UI Discussion: Dino Inventory & Overlay, Engram Page, Player HUD, + Multi Wheel

Jatheish

2 minutes ago, Smithey1985 said:

I would like to have an option to choose what my dino gathers, so i could set my Bronto to only pick up Narcoberry or set my Anky to only pick up Flint.

also having Floating Names on a toggle so I can switch it on/off on the fly would be good, annoying having to go into options everytime I enter our base with 100+ dinosaurs in it.

If you're on PC the toggle is backspace :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Smithey1985 said:

Yes that toggles the entire HUD, I just want Dino names to disappear 

I get ya, actually that would be super amazing, I actually get 10 fps or so more in my base when I turn the HUD off, but like you said it's only really the dino names that are expendable; the rest of the HUD is useful! It could be hold backspace to toggle names, tap to toggle HUD or vice versa (I actually prefer the other way round; it's more likely your gonna want to get rid of just the dino names than the HUD)

Dino to Dino inventory would be good

Able to keep hold of the right trigger on xbox to eat slot of meat to heal dinosaur would be good instead of mashing the trigger and ruining my controller

An in-game alarm/stopwatch. So we don't let fertilised eggs cracking and the babies die

Overlapping text when you kill stuff gets annoying and blinds you after it takes up all of your screen

Y button to get on/off dinosaur is to open doors to. Not a good idea 

Orbit cam for your character.. You can't turn whilst it's on... Would be good to have views like my dinos have.. First person or third person 

20 minutes ago, thedogowl said:

I get ya, actually that would be super amazing, I actually get 10 fps or so more in my base when I turn the HUD off, but like you said it's only really the dino names that are expendable; the rest of the HUD is useful! It could be hold backspace to toggle names, tap to toggle HUD or vice versa (I actually prefer the other way round; it's more likely your gonna want to get rid of just the dino names than the HUD)

Yes! I like that idea rather than having separate buttons for each

1 hour ago, m4Marci said:

A sorting option already exists.. if you uncheck the "show all" box on the upper left hand side of the inventory, near the crafting queue, it'll sort the engrams by type. 

This option is also available in crafting structures as well as Dino inventory.

Ii think there talking about in the screen where you unlock the engrams. 

Dino wheel options are ok... But what annoys me is when a particular option like follow me is consistently in the one place on the wheel for ages and then changes location and I have to search for it among all the other options (which can be daunting on some dino wheel menus.)

Ability to see original stats for breeding purposes would be nice.

Ability to see my weight while in the dino inventory.

Ability to adjust the opacity (0%-100%) of the floating dino name tags and info.

Ability for the dino to disable harvesting all or certain resources.

Reduce the size of the text of things harvested by the dino to the size that Survival of the Fittest had (or ability to scale the size to what we want) and also the option to adjust it's opacity from 0% - 100%  (It's super hard to fight on a dino with harvested resource text constantly popping up in your face) could do well to change it's location from top center to somewhere else.  Perhaps an option to disable being able to harvest resources while in combat (while combat music is playing) might be a good option too!

Ability to decide which side of a dino I want to jump off.

Engrams could do well to be separated into groups... Saddles, Decor, Weapons, Building, Armours, Misc...  Like mini technology trees (not one big one - though the option to have the big overall one would be handy)

Maybe can be a good idea add something to allow modders add UI to clients without the needed to be added in servers. Like devs do it with translations.

Or maybe not (I don't know if this can be a security issue)

Other idea can be a "Mod contest" about UIs. And choose the better UI to be added officially (with some devs changes if is needed)

Options in Commands Wheels move a lot, especially on dinosaurs. What options are available actually change right now if you're 5 feet from one or right next to one. In addition there's so many little AI tweak commands where you have to open the menu several times to tweak it to the right setting. Open Menu, find Change to Neutral. Open Menu, find Change to Passive. I kind of wish when checking out a Dinosaur inventory that you could open a 'Training' tab to quickly toggle these options.

On the taming front there's so much having to dig into a dinosaur's inventory. Or effectively live in its inventory if you're dealing with a Knock out tame with rapid torpor recovery.

