What is your opinion about the WC support. Let us know!

littleDog

4 minutes ago, epochdei said:

And no matter what you do support wise, people always cry about poop.

Cuz they are entitled children who lack insight or responsibility.

Lol, what is entitled about people wanting customer support for a product they purhcased?

Do you know what entitled means? How is that people wanting special attention over others?

"Who lack insight or responsibility" its ironic that for someone condemning others as entitled, you appear very arrogant and a bit of a snob.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A team of monkeys riding snails have been dispatched to help deal with your issue, please keep in mind they need to go server to server and hit every server number then go between spawns and obelisks before they reach your servers number. Have a complementary cake ready for the snail once it arrives. If you do not provide this cake then we will then troll you with a patch that breaks something new! Have a nice day.

Lol in all honesty though I think WC support is great at dealing with things, perhaps a bit slow sometimes and random results depending on who answers your ticket. The only thing they lack from what I can tell is communication about the game bugs. Personally I would make a something like a public view of a google docs sheet then list and number the bugs along with the versions they were reported on and mark if its being worked on or not, along with posting a link in every bug report thread with the bugs number about the issue for the users to see that its known and verified.

In 2012 I was admin/co-founder of the worlds largest creative minecraft server back then (Team Vareide, you'll find my name on all the pmc survival games maps). I had a firm belief that the outside community that played the maps we made along with our own community took priority. I would go to random servers, spend time with people, play games with them and see what was wrong with things in person. Along with keeping the relations and tempers of our 130ish server members that never played at the same time or same months in check (averaged 20-30 of them per month). I was fired eventually for reasons along the lines of "your no longer needed" (I assume it was because it was hard for me to keep up with the new creation of maps made by a 3rd party and they expected me to clean up the mess made by them, but I was never told exactly why) they then closed a few months later as no one was willing to do the job I did from the remaining staff.

Story time aside, its a hard job doing things similar to this once you expand to a massive 1000+ playerbase like ark has (ark has a average of 20-40k online normally) and also requires dedication to keep at it even if you want to do it or not. You also have to take flak if things don't get done or done right. For what WC does is probably a nightmare but if they did nothing we would have a different playerbase now. For what they have, I'll just say they are great! :) (and patient).

8 hours ago, Ekoby said:

Lol what?

Yes I would, what an odd reply lol

I wouldn't bother trying to hold a conversation with that kid.. Seems like he's missing either a few screws or has an extra chromosome or two..

People who purchase a product are entitled to customer service. 

Companies make a product, Consumers buy it, something goes wrong, Consumer calls Support Service/Makes Ticket, they then receive the help that they should with the product they purchased from the Company.

If you really feel that WC shouldn't be responding in a faster fashion (I'll be nice and say at least 2-3 days instead of the average week) then I feel bad for your misguided sense of "entitlement" as a consumer, as you call it.

6 hours ago, cvndlz said:

I wouldn't bother trying to hold a conversation with that kid.. Seems like he's missing either a few screws or has an extra chromosome or two..

People who purchase a product are entitled to customer service. 

Companies make a product, Consumers buy it, something goes wrong, Consumer calls Support Service/Makes Ticket, they then receive the help that they should with the product they purchased from the Company.

If you really feel that WC shouldn't be responding in a faster fashion (I'll be nice and say at least 2-3 days instead of the average week) then I feel bad for your misguided sense of "entitlement" as a consumer, as you call it.

Pretty much, I just really hate the attitude that exists with some on these forums where wildcard are revered as some sort of selfess charitable being doing us all a favour.

We payed for this game with our hard earned money and they gladly take it, shut the front door!

(Is that better my favourite warning giving mod @GamerPerfection? Do you literally follow me around posts? lol)

Edit: @GamerPerfection I notice you dont remove a post where someone is saying I should smash a rock on my face (I really dont care about that comment in particular, I'm just saying if your going to be pedantic at least do it without bias).

