Boss Arenas

Dam Son

Has anyone defeated any other boss other than the manticore on official servers? is the broodmother hard to kill? any specific strategy to it? or even the megapithecus. saw some vids on the dragon too, it seems impossible to kill.

was thinking of taking in the paracer with gatling gun to paint the bosses with lead, apparently it is not allowed. so, are there any other ways to kill bosses?

I haven't on Official, only on my personal server, but my dino stats are only around 20% higher than official so the principle should be the same. In general, invest into breeding some high-level dinos that can be replaced, find high-quality saddles, and invest immensely into assault rifles and high-quality Flak or Riot. Custom consumables and blood packs/medical brews are also incredibly helpful, as are enduro stews for your dinos

For Broodmother, I used a few high-level Turtles and Rexes. My friends and I used Assault Rifles with huge amounts of ammo. No real strategy here, other than having your turtles tank and maybe keeping a single rex with you to deal with adds that head your way.

Same idea for the Megapithecus, tho you really want to make sure your dinos tank for you because one shot from the rock will kill you. My friends and I actually traded out a turtle for a Trike since it has good knockback, but I don't think that's necessary.

Dragon is definitely hardest. We just went straight Rexes and Assault Rifles. We did lose several Rexes this way, but we managed to kill the Dragon.

53 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

As I understand it (I haven't actually tested it yet) the Allo's bleed is a percentage of the target's maximum health. They would likely be the most efficient damage-dealer to bring against the bosses.

As far as I know, only the Alpha gets the bleeding attack in a pack?

Therefore I'm not sure if Allos can outdamage Rexes when only one has the bonus. Combining both species in your group might be profitable though.

Archived