[Developer Feedback Request] Tyrant's Breeding Synopsis

tyranttommy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Martyn said:

You use phios as poo machines.  Everyone does.  Feed them white berries..  I actually switch, sometimes I collect poo manually, other times when I'm lazy I use the phio.  I only have 8 fert bins tho atm, have another 9 on another base, but rarely use that now, actually thinking of knocking it down.

I currently have around 16 plant x on our main base.  Removed about the same number.  Find 2 is enough to stop a giga from advancing.  They don't do much damage.. but they keep it away.  Also have a quetz with 7 plant x on it.

but I play on pve, so I'm not expecting 6+ giga's to turn up.

And even at 40 per 2 hours.. that's still alot of effort to keep feeding plant x, feeding farms, reaping vegs, making kibble, collecting eggs.. it's all alot of time.  Asking people to do these things.. they complain you're asking them to work.. lol. Which they are.

My system doesn't require much effort.

The only effort you have to put in is, farming thatch, and actually placing the fert in the plant x's

and 300 is not too much work, all of our plants stay full of fert bags, until they reach around 100k area, then we take the fert we've been saving and fill them back up.

easy system, we've had no problems with plants dying of no fert. (and no problems of ANYONE rolling in on our base)

15 hours ago, Martyn said:

We use lv 200+ sabers, 2 of us almost died in a cave.  Wolves have high dps, but even less health in general.  Caves are a no go zone until they balance the number of critters and also the team pvp issue.  Nothing worse and we tried it with 12 players in a cave, than loosing 5 in a minute due to pike's overkill radius, killing your own tribe members, there just isn't enough space for effective combat in a cave, either with dinos or on foot.

Bad saddle? 190 LvLs in oxygen?

I went after the nerf, before they did start buffing, to the central cave and my saber cleared the cave. The saber wasnt even strong or so, even think I didnt kibble tamed this one..sure it wasnt easy, but in the end I cleared the cave. (Had to force feed some of the fresh farmed meat stacks). 

But I guess the mastercraft saddle makes here the big difference.

4 hours ago, tyrant tommy said:

This is what I don't understand. "OP Raptor taking on a giga". Lets really evaluate this if it truly were an issue.

Giga Level 1:

Vs Raptor Level 1 = raptor dead

Vs Raptor level 100 = raptor dead

Vs Raptor level 200 = Raptor nearly dead but possibly kill the giga

Giga level 40's (the only giga I have ever fought)

Vs Argent level 200 = Argent almost dead giga seeming to be undamaged, I retreated. This was a month ago too.

OK

That was just anecdotal and a made up example.  I personally never experienced that scenario.  I'm a solo player so Giga are out of my tax bracket.  However prior to the patch it did seem difficult for my dinos to take damage.  Maybe everything was fine before the patch.

4 hours ago, sAd said:

Bad saddle? 190 LvLs in oxygen?

I went after the nerf, before they did start buffing, to the central cave and my saber cleared the cave. The saber wasnt even strong or so, even think I didnt kibble tamed this one..sure it wasnt easy, but in the end I cleared the cave. (Had to force feed some of the fresh farmed meat stacks). 

But I guess the mastercraft saddle makes here the big difference.

I can tell you it makes a considerable difference...

I took my highest level small carnivore into the 50/50 cave (my lvl 189 raptor) and could only take down 3-4 dinos before I had to run out with 15% health. I know raptors aren't the most efficient dino to use in said caves but I would have expected its' level (and subsequent increases in attack damage) would have been enough to do more than 5 single dinos. As it stands, until I can tame/level a sabre to max, and get my tribemates to do the same with theirs, a cave will be impossible to do.

Then again, I'm doing caves to farm chitin for cementing paste to complete an industrial forge. They're meant to be end-game machines so perhaps it's by design to make it slower to obtain such things?

I'm not sure how I feel about the re-balance, to be honest. However I'm just going to readjust my activities to suit. Caves too hard? Maybe I just need to do more prep. Can't get an alpha rex with my own rex? Maybe I'll need to take two. I'll figure it out, I'm sure you guys will too.

7 hours ago, Wollzy said:

That was just anecdotal and a made up example.  I personally never experienced that scenario.  I'm a solo player so Giga are out of my tax bracket.  However prior to the patch it did seem difficult for my dinos to take damage.  Maybe everything was fine before the patch.

