24 hours has passed since the new cross server update

iHEARTyou

It sucks, we already had 3 tribes quit the game.
They were fairly new and only at stone level, Chinese came in and wiped them before we could get the Chinese out.

Only way to prevent this is to limit the number of dinos and items transferred in a 24 hour period. Maybe 1 dino and 10 items (just an example).
Otherwise I feel sorry for anyone just starting out, going to be impossible for them to play because they will be hit first cause they r the easiest targets.

28 minutes ago, iHEARTyou said:

Has anyone experienced anything out of the ordinary? Do you like or dislike the cross server update? Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Trikky said:

They were fairly new and only at stone level, Chinese came in and wiped them before we could get the Chinese out.

Only way to prevent this is to limit the number of dinos and items transferred in a 24 hour period. Maybe 1 dino and 10 items (just an example).
Otherwise I feel sorry for anyone just starting out, going to be impossible for them to play because they will be hit first cause they r the easiest targets.

Yup... whiners complained (not you,  others) and now you not only have to worry about scorched,  but other island and center servers... I'd like to congratulate the ignorant who cried op about the one way scorched transfer, you really screwed yourselves and everyone else.  No noobs are safe..

33 minutes ago, iHEARTyou said:

Has anyone experienced anything out of the ordinary? Do you like or dislike the cross server update? Thoughts?

I loaded up my official pvp 363 character on pc today because i wanted to be able to offer a little more input. 

In the few hours i played today,  I was able to build a 6x6 wooden hut,  tame some starter Dinos,  and gather resources. 

I did all this while chatting with a very friendly server in global. I wasn't wiped once by any alpha players. While I was on, a raid took place. It was an online raid. The person who was getting raided asked for help and 2 people stepping in and stopped it. 

I have to say,  this is exactly how my last official experience went. Very positive. I can also say,  if I wake up tomorrow and my base is gone. I will not quit the game. 

Current status of game: not dead lol

I am all for continuing to give the cross server update a chance! 

1 minute ago, NebraskARK said:

I loaded up my official pvp 363 character on pc today because i wanted to be able to offer a little more input. 

In the few hours i played today,  I was able to build a 6x6 wooden hut,  tame some starter Dinos,  and gather resources. 

I did all this while chatting with a very friendly server in global. I wasn't wiped once by any alpha players. While I was on, a raid took place. It was an online raid. The person who was getting raided asked for help and 2 people stepping in and stopped it. 

I have to say,  this is exactly how my last official experience went. Very positive. I can also say,  if I wake up tomorrow and my base is gone. I will not quit the game. 

Current status of game: not dead lol

I appreciate your survivor attitude, the game needs more like you. 

5 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

and what would you do if you have spent the last 3 months building a base and it got wiped and all your dinos killed ?
One day or one week is not a big deal, when you grind for months then that is where the salt begins.

7 minutes ago, Trikky said:

and what would you do if you have spent the last 3 months building a base and it got wiped and all your dinos killed ?
One day or one week is not a big deal, when you grind for months then that is where the salt begins.

It has happened to me in the past. Last time it happened,  i took a break from officials. Mainly because I had other things going on in my schedule that prevented me from adequately defending my base. Before that, i looked at what my weaknesses were,  adjusted, and built up again. 

I didn't leave with a sour attitude because for me, I always expected that would be a likely outcome. When I play pvp,  I don't build to be an alpha. (I'm a solo player) I build smaller bases loaded with defenses and I have a lot of fun doing it. I win some battles,  lose a lot more. However,  nothing beats the feeling of successfully repelling a raid! 

The point of my post,  was to show that new players aren't going to spawn and immediately be Wyvern bait,  giga bait,  etc. That's the vibe I get from a lot of the posts recently.  

5 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

The point of my post,  was to show that new players aren't going to spawn and immediately be Wyvern bait,  giga bait,  etc. That's the vibe I get from a lot of the posts recently.

Completely agreed.
But that's the whole point, they wont be bait immediately, it will be after they have put 3 to 6 months worth of work into their base.
That's the biggest problem with Ark, it is not like a lot of other PvP games where you can build up rather quick, the grind is real and so is the salt when you lose it all in 1 day.
If the devs want to increase PvP then all the power to them as long as they reduce the grind to build back up again and perhaps allow new players protection to achieve it.