I am sure a game of this scope and the amount of servers is very hard to keep up with.  With complaints from "Server is down" to "Please give me back my dinosaur" the amount of ticket volume is higher than we think I am sure.

However, this does not give license for a company to ignore the customer base.  From what I am reading and my own experience that seems to be their biggest issue.  I know that all matters cannot be attended to in a few minutes, but even automated response with a message letting the consumer know that they are still in a que would be nice.

Also, if there is an issue that is causing a mass disruption, example: server is down for everyone.  Waiting for days for any type of response shows poor customer service skills. 

Great game and I hope they keep improving, but they do need to put some eyes on their customer service and come up with a better plan in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, epochdei said:

I am so sick of hearing people complain about WC or the server states, or pvp, or raiders.

Get the fack over it, move on, change games, w/e just stop bitching about it, because its a part of the games intended design.

If you don't like it, tough poop.

Welcome to the forums, the exit button is on the top right. Top left if you're on a Mac.

Seeing as how you really have no valuable input to contribute to this topic (besides name calling and childish insults) I figured I'd try and help you out a bit :)

13 hours ago, Ekoby said:

Pretty much, I just really hate the attitude that exists with some on these forums where wildcard are revered as some sort of selfess charitable being doing us all a favour.

We payed for this game with our hard earned money and they gladly take it, shut the front door!

(Is that better my favourite warning giving mod @GamerPerfection? Do you literally follow me around posts? lol)

Edit: @GamerPerfection I notice you dont remove a post where someone is saying I should smash a rock on my face (I really dont care about that comment in particular, I'm just saying if your going to be pedantic at least do it without bias).

I get where you're coming from man.

It can be aggrivating having issues on a grand scale and no customer support to give you a simple response or answer, especially after you've spent countless days into their game for absolutely nothing to fall back to for support. (Until 2-3 weeks later)

But, now, let's be real here.

World of Warcraft has upwards of 5.5 million subscribers, I'd say about 3/4's of those subs are continuosly active players.

Tickets are generated every minute of the day, whether it's through their forums, in-game, or over their tech support phone line and I can personally say I've NEVER had to wait for over a few days for at LEAST a response.

They are always quick to assure me in a response email that they are hot on the case, and can't wait to get me back to enjoying the game as I was before my issues popped up.

(these emails generally follow up within 24hrs of placement of said support ticket.)

There's no reason as to why there can't at LEAST be an automated message system that can give players a headsup as to what position they are in for the "queue" of other "crybabies" as some people seem to like to put it.

If WC wants to hold any weight in the industry, then they definitely need to up their customer service. I understand they're a small team, but even hiring people with some sort of technical background (or raptor it, find some volunteers!) would, in my opinion, help their reputation immensly when it comes to their support services.

Also, Ark's all time player peak on PC is mearly 84,838 players* and Xbox only recently surpassed that player count, from what I have read.

Shouldn't be too hard to follow through with a dedicated customer service team, but hey, that's just me I guess.

*Source: http://www.steamcharts.com/app/346110

You know how you can help, by not complaining every frickin little thing.

Oh he killed me. Oh they destroyed my base. Oh my dino's vanished.

How is this constructive?

Aren't there stickies that pretty much explain why and how all these things happen, and that legit PVP in any form, on a PVP server is aloud, NO MATTER WHAT.

The game is essentially Risk /w resources.

Having one person, or team control an entire server, is essentially how you "win" at ARK.

If you do not like these conditions, then you are playing the wrong game.

15 minutes ago, epochdei said:

The game is essentially Risk /w resources.

Let's not compare apples to oranges here.

Risk is a boardgame, not a 70 slot server that has people duplicating their own resources, tames (pieces if you REALLY wanna stick to your original schtick), and breaking the game to build massive kill bases underground where they are virtually invulnerable.
If this was a board game (lmfao, thinking about it like that makes it even more hilarious) then I would agree with you. It'd be senseless bickering.

But this game is in development, and by putting their product onto the marketplace (or 'preview' to some) for consumers to buy they automatically subject themselves to criticism, complaints, as well as requests to fix poop that they don't want to be bothered to fix.

Now if they really were concerned about the community, you'd expect to see the moderators, customer support, or even devs weighing in as to why responses are slow and at most ineffective towards the players original ticket request.

Instead, one has mearly replied to correct false claims someone made about how they run their services.

Which has cleared up absolutely nothing, lol.

I was using it as an example. The purpose of the game is to control territory and resources by any means.

But since you want to play, and seem to think you can follow the rules of logic in presenting your position, we shall play.

But this game is in development, and by putting their product onto the marketplace (or 'preview' to some) for consumers to buy they automatically subject themselves to criticism, complaints, as well as requests to fix poop that they don't want to be bothered to fix.

Yeah and just because you CAN complain, doesn't mean you should. Plus, the game is in early access alpha, and is sold "as is" with no guaranteed to access to any content.

There are official channels one can go through when making a "formal" complaint about game mechanics, server balance, bugs, etc. Guess what, its not the random people you will find in off topic threads.

Now if they really were concerned about the community, you'd expect to see the moderators, customer support, or even devs weighing in as to why responses are slow and at most ineffective towards the players original ticket request.

Again, the game is in EARLY ACCESS, and as stated previously, it is sold "as is" without any guaranteed access to the game or its content.

Again, there are official channels one should take when making a formal complaint or registering a glitch/bug/exploit.

Please read ALL stickies.

It's hard to be concerned with a community that is ungrateful, and constantly complains about their own short comings, as though its the dev's fault.

I mean, this game could be in a closed alpha circut with 100 users. all on one server, testing and reworking code, for YEARS.

Just be happy you have access at all. The game is is GREAT shape all things considered. And 99% of the time, things run as expected / designed.

instead, one has mearly replied to correct false claims someone made about how they run their services.

Which has cleared up absolutely nothing, lol.

Again, there are official channels for complaints about game mechanics, balance, server issues, and bugs.

Making random "cry" threads that just waste space to vent is not only a waste of time of the OP, but of any DEV who could be better spending their time working game code and assets, like they are almost always doing.

If any of you think you have something you can contribute, perhaps apply for a job at wild card.

PS, read ALL stickies, and follow official channels when making complains or reporting bugs.

Wanna keep playing?

17 minutes ago, epochdei said:

I was using it as an example. The purpose of the game is to control territory and resources by any means.

But since you want to play, and seem to think you can follow the rules of logic in presenting your position, we shall play.

Yeah and just because you CAN complain, doesn't mean you should. Plus, the game is in early access alpha, and is sold "as is" with no guaranteed to access to any content.

There are official channels one can go through when making a "formal" complaint about game mechanics, server balance, bugs, etc. Guess what, its not the random people you will find in off topic threads.

Again, the game is in EARLY ACCESS, and as stated previously, it is sold "as is" without any guaranteed access to the game or its content.

Again, there are official channels one should take when making a formal complaint or registering a glitch/bug/exploit.

Please read ALL stickies.

It's hard to be concerned with a community that is ungrateful, and constantly complains about their own short comings, as though its the dev's fault.

I mean, this game could be in a closed alpha circut with 100 users. all on one server, testing and reworking code, for YEARS.

Just be happy you have access at all. The game is is GREAT shape all things considered. And 99% of the time, things run as expected / designed.

Again, there are official channels for complaints about game mechanics, balance, server issues, and bugs.

Making random "cry" threads that just waste space to vent is not only a waste of time of the OP, but of any DEV who could be better spending their time working game code and assets, like they are almost always doing.

If any of you think you have something you can contribute, perhaps apply for a job at wild card.

PS, read ALL stickies, and follow official channels when making complains or reporting bugs.

