STRUCTURE BUILD LIMIT QUESTIONS

madfretter

I've hit the structure build limit on the last foundation on both my dino pen and my base. SO bascially I can't build on one foundation, not too bad. But, I'm trying to place a few more items in my pen and one of them needs to be in the cap spot.  I removed about 50 items (walls and ceilings) from the side that I need to add items, but I still cannot add one item. I'm trying to add a outlet. I can put one on any spot on the wire except the last foundation location. I can now build on the dead spot on my base, so they items is demolished came off the cap, just not where I need it.

Does anyone know what's going on or  a way to fix it? Thanks,.

14 minutes ago, sal said:

i would be insterrested on how big you build to reach the limit.

I heard that structures on platforms also count if they are close so maybe move them away.

Also if you have plant-x destroy the plants, they count as structures. Then once you build everything else re-plant them.

The problem is my base is built on pillars, 3 high because the ground is so uneven. my base is 20x20, 12 high. My dino pen is 23x22 and 36 walls high. So the pen is the issue, they are about 30 foundations apart. I've got alot of lighting in it, so I could get rid of most of that I guess.

I hadnt heard that about the platforms..ty. I have 2 pacers and 4 quetz in there set up with grills and stuff. I'll move them tonight and post the results. What I don't get is why I wasnt able to add one item after demolishing 50 items....

3 hours ago, madfretter said:

The problem is my base is built on pillars, 3 high because the ground is so uneven. my base is 20x20, 12 high. My dino pen is 23x22 and 36 walls high. So the pen is the issue, they are about 30 foundations apart. I've got alot of lighting in it, so I could get rid of most of that I guess.

I hadnt heard that about the platforms..ty. I have 2 pacers and 4 quetz in there set up with grills and stuff. I'll move them tonight and post the results. What I don't get is why I wasnt able to add one item after demolishing 50 items....

The way the structure limit works is based on a radius of 100. So don't think of the structure limit as the maximum number of structures in your base. It is actually location based for where you are trying to place a structure. So for instance, if you base is rectangular, like 200 x 50, then in the center, in the 100 foundation radius, there will be more structures than at the ends.

This means you might build the center area first, then add onto the ends, reaching the structure limit for the center long before you finish the base. You won't realize it until you destroy an item in the center and find you can't replace it. The ends of the base will still not have reached the structure limit when then center of the base could be several hundred over. In this case, removing 50 will not put the center of the base under the structure limit.

Figured this all out making a huge base that hit the structure limit, what a pain!

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

The way the structure limit works is based on a radius of 100. So don't think of the structure limit as the maximum number of structures in your base. It is actually location based for where you are trying to place a structure. So for instance, if you base is rectangular, like 200 x 50, then in the center, in the 100 foundation radius, there will be more structures than at the ends.

This means you might build the center area first, then add onto the ends, reaching the structure limit for the center long before you finish the base. You won't realize it until you destroy an item in the center and find you can't replace it. The ends of the base will still not have reached the structure limit when then center of the base could be several hundred over. In this case, removing 50 will not put the center of the base under the structure limit.

Figured this all out making a huge base that hit the structure limit, what a pain!

Lol, That's what I'm doing right now, base is 99.9% done and I'm stalled due to build limits. Ok, so it's not chunk limit, its a perimeter limit. That still has me confused though. I'm going to try and help you see this as best as I can with words...

If you were looking at my base, the dino pen is on your left, the base is on the right... There is a large space between them, but not 100 foundations.  The right side wall of the pen and the left side wall of the base are the two that I cannot add to, just 1 foundations worth. I was unable to build on either spot so I removed the 50 items from the right side of the pens 2nd floor in hopes of being able to add, but it would not let me... However, I was able to add 15 items on the base wall and possibly more. I'm lost as to why this happened because the base, in that general area is my storage... 250 lockers and 20 vaults...From what you are saying, my two buildings and the space in between at 100 foundations together. So I would think that removing any item would allow me to build another in a different spot. Also, I am the only person built in this area. So frustrating.

I have a fix for this, but I am afraid to do it in the event I cannot place an item. Since its an item count I was going to knock down alot of walls and replace them with behemoth gates. the gate opening is 72 walls, so I'd be exhanging 72 items for 2. If I did this three times on the dino pen it would take alot of off the cap. Not sure what I'm gonig to do.

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

Lol, That's what I'm doing right now, base is 99.9% done and I'm stalled due to build limits. Ok, so it's not chunk limit, its a perimeter limit. That still has me confused though. I'm going to try and help you see this as best as I can with words...

If you were looking at my base, the dino pen is on your left, the base is on the right... There is a large space between them, but not 100 foundations.  The right side wall of the pen and the left side wall of the base are the two that I cannot add to, just 1 foundations worth. I was unable to build on either spot so I removed the 50 items from the right side of the pens 2nd floor in hopes of being able to add, but it would not let me... However, I was able to add 15 items on the base wall and possibly more. I'm lost as to why this happened because the base, in that general area is my storage... 250 lockers and 20 vaults...From what you are saying, my two buildings and the space in between at 100 foundations together. So I would think that removing any item would allow me to build another in a different spot. Also, I am the only person built in this area. So frustrating.

I have a fix for this, but I am afraid to do it in the event I cannot place an item. Since its an item count I was going to knock down alot of walls and replace them with behemoth gates. the gate opening is 72 walls, so I'd be exhanging 72 items for 2. If I did this three times on the dino pen it would take alot of off the cap. Not sure what I'm gonig to do.

I don't know what else to tell you. I've explained what I saw to be the problem with the huge base I was working on. Also information that I found in various hard to find spots (wouldn't be able to easily locate these now).

The key for me was that it is not the size of the base, but the number of structures built around the area that is hitting the build limit. I don't know exactly how lockers and vaults are counted, but I would think as 1 for each, but possibly not.

Your idea of replacing some walls with gates would reduce the structure count, but hard to say if it would be enough. Just keep in mind you can't stack gates and don't place gates on fence foundation or else you will run into a whole different problem :)

12 hours ago, wildbill said:

I don't know what else to tell you. I've explained what I saw to be the problem with the huge base I was working on. Also information that I found in various hard to find spots (wouldn't be able to easily locate these now).

The key for me was that it is not the size of the base, but the number of structures built around the area that is hitting the build limit. I don't know exactly how lockers and vaults are counted, but I would think as 1 for each, but possibly not.

Your idea of replacing some walls with gates would reduce the structure count, but hard to say if it would be enough. Just keep in mind you can't stack gates and don't place gates on fence foundation or else you will run into a whole different problem :)

I just build a ceiling above the first gate and place another gate...looks ugly, but it works.. I didnt get to try any of it though, last night was a DC fest on my server and I couldnt play for more than 10 minutes without getting kicked.

On 11/18/2016 at 4:57 AM, wildbill said:

how do you get this info? is it reliable?

Archived