9 minutes ago, Trikky said:

Completely agreed.
But that's the whole point, they wont be bait immediately, it will be after they have put 3 to 6 months worth of work into their base.
That's the biggest problem with Ark, it is not like a lot of other PvP games where you can build up rather quick, the grind is real and so is the salt when you lose it all in 1 day.
If the devs want to increase PvP then all the power to them as long as they reduce the grind to build back up again and perhaps allow new players protection to achieve it.

I get that. However, I would argue that after 3 to 6 months of playing on a server... You aren't technically considered a new player. Show me any video of a raid,  and i can probably find a way that it could have been prevented. Now hindsight is 20/20..thats why you rebuild. 

I understand all the concerns people have had recently. I truly believe they are playing the wrong game type. Pve is a great option for people who want huge bases with lots of Dinos. 

Most people's argument to that is that PVe is boring. To which I usually suggest hunting down a good dedicated with pvp that has rules in place. Then they complain that those aren't reliable (Mine has been around a long time,  and my pc on I used to play on 9 months ago is still running.) It's just gonna be impossible to please everyone,  but Wildcard has options in place for everyone. People just refuse to even try them sometimes. (your example of reducing the grind already has happened. Extinction servers and dedicateds both accomplish that. One official, one not) 

15 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

I understand all the concerns people have had recently. I truly believe they are playing the wrong game type. Pve is a great option for people who want huge bases with lots of Dinos. 

Again, completely agreed.
But would you want to move and start over when you have been on the same server for over a year and a half and then WC decided to change the PvP rules on you ?
When you got wiped you left official, and my guess is that was because you did not want to get wiped that badly again.
Our bases are very well defended, we have fought off every attack attempt since we started, including those from SE. But, unlike your misguided belief, every base and tribe is wipeable, there are enough tricks in this game that no amount of defense can protect your base from a smart and determined attacker. And the attacker doesn't even need to have a lot of manpower or resources to do it, the legal exploits and glitches in this game are more than enough to overcome a lot of defenses.
And that is another point, if you are going to increase the PvP levels then the devs should make sure they correct the existing exploits / glitches / hacks first.
 WC worries  more about adding content instead of making the game more playable. The has been a lot of new content and dinos added to this game, but I really think it was actually more playable / enjoyable a year ago.

1 minute ago, Trikky said:

Again, completely agreed.
But would you want to move and start over when you have been on the same server for over a year and a half and then WC decided to change the PvP rules on you.
Our bases are very well defended, we have fought off every attack attempt since we started, including those from SE. But, unlike your misguided belief, every base and tribe is wipeable, there are enough tricks in this game that no amount of defense can protect your base from a smart and determined attacker. And the attacker doesn't even need to have a lot of manpower or resources to do it, the legal exploits and glitches in this game are more than enough to overcome a lot of defenses.
And that is another point, if you are going to increase the PvP levels then the devs should make sure they correct the existing exploits / glitches / hacks first.

I'm with you on the exploits, which is why it is so important that when they happen they get reported correctly. 

I've never personally had anyone use anything like that to raid me that I know of,  so I can't speak to that. 

I agree the devs need to continue to tweak and change the system until they find that perfect balance,  and I believe that is what they are trying to do. Unfortunately for us,  we are the test subjects. (willfully,  I might add) 

I feel we may be getting off topic a tad though. In regards to the first 24 hours of the change...I see no negative difference and am willing to give it more time. 

1 hour ago, Trikky said:

I don't get why people are saying its hard for new players because of transfer... the only time it isn't unfair is when they have new servers released. Joining servers with large tribes that eat noobs is nothing new to ARK so I don't think its a huge difference :/ 

2 hours ago, Rancor said:

I don't get why people are saying its hard for new players because of transfer... the only time it isn't unfair is when they have new servers released. Joining servers with large tribes that eat noobs is nothing new to ARK so I don't think its a huge difference

Very big difference. Si i will explain it to you. In many instances, if you are a new tribe and you join the server, you feel that server out, you ask people in global how the server is. Now that is gone out the window, there are no good server,s because not only do you have to worry about overbearing alphas and raiders / griefers form that specific server you have to worry about, and possibly attacked by, griefers / raiders from across the entire official server network. So the chances of being raided or griefed has gone up by 100x.

I don't get why people are saying its hard for new players because of transfer... the only time it isn't unfair is when they have new servers released. Joining servers with large tribes that eat noobs is nothing new to ARK so I don't think its a huge difference :/ 

You don't get it? well that's plain to see isn't it.