Name plates: I feel like the nameplates right now have too much info across three lines. The Aura line, the name line, then the following line. And it might help to be: mid distance: name line. Closer distance: name, level, following line, auras. With potentially the auras on one of these two lines or mostly hidden except for when you hold down H. Do you really need to see a feed bin or a egg bin on every dino in range unless you're actively worrying if things are in buff range at the moment? Also the really close panel wth the food, xp, health, stamina meters are really awkward to locate and get on screen at times. It feels like the distance those appear should perhaps be a touch further away. But I agree this is awkward as it also covers up a good extent of the viewport too.

Perhaps on that note a more focus obvious  UI element should be included. If you're in interact range of an object of in whistle range of a tribe dinosaur and pointed at it, then you Hilight that object or dinosaur in some fashion. While a dinosaur is hilighted you could show that panel page (health, stamina, food), but instead of hovering over the dinosaur you put it in the lower right hand side. (always above the tools at the bottom and left of your own stats on the right.) The hiliting of the object would be one way to indicate: Oh, I'm going to interact with a door vs hopping off my steed. Or which specific dinosaur your whistle target dino command is going to affect.

What about directional dismount. If I hold left character would dismount left  hold right characer dismount right etc..

Overlaying of text when you look at something for example you look at a bin and it tells you what your looking at and the hit points but overlapping that it is telling you what button to use to open it

Thank skullxminer

(ON PS4)

The only thing that bothers me EVERY time I play is when I am looking at structures in my base to see if they need repaired, or to see what is in a certain container (I use the naming feature to sort things into specific containers) and the huge white "hold to access more options" is covering the green text telling me how danaged it is, and what I have named it.

UI..

Allow a slider that lets us change the scale of GUI size. Some TVs are difficult to keep all information on screen, so a slider would allow us to adjust  the entire GUI to fit our TVs resolution as one piece. Perhaps an extra slider or two to customise individual GUI sizes further?

Much like MMOs such as WoW or ESO, have a menu that lets us tick to select certain information that goes on screen to filter certain information. Eg. Food spoilage, resources gained, login/out, etc. Perhaps allow some info to go specified tabs. Open one up for chat only, or mixed info. Or have two seperate ones. 

That should clear the screen of large pop up text. Especially consoles. 

Radial menu..

Instead of grouping (one) or (all) eg "follow" commands immediately next to the similar one, change the arrangement so that grouped (one) or grouped (all) commands are on the opposite sides of one another in order to avoid potentially dangerous mistakes. For example, think of a clock -top left of radial at 10-11pm = grouped 'all', top right at 1-2pm= grouped 'one' 

Also, sometimes it's possible to get stuck in the radial menu on areas such as Emotes, with no way out other than quitting to desktop/dashboard. 

Radial menu dismounting. Hold button to bring up radial menu, move stick to choose dismount option, while holding down on that selection, give a countdown delay of 0.5sec followed by a message instructing to flick left stick left or right to dismount in certain chosen direction. 

Dino/player Inventory...

Some items do not stack properly when moved from one inventory container to another. Stacks do not always count up properly, so uneven stacks are possible, this takes up more time than it should. Perhaps putting in a tick box that can be toggled on or off that lets someone know items are in auto-stack mode or otherwise are allowed to be uneven. Would really help with organising containers or player inventory slot management. 

I would like to transfer all the items of one type with a double click or something like that... would be really usefull for storage.

Would be nice too for custom servers learn all the engrams with one click and if we could learn the required engram from the engram you wanna learn (if you wanna learn the gunpower you could learn the sparkpower from the gunpower engram). I thinks this would make things easier.

Would be nice too a longer tribe log.. Now i can´t see all the stuff the people destroy o kill when they raid me.

If you could let see the dinos wild+taming stats (no leveled) would be really usefull for breeding dinos and better if you can see that at the tree family too.

PD: srry for my english :P

Engram system...

Allow a Checkerboard view of the Engram system (as well as the default list). Each segment of the checkerboard would categorise specific engram types into a submenu, as well as the parent folder of each submenu having a general photo which visually  identifies/previews what is in it. For example...

Tools/Weapons/Armour

Farming/Saddles/Food

Building/Lighting/Defense

Cosmetic/Production/PvP

That would solve a lot of time wasting while trying to search through a LOT of engrams for something specific to a certain task you're doing. 

8 hours ago, jimmy said:

The PGM extinction is a waste of time really its like SE hard to find resources you get killed everywhere you go by wild Dino's I had a full stone boat allosaurus show up and trap me and destroyed everything including the boat. Spent 6 hours doing that put the island extinction back.

I think you are lost friend. 

Archived