This game is impossible for new players

wewlad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BuzzardDust said:

Maybe try a dedicated server to get your feet wet. Learn the ropes n all. if your interrested message me. We have a very friendly pvp/pve rp server 

I'v mostly learned the ropes, well the basics in Single Player. But I don't see how its possible to get started in an Official Server. Join server > level up a little > get killed by A**holes > build a thatch house > log out > sign in > thatch house destroyed > killed every time you encounter a player.

I'm sure the game is great if you know people who play the game though. But if you don't its another story. I'll just stick to single player I guess.

How is this any different then any other multiplayer online game? How do you propose we fix the issue of "Someone was playing before me?" Seriously dude. Find a server where the alpha wont wipe you constantly for no reason, then keep your head down, and build up. Ark is sometimes as much about playing a political game in the chat with the other tribes as it is about building up.

1 minute ago, Stovokor said:

How is this any different then any other multiplayer online game? How do you propose we fix the issue of "Someone was playing before me?" Seriously dude. Find a server where the alpha wont wipe you constantly for no reason, then keep your head down, and build up. Ark is sometimes as much about playing a political game in the chat with the other tribes as it is about building up.

Ark is a lot different than any other game. Most other games have matchmaking methods to make it easier on new players. Ark is a game where matchmaking doesn't make sense though. 

15 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Ark is a lot different than any other game. Most other games have matchmaking methods to make it easier on new players. Ark is a game where matchmaking doesn't make sense though. 

I am a solo player, always have been. Join up, take your ass poundings, learn from it, adapt, evolve. People who are looking for easy mode are defiantly in the wrong game. No game sticks it in and breaks it off like ark. Be it dino's, other tribes, or bugs. And thats why we like it.

42 minutes ago, Stovokor said:

I am a solo player, always have been. Join up, take your ass poundings, learn from it, adapt, evolve. People who are looking for easy mode are defiantly in the wrong game. No game sticks it in and breaks it off like ark. Be it dino's, other tribes, or bugs. And thats why we like it.

Ok that's great. I applaud you and I agree. That doesn't change the post you quoted though. You asked how it's different than any other game and I responded to that. 

2 hours ago, wewlad said:

Why make it so unforgiving for new players? You join a server with nothing, knowing no one, and your suppose to somehow compete with tribes who have been there for months?

Like someone said try single player for a bit, if you dont find PvP your thing try PvE. Im sure that PvP has gotten even harder since cross ark transfer kicked in but its a great change if youre a pve player. If you start on one map and get bored you can take stuff with you and try another map. 

1 hour ago, Bane191 said:

Join Ark on the PS4, everyone will be in the same boat as you, starting out, looking for peeps to form tribes with. Wont be a single player above level 25 on day 1.

Some of us will power level like mad crazed alpha dogs that were starved for months let loose in a brand new butcher shop.

I'v mostly learned the ropes, well the basics in Single Player. But I don't see how its possible to get started in an Official Server. Join server > level up a little > get killed by A**holes > build a thatch house > log out > sign in > thatch house destroyed > killed every time you encounter a player.

I'm sure the game is great if you know people who play the game though. But if you don't its another story. I'll just stick to single player I guess.

This is why I stick to PVE u can interact with other players and not really have to worry about idiots 

It's called ark "survival" evolved not ark "go cry on a thread" evolved  hahahaaaa just kidding dude. 

Build small build for purpose ... And keep building! That's how you'll level up. even if you're just making foundations and demolishing them right away. Make a raft and cover it with spikes then when you log out put a spike wall in front of the door. And hope for the best. And stay away from people. I've made it a year on one server by way of "living the hermit life" ... And unlock "refertilizer" if your spot is in the woods use that stuff to replace all the trees around your place to keep it hidden 

There are servers where that doesn't happen. And what you should do is ask nicely to get a raft built, and for a pair of scuba flippers, and promise you'll pay your benefactor some hundreds of pearls later. Keep your valuable stuff in boxes hidden among water plants, those are hard to find.  Or put a box on raft and glitch it into a rock wall, that also works well.

You can level up by kiting big carnivores into water with arrows, then swim around them and pike them to death. Really good xp. Tame a ptera, get some beaver dams. Once you're level 65, which should take a few days of boating around, you can sail to some metal nodes, get metal, build a metal base with a few turrets. Most raiders avoid that, they stick to grenades and hatches to bust down doors. 

You have to stop and look at what you're wanting to do. Extinction servers might be a better fit for you if you want to start off on even ground, just find one that's just about to reset, or has just reset. If you're looking to build up long term, keep going for a while, stay hidden as best as possible, join up with a large tribe when you can. This is not a solo friendly game, at all.

Archived