Your Game is doomed (PvP)

Crows

Because you allow server transfers of items, characters and dinos, people will continue to block all of the obelisks and beacon drops (and sometimes spawns) to prevent their server from being wiped by random, instant raiders who come and go before you even know it. This is starting to happen on PS4 across many servers now, not only PC and Xbox anymore.

Sort it out. Simple solution = disallow transfers of tames and/or items on PvP servers, bye. 

It appears to me that several things are happening here. Alpha tribes can become too large and too powerful, they don't really need to be tactical about who they attack on a new server, they seem to be able to just transfer all their gear in and steam roll a server. Second, it does not sound like there is any incentive for Alpha tribes to focus on other Alpha tribes and leave the small ones alone, and inversely penalty for attacking and wiping out vastly smaller and less powerful ones. I can't say for sure, but from all the arguments I have heard since I started this definitely seems to be the case.

They just need to reformat the system. I believe they should limit what you can transfer over.

Make it raw materials, force invading players to craft the supplies they need. This will be slightly time consuming and might deter impatient raiders from transfering between servers frequently. 

They should allow you to check unconcious players and see what servers they are from. Also what tribe aswell.

Maybe even add a temp. nerf to incoming dinos for x amount of hours. Where their speed, attack, and health is lowered down to base stats.

9 hours ago, Mortus said:

It appears to me that several things are happening here. Alpha tribes can become too large and too powerful, they don't really need to be tactical about who they attack on a new server, they seem to be able to just transfer all their gear in and steam roll a server. Second, it does not sound like there is any incentive for Alpha tribes to focus on other Alpha tribes and leave the small ones alone, and inversely penalty for attacking and wiping out vastly smaller and less powerful ones. I can't say for sure, but from all the arguments I have heard since I started this definitely seems to be the case.

Exactly.

8 hours ago, Colbeh said:

They just need to reformat the system. I believe they should limit what you can transfer over.

Make it raw materials, force invading players to craft the supplies they need. This will be slightly time consuming and might deter impatient raiders from transfering between servers frequently. 

They should allow you to check unconcious players and see what servers they are from. Also what tribe aswell.

Maybe even add a temp. nerf to incoming dinos for x amount of hours. Where their speed, attack, and health is lowered down to base stats.

Very well said! I like this solution a lot, honestly.

All well and good wanting change,but no matter what happens with it all,people will still moan.

Alphas will still find a way to smash servers,games been out for awhile and most alphas have hordes of stuff so even if it was just raw materials,its just gonna take a little longer for the wipe to come.

All i suggest is go find a decent-ish server where you can build in moderate peace.

Remember the games still being tinkered with so who knows what nerfs etc are to come! 

Archived