Wanna keep playing?

I'm sorry, didn't realize holding a discussion on the forums was considered "playing" to the elitists *eyeroll*

I'm just trying to see why you continue to batter away at people who are simply voicing their concerns for a game, whether INCORRECTLY or CORRECTLY.

I mean, c'mon. Who made you the King of shutting down others on a community forum? The devs? LOL.

Either way, it doesn't seem like much headway is being made whether they follow your golden rule of "reading stickies and posting in official channels" as everything everyone has been discussing as issues are still blatant issues. Even ones that they have made reports and tickets for :)

Oh, also, let's not forget the ever infamous health bug glitch, where the health bar is faded out and doesn't respond to the player losing hit points at all. But yet, it works every 1/10th of the time. This is for almost, if not all, players that are on Console and PC. (I've actually read up on it, don't worry ;) I've also experienced it first hand on the One, a plethora of times, so don't try and say it aint a 'big deal')

Yet they claim they can't "replicate" said glitch. That's a lot of investigation and thought put into there, huh?

4 minutes ago, epochdei said:

Oh well, you managed one post without multiple strawmen and ad homen's.

w/e i expected too much i suppose. after all its an off topic forum.

I'd say congrats, you actually made a post to prove a point without attempting to insult someone in the process.

But as you say, "w/e I expected too much I suppose. after all its an off topic forum."

Have a goodnight, friend :)

Also, to fix your rather horrible "comparison", Rust is a better title to pit Ark against. For your future reference :)

5 minutes ago, epochdei said:

Never played it, so wouldn't have it as a reference.

You should give it a look if you're into raiding.

Game gives you the ability to takeover others bases by deauthorizing build rights on a toolbox and authorizing your own, and players generally box off toolboxes (which is legal) as to ward off raiders from taking over their bases easily..

I find it a little bit more entertaining at times than Ark, but then again it doesn't have dino's lol

Also, it's in Alpha and doesn't seem to have many issues on PC ;)

9 hours ago, epochdei said:

Oh well, you managed one post without multiple strawmen and ad homen's.

w/e i expected too much i suppose. after all its an off topic forum.

Pot calling kettle black.

I cant be bothered to quote your various lines of fallacious emotional outbursts but their emptiness should be self explanatory for anyone reading.

Developers do read these forums and do reply, speaking of strawman you have put words into my mouth about the type of grievances I have. It's about the response times.

I dont care if its snakes and ladders, we still bought the game, add support to it.

The whole early access thing, yeah fair enough, but paid DLC, etc etc, Wildcard knew what they were doing when they released the game like this, they can give better support.

Its that simple.

You are using phrases like "grateful" like they are doing us a favour, maybe mummy and daddy paid for your game for you but for some they work and earn money, Wildcard are no more doing me a "favour" than the local government I have to pay to park my cark are doing me a favour for "providing" me with that parking space.

If you dont like this topic, then *insert a lot of curse words*.

For someone complaining about emotional responses and irrational outbursts, you've added nothing but annoying hot air to this argument and shown your inability to engage constructively with points without ad hominem as you ironically judge others with.

Also how do you know that some of the negative aspects of this game are part of the games intended design you angry little beaver lol

Edit: Feel free to reply with a long post of your mindless blurb as I've just woken up so maybe I missed one of your empty points and didnt address them; dont want to pass up the chance to challenge them.

3 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

@cvndlz Agreed, Blizzard customer support is a great example, no support is perfect, but in my experience they should be the gold standard of pc customer support.

Keep in mind that Blizzard has that luxury because they charge their customers $15/mnth, this allows the players that luxury of premium CS (and it hasn't always been perfect, I remember days that I've been on hold for 1-3 hours when they only had phone support). WC is running the support they give off of a one time purchase (plus DLCs when that content releases, which is both nowhere near enough money to run a full blow support team, and is very inconsistent in terms of revenue to cover those CS costs).

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived