General Question on How Loot Crates Work

how do loot crate wrok .  is the loot inside determed as soon as the crate spawn or is it like a idk slot mechean where what could be inside is spining/changing to you tell it to open then it just stop and spawn what ever it was on when you hit open.   been after a tickel chicken the theno sad bp on island for a week and no luck loging in every hour to try again iin the snow cave at the baclk of it at the two red drop location  for a week not leaving the cave and had no luck.. trying to see if there a way to incress my odd of geting it and how the system works

Edited by jurassicjoey
update and new info

Loot in the crate is determined when it spawns. Not sure how knowing this would allow you to increase your odds.

Not sure exactly what creature you are looking for a saddle on because you failed at typing anything out properly. For most of them you can simply unlock the engram and craft them. Also be aware that not all of them are in the loot pool for supply crates. If the one you are looking for does exist in a supply crate, you would need to seek the correct level crate.

• Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jurassicjoey said:

been after a trethno sad bp on island for a week and no luck loging in every hour to try again

You won't find any saddle BPs in the over land drops. Those are in the deep sea crates and in caves.

3 hours ago, jurassicjoey said:

trying to see if there a way to incress my odd of geting it and how the system works

There's nothing you can do to affect the quality of the items inside them. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

with one exception, taming the Liopleurodon will provide you with a Buff that improves the quality of the crates you find, but for a limited time. Use Wiki.gg to check in which type of case (color) the Thery PBs are found (if I understand correctly you are looking for Therezino)

19 hours ago, jurassicjoey said:

how do loot crate wrok .  is the loot inside determed as soon as the crate spawn or is it like a idk slot mechean where what could be inside is spining/changing to you tell it to open then it just stop and spawn what ever it was on when you hit open.   been after a tickel chicken the theno sad bp on island for a week and no luck loging in every hour to try again iin the snow cave at the baclk of it at the two red drop location  for a week not leaving the cave and had no luck.. trying to see if there a way to incress my odd of geting it and how the system works

@jurassicjoey

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Therizinosaurus_Saddle

The Therizinosaurus Saddle is used to ride a 20px-Therizinosaur.png Therizinosaur after you have tamed it. It can be unlocked at level 69 for 40 engram points.

Finding: Therizinosaurus Saddles can be found in high tier cave drops and yellow or higher Orbital Supply Drops.

On the Island the best place to find the saddle is the underwater cave loot crates. Assuming that a Blueprint to premade is ¼ then the chance of finding a blue print by crate quality is: Blue = .78% Yellow = .46% Red = .63%

You need to run the easy under water cave 37 times for a 50% chance for a blueprint and 122 times for a 90% chance.

Each cave spawns 3 crates every 45 minutes

20 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You won't find any saddle BPs in the over land drops. Those are in the deep sea crates and in caves.

I'll have you know that there are plenty of Tapejara, Pulmonoscorpius, and many other saddle BPs in my sand covered storage cupboards calling you a liar JB! :P 

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TonyTempah said:

I'll have you know that there are plenty of Tapejara, Pulmonoscorpius, and many other saddle BPs in my sand covered storage cupboards calling you a liar JB! :P 

I think most of us here are talking about the island. Not a lot of deep sea loot crates on SE. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Again, talking about the Island. Not sure what’s so difficult about that. 

Well in my case it's because I only take note of 20% of what is written because I'm trying to think of the next thing I can say that would be clever.

It is news to be that the Loot contents are defined on creation of the crate and not when it's opened. In other games, the act of opening defines some aspects like the quality of loot.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to General Question on How Loot Crates Work
On 4/17/2024 at 3:12 PM, TonyTempah said:

It is news to be that the Loot contents are defined on creation of the crate and not when it's opened. In other games, the act of opening defines some aspects like the quality of loot.

Well... keep in mind that there are Binocular Mods that can see what the crates contain just by looking at them (without opening them, I don't remember if the TekBinocular Vanilla can do it too), the loot is modified upon opening only if a PG has active the Liopleurodon Buff. Has always been like this even in ASE

Edited by CervantesMor
  • Like 1