Seemed fine to me... thus my confusion, hard to come by high end bred dinos should be stronger than alphas, that's the whole point of all that effort...

On 11.1.2016 at 5:47 AM, Grognak said:

I've been in the dark...

My tribe is the ALPHA tribe on our server, everyone knows us, and we've taught every other tribe on the server to Identify targets before attacking, or your base gets leveled.

We don't raid people either, we do our own thing. But we've been attacked by tribes who THINK they are tougher, and by morning there is nothing standing in the area that was their base...

We don't demand payment for being on the server. Not yet anyway, the other tribes think they can band together to take us down, but we have over 300 plant X's and 20 turrets armed and ready (I know because I planted every, single, last one of them...)

Brag next time after you reach 200 (normal) turrets :P

On 11/1/2016 at 2:28 AM, tyrant tommy said:

Tl:DR : I've experienced a lot of good and bad in this game and now am at a loss with the point of end game breeding

You haven't bred any dinos in the endgame yet since it isn't implemented :) 
You're currently testing the midgame breeding cycle. In Digests the devs have hinted at many ways of making the process of breeding easier. A machine to incubate faster(so you can see if the stats of the baby pleases you sooner than 6 hours later), a babysitting skill of sorts so the baby requires less attention just to name 2 things.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/11/2016 at 11:55 PM, Orion said:

I feel like the Developers are right in their decision.
They didn't want their game to be Ark: Dino Farming Simulator!
They want a survival game that's mostly based on the players.

How do you know what they want?

Also, why would they want to limit their audience, aka, purchasers?  That is like a car company selling a minivan for family use, but refusing to sell it to someone that wanted to use it to haul pets or a mini-RV(add a bed in the back) or for their business.  "Sorry, you are not going to use it right, so we cannot sell it to you."

I think the developers should be proud that they have developed something that can be used in many ways and allow players to play how they want.  If some elitist game company only wants to make a game playable/enjoyable to 0.1% of the population, instead of 5% or 10% or more, that is their call, but man, talk about deliberately losing money.

And, since they have the game designed for solo, PVE, and PVP, both 'official' and private, I think they have made something very flexible that can be enjoyed by many.

With the ability to run our own servers, we can also set the variables how we want them, and, over time, do our own balancing; such as expansion vs compression.

In all actuality it adds another reality to the game.

In real life people work their entire lives just so they can live, while in turn paying taxes to do so.

On our server, the smaller tribes get to tame, and farm, and build (to an extent, no stop-spawning resources) all they want. But they've got to pay us (the Alpha Tribe) taxes. In return we allow them to live, and with the right persuasion (lots of metal/obsidian/CP) we will help them wipe another tribe out.

We LOVE it when they show up at our doorstep and ask for help with a trike or 2 in tow loaded down with precious goods. (small tribe wars are fun to watch and participate in)

The server quickly lets us know that a "raider" tribe has formed, and is killing tribes tames/land/buildings... we show up, demand the loot, and grief them off the server...

The newbs that make it off of "newby beach" and into the arms of another tribe have a chance to live, as long as they learn how the system works...

I love this game...

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, Grognak said:

In all actuality it adds another reality to the game.

In real life people work their entire lives just so they can live, while in turn paying taxes to do so.

<snipage>

I love this game...

This is the beauty of the game.  What Grognak wrote is almost opposite of how I like to play; and that is not a criticism.

Being in the alpha tribe on are server with that play style would eventually wear on my nerves, and if it was the only option for playing, I would not play.  But, I have other options, so we all win.

Now, some might say that it is not fair that one tribe rules the server, well I say, you don't understand the game design.  There are servers where one tribe sets the tone.  There are other servers where multiple tribes set the tone.  There are servers where no one has much of a voice.  This is true with PVE and PVP.  And, I don't agree with all of the play styles, and, so what.  

If I don't like the environment I can either stay and complain, move on for something I like better, or try to change it.  That is part of what this game is about. 

Of course, that mainly applies to public servers, as private servers can and do have thier won rules, from very specific limitations to total chaos.  Again, that is the beauty of this design.

Archived