Go through your posts and you are pro every single thing WC has done. All you are doing AGAIN is diverting attention away from a major game breaking issue that will prevent all but the largest alpha tribes from enjoying the official game.

Just registered to share my Story. Started with Ark a few months ago, put 300 Hours into it. We had a friendly server, so we put on some defense, but not that crazy amount. we were still on the edge of metal, so we were vunerable. Only 3 Hours after the patch a russian clan came and wiped us out. Destroyed everything, killed all tames. We basicly are at zero again but what is the point of rebuilding when anytime someone can enter you server and destroy everything? So yeah, its pve for us. PvP on a single server was interesting, because people needed to think - if i raid someone, i will maybe get the revenge and loose my stuff, too. So it was a good amount of diplomacy. Now? Yeah, screw that, go on a random server and bash some noobs.

Great Patch...

1 minute ago, Phex said:

Just registered to share my Story. Started with Ark a few months ago, put 300 Hours into it. We had a friendly server, so we put on some defense, but not that crazy amount. we were still on the edge of metal, so we were vunerable. Only 3 Hours after the patch a russian clan came and wiped us out. Destroyed everything, killed all tames. We basicly are at zero again but what is the point of rebuilding when anytime someone can enter you server and destroy everything? So yeah, its pve for us. PvP on a single server was interesting, because people needed to think - if i raid someone, i will maybe get the revenge and loose my stuff, too. So it was a good amount of diplomacy. Now? Yeah, screw that, go on a random server and bash some noobs.

Great Patch...

Bloody fantastic as a new player to just have someone jump server and wipe out every foundation/gate/dino you have.

It's unfair for established players on the island map because players on center map have access to more resources and more/better dino spawns like the giga spawn rates. Also they have been on difficulty lvl 5 from day one where the island and scorch map have only just been given lvl 5 making all previous items and dinos tamed obsolete. I think the developers should come up with a different solution because this change is just going to make a lot of people upset and maybe next time give us a heads up before you drop such a major game changing nuke on us all. 

Actually it can STOP Alpha tribes from there long standing and continued abuse of servers and causing players to have to start at level 1 again on another server from being bullied, tax'd, and harassed like many players have experienced and complained about since the start. On going months of complaints about being literal slaves on servers if they wanted to play on the one they had a decent level character on.  Have you not heard about any of that?

CrossArk servers gives so much freedom to players. They don't like a server they can up and leave and take less loses then being forced to stay in a hostile server or a server that all the base spots they want are taken. 

Players can trade with friends from other servers, visit and help each other, or just become a server nomad wandering through.

Chinese servers can now take damage from outside players with less effort then before. Players don't have to start from scratch and stay hidden long enough to do something they only need to be able to gain access to a drop. Other tribes can "Zerg" chinese/or Tyrant Alpha servers and take it back with less issues then previously had.

Also I don't think a handful of super tribes can control 100's of Official servers... and if they can well they deserve them. 

Side Note: I don't always like what WC does.

Still not a huge fan of Giga's and how OP they were. Was very happy for the nerf.

Removing of turrets on Quetzals was nice but definitely think some form of turret even if only a limited number should be allowed on things like brontos and paracers so they can be used as mobile bases with out dying to wilds.

As much as I took advantage of the one way S.E. transfers to seek "justice" on an old Alpha tribe I did feel it was a bit cheaty. On reddit I do mention it is possible to attack back on S.E. but before transfer you would have to take your character over and build from scratch. Do able but a much more pain in the rear. 

While I do agree with some, and disagree with some I always learn to adapt. Adaptation is key to survival. 

43 minutes ago, Rancor said:

Actually it can STOP Alpha tribes from there long standing and continued abuse of servers and causing players to have to start at level 1 again on another server from being bullied, tax'd, and harassed like many players have experienced and complained about since the start. On going months of complaints about being literal slaves on servers if they wanted to play on the one they had a decent level character on.  Have you not heard about any of that?

CrossArk servers gives so much freedom to players. They don't like a server they can up and leave and take less loses then being forced to stay in a hostile server or a server that all the base spots they want are taken. 

Players can trade with friends from other servers, visit and help each other, or just become a server nomad wandering through.

Chinese servers can now take damage from outside players with less effort then before. Players don't have to start from scratch and stay hidden long enough to do something they only need to be able to gain access to a drop. Other tribes can "Zerg" chinese/or Tyrant Alpha servers and take it back with less issues then previously had.

Also I don't think a handful of super tribes can control 100's of Official servers... and if they can well they deserve them. 

Side Note: I don't always like what WC does.

Still not a huge fan of Giga's and how OP they were. Was very happy for the nerf.

Removing of turrets on Quetzals was nice but definitely think some form of turret even if only a limited number should be allowed on things like brontos and paracers so they can be used as mobile bases with out dying to wilds.

As much as I took advantage of the one way S.E. transfers to seek "justice" on an old Alpha tribe I did feel it was a bit cheaty. On reddit I do mention it is possible to attack back on S.E. but before transfer you would have to take your character over and build from scratch. Do able but a much more pain in the rear. 

While I do agree with some, and disagree with some I always learn to adapt. Adaptation is key to survival. 

Very well said,  completely agree ? 

• Volunteer Moderator

I've removed all the stupid posts that had were just pissing contests and in no way related to the topic at hand, but am not issuing points as I feel it is a failure on our part to not have been able to nip it in the bud.The next person to blogpost about how much they're overcompensating for their insecurities gets a free trip to the jingle jail.

We've only just started playing again after a break (we got wiped on SE by the streaming Asian tribes with massive numbers). That was Primitive Mode on The Island & Scorched Earth. We had yet to play Vanilla so we started again and are playing on The Center. It's been an interesting change with metal and all the engrams we didn't have before.

With that all said, with a few hundred hours under our belts (as a duo) we've picked it all up pretty quickly and are doing fine. Our server has/had two quite large Asian alpha tribes. They went head to head and one lost out. Since the patch there has been a lot of talk of new incoming Asian players but I'm yet to see it myself. Tribes have been leaving the second they have the chance and taking all their dinos with them. At this point I'm just waiting to see what the real story is.

I think that you're going to have three different things happening here:

a) People who are bored of their server, maybe due to an annoying alpha tribe, moving servers with what goods & dinos they have left (but keeping their character level)

b) Tribes that are out for a bit of PvP fun, transferring in numbers and using their high level dinos to wreak havoc (nothing wrong there)

c) Players getting pushed out of their server by the travelling tribes looking for PvP fun

So whilst you will have people leaving due to transferring tribes you'll also have incoming players from other servers. The worrying factor is that you can't build yourself up overnight in ARK, it takes time to get established with dinos, That becomes a problem when people are server hopping every few days. Hopefully those tribes start to bite off more than they can chew and hit a brick wall at some point. The other part comes from them not being able to defend their own bases on their 'home' server, so they can also chop their own legs off.

TLDR: Lots of hot air from people freaking out but haven't figured out whether it's true yet or not.

HAHAHAHAHA, Funniest thing I have read in a while.

So your solution for alpha tribes abusing other tribes is to have raiders, griefers and alpha tribes from other servers across the whole official network abuse them ? Because I have not seen any white knights transferring in. Only players that are transferring are refugees from wiped servers and raiders / griefers hell bent on causing chaos.

On 11/19/2016 at 7:08 PM, Trikky said:

HAHAHAHAHA, Funniest thing I have read in a while.

So your solution for alpha tribes abusing other tribes is to have raiders, griefers and alpha tribes from other servers across the whole official network abuse them ? Because I have not seen any white knights transferring in. Only players that are transferring are refugees from wiped servers and raiders / griefers hell bent on causing chaos.

I just used S.E. transfer to wipe the old Alpha tribe off my first server and now the population is already climbing! So it's definitely possible.

Now players can seek help no matter what side of the battle they are on from friends and allies across ALL Arks. With everyone battling those Alphas trying to wipe all the servers are going to suffer loses at the hands of the Alpha tribe on the servers they invade. Eventually they would have to go back to farming and taming to stay on top instead of just sitting in metal boxes all day and strolling the Giga to eat thatch. I feel that over time it will help balance power since one tribe can not control all the servers. 

If you play PvP you have to expect to be attacked by someone as there are always bigger fish in the see, and anyone that plays at least a week knows about the trolls but thats going to be an issue no matter what. This is the internet after all. 

Edit: Refugees could make new tribe members or alliances to boost the servers they flee too... you know if you want to work together to protect your server. 

Archived