Solo Wyvern Milk?

Astroneer

I had some really good luck on some Wyvern eggs yesterday and I wanted to hatch them, problem is, I don't have anyone to help me tranquilize a female Wyvern.

I've seen people make cages for them, placing a behemoth gate in front to lure the Wyvern in, but I don't have anything planned. Any ideas?

A cheap trap would be preferable, wood is hard enough to acquire as it is.

you could try taming a high hp mantis and equip clubs

i was lucky enough to find ascedent clubs so now i just lure one out with an argy, bring it to a small metal base, place argy inside, pull mantis out, and go ham

have not died yet and works really well, if anything avoid lightening and be careful of player hp against a poison and mantis hp from fire.

If you check Partiallyroyal on youtube, you'll see an extremely easy, but resource-intensive, method: autoturrets. Place a bunch of them on a metal structure and get a fast Argentavis (200% movement speed to be safe). Then find an alpha wyvern, aggro it, and flee to the turrets. With enough turrets, even the alpha will die ridiculously fast, and alphas have a lot of milk on their dead bodies.

Thanks all. Ultimately I built a 6x6 surrounded by pillars on three sides and a behemoth gate at the front. I topped it with some ceilings and I leveled an Argentavis to 220% movement speed. This worked 66% of the time, based on three trials. I had enough time to close the gate after the Wyvern entered the trap.

There is two way i have seen it done on videos. One is get your speed up. Pull a Wyvern to a some what safe place. Jump off your bird get away from it. As the Wyvern come at you run at it and dodge it attack and then turn and shoot it a few times. then do it again till it down. Wyvern have a slow turn so you can keep under there attack. Now I have not tried this. it is crazy bad if you mess up. 

But here is a cage made of stone I have seen that I think i am going to make. It maybe a lot of work to make but I think it the best one I have seen. And stone will stop them.

4 hours ago, Bloodshok said:

Really hope the devs fix single player in this game eventually.  Right now its kind of a joke.

I see it as more challenging. I figure out ways to solo and do what other "gamers" require more players to accomplish. Just being creative and think outside the box. 

The open world game is created and the player must figure out how to accomplish their goal; even if the player is alone. Want the Devs to limit the game and make Ark another closed world linear game? There will be NO support here. 

7 minutes ago, Nowtarfu said:

I see it as more challenging. I figure out ways to solo and do what other "gamers" require more players to accomplish. Just being creative and think outside the box. 

The open world game is created and the player must figure out how to accomplish their goal; even if the player is alone. Want the Devs to limit the game and make Ark another closed world linear game? There will be NO support here. 

Yep +1. 100% take the challenge. I think to often people want it to easy. What the fun in that? I also do not think it wrong to ask for some pointers. But you got to know some times there no easy way to do it but the hard way. 

14 hours ago, kortniechan said:

A metal cage is realy your only option. Seeing they will flee like other dinos when near passing out. Ark is ment to be played as coop experiance. Without another person to shoot wile you fly your stuck using enginuity

Forcing people to play the game a very specific way is one of the biggest things that absolutely destroyed WoW. Look at how controlling and manipulative those devs are, and then look at where it's  gotten them. Forcing people to play the game a specific way destroys player choice in a game that is supposed to be all about player choice and the freedom to do whatever you want. Any game that does this will fail and deserves to fail. Saying "we want people to play as a group" is ok, but forcing people into it with heavy handed design choices is absolutely not.

I am in a tribe and yes we do things together but because of time zones and work schedules I'm often playing solo. I have yet to find a challenge in this game that I can not overcome solo other than possibly the bosses. It simply takes more time to accomplish the same task. Using the game mechanics getting this stuck etc. are all part of playing solo. If you sit and think you can come up with a solution to most of your problems.  

I plan on building a cage after work today to capture and milk wyverns solo.  I'm planning on using stone but am curious if i should go with metal.  I'd like to catch and kill alphas in it too and they can probably destroy stone just like all other alphas.  Can they fit through behemoth gates though?  Anyone on here try that yet?  I'd hate to harvest all of that metal and have it be wasted.

On 9/18/2016 at 3:10 AM, Igloo said:

Forcing people to play the game a very specific way is one of the biggest things that absolutely destroyed WoW. Look at how controlling and manipulative those devs are, and then look at where it's  gotten them. Forcing people to play the game a specific way destroys player choice in a game that is supposed to be all about player choice and the freedom to do whatever you want. Any game that does this will fail and deserves to fail. Saying "we want people to play as a group" is ok, but forcing people into it with heavy handed design choices is absolutely not.

I do not agree about this point and Ark. You are right some games like WoW make it so at high level you have to have a group set up to do a lot of the high level stuff. But Ark lets you think out side the box. there are 3 to 4 way i have seen to get Wyven milk solo. I post a few here. I am working out a few on my own. I for one find taking up the challenge as half the fun. Maybe it my age. I am coming up on 49 years old. And I am sick of some of the games today. But I have found ark to be a lot of fun. there are many way to try to do things. Back solo island I tried to tame a quetzal by flying a scorpion close to get it to attack. And you know it did not work well at all. but I had fun trying. One of my friends tried a grappling hook to the quetzal. We never found his body. But he had fun. It is a game and it to be played for fun. I think people have forgot that is the point of a game. 

6 hours ago, vonholtz said:

I do not agree about this point and Ark. You are right some games like WoW make it so at high level you have to have a group set up to do a lot of the high level stuff. But Ark lets you think out side the box. there are 3 to 4 way i have seen to get Wyven milk solo. I post a few here. I am working out a few on my own. I for one find taking up the challenge as half the fun. Maybe it my age. I am coming up on 49 years old. And I am sick of some of the games today. But I have found ark to be a lot of fun. there are many way to try to do things. Back solo island I tried to tame a quetzal by flying a scorpion close to get it to attack. And you know it did not work well at all. but I had fun trying. One of my friends tried a grappling hook to the quetzal. We never found his body. But he had fun. It is a game and it to be played for fun. I think people have forgot that is the point of a game. 

Yes i agree with you Vonholtz, Ark is very good game and give players a much flexibility how to do things and same time offers good fun. We have done many many fun events and have tried different ways how to best trap or tame the loved dinos. Thats true that before you have the success you will fail many many times. Still i remember that day  when i helped one new server player knock down the 120 lvl quetzal. Aprox we spent 1 hour to knock it down, we were so happy that we did forgot to force feed the narcos and suddenly when we were busy building the pike wall protection we noticed that quetz waked  and flied away. :). Ark is very good and fun in begin stage when you have to build you youself but in the end its getting boring .. mostly you focused finding so called perfect dinos and spent time to build better base. I would like to bring back that situation even you have OP dino you will never know will you ever return back safely if you enter into wild forest. I would like to see more powerful Alpha dinos and you have to focus more to team work to defeat it. This new DLC suprized me at the begin, i was so happy that we have to deal with weather, storms, water,hot issues to survive and now i would like to see more challenges, like weather changes should harm our dinos as well. Lets say if a your tamed dino is outside of sand storm for long time it might run away or even get killed etc.  Sorry, the English is not my primary lang and i hope you getting my point what i would like to see more in game. 

Archived