the creature. Can you tell me what it is?" She stood there with her arms crossed and hoped for a answer?
"What?"
"Don't 'what' me John I'm not Lucy. You can cut the whole 'I don't know what it is' cr*p with me. We're all scared right now and at least Linda and I should know what's out there." I stared at her for quite some time with a blank expression. She looked right back at me, a little agitated that I still haven't answered her question.
"...well?" She said.
"...I...I really don't know..." I gulped and hoped that she knew that I wasn't joking. Her agitated face began to form into a petrified face, her skin turning pale and her eyes widening. 
"I'll get the gun for you. You just watch out for those things." Susan pushed the two of us out of the storage room and went to look for the rifle. I walked back to the entrance and turned left to the kitchen. All the windows were already blocked with wooden planks, yet cheddar was persistent to jump out from one. I pulled the old mutt away and peeped through the window, having no idea what to expect. 
It was almost pitch black outside. Only the few lanterns and fireflies glowed up the darkness around the front garden. The cries and honking from the muttaburrasaurs running past made the atmosphere twice as scary. You would hear the occasional grunts from the nasutocertaop's gathering the heard together and intact, but the hadrosaurs were two terrified. The nasutoceratops grunts and roars began to increase as the end of the herd began to trot past the front of our house. 
'Predators'
The larger nasutos were hanging at the back, protecting the hadrosaurs. I bet that bloody Austroraptor pack is back. I paid the citadel guards to eliminate these pests. I guess they ran away and the guards were too lazy to catch them. Susan was right; I should've paid trackers. Stupid things probably picked up on new animal calls while they were gone. What's the next thing they're gonna mimic, my rifle? I continued to peep through between the plank and the window. I could hear the grunts and roars of our matriarch nasuto, Miss blossom, holding off the predators with some of the Bulls. They all swung their horns around and would occasionally charge. Judging from the predators calls, they weren't hitting them. One of the predators jumped by the window and entered the front garden...it wasn't an Austroraptor. The predator was a quadruped, however it stood on its hind legs to roar back at the nasutos. It was too dark to see specific details, but it had an extremely long snout filled with long and jagged teeth. 
"What is that?" Susan crept up behind me holding my rifle. 
"Jesus! Don't scare me like that." I whispered. 
"Sorry. Here's your gun. Now you gonna tell me what it is?" She handed me my rifle. I grabbed it but I was too busy looking at the creatures.
"Grab Lucy, Linda and Cheddar and stay in the basement." I whispered
"What? We never had to go into a basement ever since the young tyrannosaurus entered our farm. What are those things John?!" I can hear her begin to panic. The beast that entered the garden stopped roaring and looked back at us. Only its body shape and it's bright yellow eyes were visible. I quickly turned back to my wife and had to calm her down.
"Susan you need to be quiet. The beast out there can hear you. Now can you please do what I told you to do now?" I kissed her on the cheek and remained quiet. She began to tear up and she gave me a quick hug.
"I love you John. Promise me that you'll be ok?"
"I promise."
"Thank you." She kissed me on the cheek and ran off to grab everyone. Cheddar was not far behind her. I turned back and put the gun through the gap only to see nothing. The animal calls have all gone to a stop. The only thing I could see now were the nasuto Bulls as well as Miss Blossom standing around all confused. They just disappeared...
The herbivores began to head back to the herd until the roar broke through the silence and sent shivers down my spine. The roar began to cause a lot of a commotion and the cries of a nasutoceratops began to echo out through the farm. Miss Blossom ran right through the stone gate around the front garden and continued to run around roaring in agony. The rest of the nasutos ran away in fear. The predators were attacking all around her and some were even on her back clawing away. Her tail got too close to the window and completely smashed the glass. In panic, I quickly spotted a silhouette of one of the predators and fired my rifle. There was a loud thud followed by one final roar and the predators retreated back up the hill and into the forest. Now all I could hear were the crickets and a whimpering sound. Very quietly, I still held onto my gun and grabbed a lantern before I went outside to investigate. The front garden was completely torn to sh*t. There was no way that it was getting repaired anytime soon. In the middle of the garden laid Miss Blossom. Her blood began to paint the stone pathway and plants nearby red. She was the animal whimpering. She was struggling to breathe...I shot her...the bullet must've been the reason why she fell to the floor. The claw marks and bites wounds from the predators were already draining her life away, all I did was basically give her a ticket to hell. She'll bleed out before I can call for help. There's no way to save her. Instead, she's going to suffer for another few minutes before she dies. The great beast tried to lift herself off the ground, but all she did was injure herself some more. She was too weak to pull herself up anyways. All she did was squirm and slowly dig her feet deeper into the garden soil. I was too upset to do anything. I was a child when she first hatched. I protected her until she grew up a bit to protect me from others. Then when Susan and I had Lucy, Blossom became her best friend and protected her too. I looked deep into her watery, terrified eyes. No matter how much she aged, her eyes never changed. They always reminded me when she was a baby that could barely walk. She breathed a bit more until she stopped squirming. She must've laid in some Narcoberries, numbing the wound. I sat down beside her and rubbed my hand behind her nostrils. She responded with a soft and innocent call and gently rested her head on my lap. Her eyes still dripping with tears, I knew that it was her time. Probably the most favourite family member, the big and gentle giant will always have a place in our heart. Tears ran down my face while I rubbed her head. We sat their for quite sometime before her pain started to kick back in. Her breathing began to go faster and she started to moan and almost wail in a reptilian way. I should've put her out of her misery ages ago, now I can't cause my gun has fallen underneath her when I was sitting next to her. All I could do now was comfort her through the pain, however that was going to be very difficult since she was a dinosaur. I decided to sing my version of twinkle little star to her. Years ago, I used it as a lullaby for her when she was a baby.
"Twinkle, twinkle little blossom,
How I wonder how sweet you are,
Deep amongst the herds so vast,
Like a princess in my eyes,
Twinkle twinkle little blossom,
How I wonder how sweet you are."
She began to cry. It was probably saddest thing I ever heard. Hearing this big dinosaur just cry in pain. Eventually, she stretched out with one big squirm and then rested again; Taking her last breath. Her eyes closed, leaving one more tear to escape and flow down her scaly yet beautiful face. I doubt anyone would know how that feels; watching your beloved pet squirm and cry on the cold ground in pain, knowing that you can't do anything to help them. All you can do is just watch and pray that the pain goes away before they pass. I collapsed back on the floor again and bursted out crying beside the fallen herbivore. It wasn't long until I realised that Lucy, Susan and Linda were all by the door staring at me and the dead nasutoceratops. They were all crying, except Lucy. She walked over and placed her chewed up teddy bear, Max, on Blossom's nose. 
"She looked like she needed a teddy to sleep with." She said before sitting on my lap and holding my hand.
"Oh sweetie...Miss Blossom isn't coming back...She's gone to a better place." I held her tight and comforted her so she didn't get cold.
"Oh. Well at least she'll have a Max with her forever." She smiled and walked back inside the house. I could hear her beginning to cry while she was walking back into her bedroom. Linda followed her. Cheddar the old hyenadon trotted over to sniff the dead nasuto. Instead of trying to eat it like he does with every other animal on the farm that dies, he whined and licked its face. He continued to whine a bit longer and then also ran back inside the house with his tail between his legs and his head drooping down. I guess he had a connection with her too. I thought it was time for me to also head back inside the house. Susan waited for me to come to the door before she said anything.
"It was sweet of you to sing for her," She sniffed. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'll be fine." I said "I want you to send a letter to the citadel via the dimorphodon."
"What for?"
"Those animals killed Miss Blossom. How long do you think it's going to take for them to kill the rest of us? We'll need people to help us catch them."
"They didn't catch the Austroraptor pack before. What makes you think they'll stop these things?"
"I don't. One way or another, we'll find out what those things were."

Authors notes: I'm gonna stop it right there. Let me sum this up for you. THIS IS NOT COMPLETED!! This is a part of the survivor chapter. I mean, I could've written all of it but it would take a long time and I haven't sent a chapter in a while. So you guys kinda deserve this. I'll continue writing this afterwards. The next update SHOULD be the finished copy of this chapter. 

I really like this survivor chapter I hope you build more on it.. love the whole fanfiction keep up the good work...One question though how do newborns get implants (babys)

9 hours ago, Pteradontalons23 said:

I really like this survivor chapter I hope you build more on it.. love the whole fanfiction keep up the good work...One question though how do newborns get implants (babys)

8 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

That is actually an excellant question. @Kaprodonychus, care to explain?

Ah the miracles of pregnancy. At first, no they do not get an implant (since it would be extremely weird if they were born with a peice metal in their arm. They will get their implant over night. Survivors have even seen the implant slowly form on their child's arm. No one knows how that happens exactly (expect me!! Lol). Once they get their implant, they rely on that just like everyone else. If it was removed, they will die etc

i hope that answers your question. 

1 hour ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Ah the miracles of pregnancy. At first, no they do not get an implant (since it would be extremely weird if they were born with a peice metal in their arm. They will get their implant over night. Survivors have even seen the implant slowly form on their child's arm. No one knows how that happens exactly (expect me!! Lol). Once they get their implant, they rely on that just like everyone else. If it was removed, they will die etc

i hope that answers your question. 

Would make sense given a child will be taught by someone as they grow up. An infant born with an implant would not know what to do with it.

Archived