I do not understand the difficulty WC has in making true PvE servers.

Midnight_

Ok another dino was added with PvP in mind. Baryonyx. On PvE servers I can with my baryonyx stun another player underwater continually till they drown and take there stuff. I can stun another plyaer mounted on a shark and stun the shark till the player drowns. This is a way to directly kill other players in PvE. In Player versus Environment I can DIRECTLY kill other players with this new dino that did NOT pass the basic Quality Assurance question of (can this new dino (and abilities) directly or indirectly break PvE). 

Let's make PvE actually PvE again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/14/2016 at 2:58 PM, Midnight_ said:

The solution to all this is just stupidly simple.

New dino? ....nice we love new dinos. Apply the same settings as old dinos on the new dino! You kite a bronto to a base it does NO DAMAGE to the base....do that for the golem....is that not simple?

New weapon? WE LOVE NEW WEAPONS! Apply the same settings to the new weapon that is on old weapons!!!! Shoot someone not in your tribe with a gun NO DAMAGE/NO EFFECT.....do that for the new weapon.....  

Like the title says I do not understand the difficulty. Is there a valid reason they are not doing this?

The golem doesn't do damage to the base, until it aggros on the owner's dinos. And the way that happens has to do with neutral dino AI logic. If something hits your base (not damages, hits) they attack the thing that hit the base.

A bronto attack is simple to code to avoid this. A golem's thrown rock is harder. Because it is an impact based projectile, it can't just not "hit" a structure in its path. It has to impact and bounce, it counts as a hit, thus the neutrals attack.

A possible fix for this, would be to require damage to be done in order to aggro neutral dinos. This would prevent the main method of golem griefing. Though it would not prevent it entirely, the griefers would just make the golem throw a rock toward whatever visible dinos there were.

It's annoying how rarely they actually read tickets completely. I submitted 3 in a month because I had all of my dinos (on a side server) wiped by allos spawning inside the base. It was a 4 by 3 metal base, sectioned into a 2 by 3 dino pen and then storage. Allos were spawning consistently in my metal box of a dino pen, on foundations. They responded by saying they don't replace dinos anymore, and I sent back that I know, and I don't want them to, I just want them to fix the raptoring glitch. In response, I got a message saying "we hope your issue has been resolved". Unbearably annoying. 

Yes I have submitted many tickets for various reasons and have had the GM's ask me for information that was included in the initial ticket posting. It Seems to me that they are really being pushed to rush through as many tickets as they can rather than focusing on each one to give them the full care they need. I have been rather disappointed in this new "we don't care about your dinos" maybe more accurate "we are too busy to care about your dinos" policy they now have. 

But if they are not going to help with the stuck/lost/killed dinos the least they can do is fix the bugs that cause those problems. I feel all that has bee pushed aside to pave the way for new content. 

Personally I feel they are irresponsible until they address the glaring bugs that literally break PvE and make it just a modified PvP. As long as they continue to crank our dinos and items that allow players to directly or indirectly (but effectively) attack other players their dinos or bases then it is NOT PvE.

28 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

Yes I have submitted many tickets for various reasons and have had the GM's ask me for information that was included in the initial ticket posting. It Seems to me that they are really being pushed to rush through as many tickets as they can rather than focusing on each one to give them the full care they need. I have been rather disappointed in this new "we don't care about your dinos" maybe more accurate "we are too busy to care about your dinos" policy they now have. 

But if they are not going to help with the stuck/lost/killed dinos the least they can do is fix the bugs that cause those problems. I feel all that has bee pushed aside to pave the way for new content. 

Personally I feel they are irresponsible until they address the glaring bugs that literally break PvE and make it just a modified PvP. As long as they continue to crank our dinos and items that allow players to directly or indirectly (but effectively) attack other players their dinos or bases then it is NOT PvE.

Yep. And I started playing on a new server on PS4 to play with a friend and teach him the game, the first week someone built a wall around our base as close as he could to our building and pillars lol. So I submitted a ticket with pictures and video, and they asked me to submit pictures...uhh?

That is just jaw droppingly frustrating I know. 

If anyone has better ideas on how to fix the bugs that have turned PvE into PvP(modified) please post your ideas in the thread linked bellow. Any good ideas will get added to the first post. If I missed a bug (dino/ability or tool) that can be used to directly or indirectly grief other players please let me know so I can add it to the list. I want to do anything and everything I can to help the devs find a solution that they feel they "have the time" to implement in their busy schedule of cranking out new content. Post your ideas in this thread:

Archived