Favorite "unpopular" dino ?

DECAYIST

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay I get to be the first weird one.

My favourite underated creature? It would be either the procoptodon (they really need a kick attack) or the diplodocus. 

Why? Who doesn't love the dopey way the diplo plods about and pushes you around. The Procoptodon renders people temporarily deaf, which makes defending against a raid harder to coordinate, plus who doesn't like bouncing along on a massive kangaroo.

there is a bug with the sound of the procoptodon landing after doing a big jump. It is stupidly loud and I have found myself with my ears ringing slightly from it. I'm not sure if the bug is still around, haven't ridden a procop in awhile, cant find any to tame. Then agsin finding requires searching and searching requires leaving the base.

Doed's. Once you have an Anky and a Quetz, they kinda become redundant. But our Doed named Alf II will forever be a beloved member of our tribe.

A totem in memory of Alf the first. Our tribes first utility tame when we first started our journey as newbs.

Our Alf had been with us since the beginning. Tamed at level 8 with mejoberries and narcoberries, we had to beg another tribe to make us a saddle. It survived multiple raids and wipes by alphas. We quit playing for a few months, come back and Alf was still there. Fighting a raptor.

It wasn't until we got raided again that Alf ended up on the bottom of the ocean.

Good Night sweet prince.

Just now, ElCobrito said:

Bears are real beasts that almost everybody seem to ignore.

Really? I thought people now know that it is one of the best creatures to have. I breed them for succeeding in the ice cave btw. Tried it months ago and failed, but now we get better saddles for them and it shouldn't be that hard again. :)

4 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Really? I thought people now know that it is one of the best creatures to have. I breed them for succeeding in the ice cave btw. Tried it months ago and failed, but now we get better saddles for them and it shouldn't be that hard again. :)

On my server I've never met someone riding one. It looks like people tame them but doesn't ride them.

17 minutes ago, ElCobrito said:

On my server I've never met someone riding one. It looks like people tame them but doesn't ride them.

I tamed one awhile back and only recently really started using him. I was stuck on the mentality of having to use a Rex or Spino as my meat gatherer. I tried it using the bear and dang.... that's fun! Sure, you don't quite get the efficiency of the big boys, but the speed and manueverability getting around on the bear makes up for it in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Cymas said:

Although they seem surprisingly popular, I'm still gonna go with allosaurs. They're ridiculously fast, handle terrain like a spino and are just big enough that nothing messes with them except the things that already aggro everything else anyway. I can't wait to get my pack bred up and out into the field.

They are really cool looking too, plus I believe you get the pack leader bonus if you have 3+ of them. I am interested in breeding them and went to pick up a 145 I spotted last night to get started and was surprised my quetz couldn't pick him up!

Yep, you do indeed get the pack bonus and when riding the alpha, can roar. I have 4 of them right now; got some awesome colors going, just need to find some stats to work in. Sadly allos are elusive and I have yet to see a single 130+ that I need for my project.

I hate taming them, truth be told. You can't pick them up, their ADD is worse than any spino, and watch out when you do finally get their attention, as the pack can be relentless if you don't manage to separate them first. That bleed effect is nasty.

Archived