Favorite "unpopular" dino ?

DECAYIST

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pachyrhinosaurus. Honestly I've never even seen or heard of anyone else who uses them, but I think they're great, especially if you're doing a passive tame the calming pheromone is invaluable. The only thing I don't like about them is that it seems impossible for me to find a high level one, let alone a breeding pair xD

To be honest, the ability to wield weapons from the back of mounts has caused me to have a great time using lots of tames that I probably wouldn't. For example I have a female deer that I've pumped a few points into speed and everything else into health, and she's a tank, so I run around on her piking things! Great fun, and I never would have touched her otherwise.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm gonna deflect the weird aggro and bring it back around to the topic ;P I have a couple favorite underrated dinos! When I first started playing Ark back before it had half the animals it does now, I was obsessed with dilos - I must have had 50 of them. Useless little buggers, but they were cute and I refused to get rid of them. I tamed all of the most colorful ones, regardless of what I was doing at the time. My tribe mates just had to see me coming with a dilo and I got a chorus of "oh my god." hahaha
I also like Thylacoleos [although I don't think they're as "underrated"] and allos are my favorite theropods. :)

13 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Raptor. I've always had a soft-spot for them. They may be crap mounts, but I still love 'em. Can't wait till they get a new model since this one is lacking.

I'm getting really fond of the Equus too. I think that's pretty underrated maybe?

I love the Equus, so much fun to ride around SE and lasso stuff. Raptors are cool, just wish they had better weight.

Archived