ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2016 at 3:12 PM, GamerPerfection said:

Would you be able to put a setting in, maybe in the INI, so that I can disable the flee mechanic completely for tamed dinos? So that I can have "fight to the death" scenarios?

I would like to see this as well as a command for my passive dinos to flee when being attacked. But I'd prefer it not to be just in INI because I want this for official servers.

I was just wondering if you guys were planning to add any more air transport that doesn't require a dino or animal, maybe a hang glider, which has a faster speed then a parachute, but has a durability for when you crash, maybe an aeroplane (with the tek tier) that you can build and have multiple people in it at the same time, I understand that it would probably be hard to do, but suggesting stuff is what the digests are for! ;-)

I'd like to know, would it even be possible to convert official primitive servers over to primitive plus once it is released?

I know theres who would not want it so another thought would be to have some form of voting system similar to how Gmod games on steam are designed. Maybe 8 times a day a message will poo up asking if you would like the server to upgrade to plus and every character online will have a vote. Or maybe every player even offline, they just vote when they come back online. Then you guys monitor and tally, decide if it's with converting it or if it well just cause problems.

This voting system would be great outside of this particular example in my opinion

Are there any plans to make a toggleable option (ini or otherwise) to make taming gigas and Titanos a little easier for solo players? Understandably the difficulty and complexity of the process should be high in multiplayer, but are there any plans to add an option to scale the difficulty of the process down a bit for solo? As everyone knows that it is almost impossible for solo players to achieve either of these two tames without the aid of commands

Can we get an admin command to control weather?

On top of that idea, how about a craftable item to control the weather that would have cooldowns or cost resources to activate? Could be an interesting element to pvp specifically using weather warfare for visibility or temperature if they aren't prepared.

How about natural disasters such as tornados or strong windstorms that damage your outer components (only destroyed if it is thatch) and forest fires and whirlpools underwater that hurt you. Active volcanos that erupt lava.

-Carnivores never stop eating.  If Dinos had a chance of maybe 4% of not attacking  immediately or could be full after a meal.

-Would it be possible to carry Archaeopteryx on your Shoulder for a quick Parachute.

-A Kairuku Backpack to String one of those little Buggers on your Back for those cold and lonely Nights on the Mountain.

-I always liked the Idea to build big wooden Totems to Mark my Way on the Island. ( and paint them giggle)

-I know poaching is bad but would it be possible to have more from Pelts/Teeth/Horns for example decoration ( Rhino Rug, Shark-Theeth Arrows,  or Tusk Spears )

3 hours ago, Marksman00048 said:

I'd like to know, would it even be possible to convert official primitive servers over to primitive plus once it is released?

I know theres who would not want it so another thought would be to have some form of voting system similar to how Gmod games on steam are designed. Maybe 8 times a day a message will poo up asking if you would like the server to upgrade to plus and every character online will have a vote. Or maybe every player even offline, they just vote when they come back online. Then you guys monitor and tally, decide if it's with converting it or if it well just cause problems.

This voting system would be great outside of this particular example in my opinion

This will probably not happen. The idea of a voting system is all fine and dandy. 

But Primitive+ is a Total Conversion. So any existing structures (and probably saddles) would be deleted anyways. 

Only things you might keep is your player levels and dinos. 

And aren't the first days of exploring more exciting than having everything at day one? (in relation to player levels)

Edit

I played official for quite a while, in case you were wondering. So yes, I know what grind it is. 

In a previous digest, you stated that you would be exposing the Per Tribe Tame limit for xbox as an ini setting.  Can you confirm that this will be an option on PC as well?  We are fast approaching the tame limit on our private server and would hate to have to split the tribe and loose the ability to work on community projects.

1. Can we get option on PVE servers which enable "carry wild dino"? I understand at program level it require refactoring code or remodel identification units, but it's very useful configuration option at private/dedicated servers.

2. When we have Redwood update at The Center map? Just we have too small spawn direbears. In example at EU-official-server-629 direbear spawns block by pillars :(. We need Redwood area at The Center so much...

3. When i have filtered items and push button "take all" nothing happens. Can we get all filtered items when push "take all", but if filter is emprty or null we get all items.

4. In example i have full refrigerator with 99 berrys in each stuck, and have some berrys (same type) in my inventory, and i had to click shift+leftclick for transfer berrys from my inverntory to refrigerator (can be another storage). May be we can have some new button "fill", when i select berrys in my inv and click "fill", they transfered to refrigerator and fill all stucks? Or change behavior when drag&drop berrys from inv to refrigerator, and they fill all stucks, now they fill only one stuck. Or do something like this only when press "transfer all items" and if destanation storage full, items of same type fill up?

On 18/07/2016 at 7:35 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

Hi Team!!

Is there any plans in the future to change the roars of certain Dinos? The Gigantosaurus springs to mind!! Very underwhelming!

The change to auto turrets on Quetzals is a welcome one! However the change has seemingly diminished the role of the Battle Bronto/Paracer... can this change be reversed on Land animals/Sea animals so they feel useful once again?

Thanks for your hard work!!

The game seems to be very unbalanced, join any server and you will be bullied by the the alpha tribe, you can't build here you can't mine there and you can't tame that either. Do you ever plan on tackling this issue? Perhaps each server will have a 2 month reset or maybe playtime cooldown?? These seem like pretty bad ideas but believe me when I say it's not fun playing on a server for a week only to find out you are pretty much restricted to everything.

Hey

Will you ever add PVP zones in PVE servers? I really think this would keep them interesting and also give people a place to settle disputes.

You can place something in them to make it rewarding to enter - but maybe not something which is only obtainable by entering the zones.

I have tried to go into PVP servers and as Im new to the game its hard to get started without being wiped - but I do enjoy a bit of multiplayer rivalry.

You could even call them ..... (d)ARK Zones!

Thanks, Chris.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived