Anyone had this happen yet?

I got disconnected whilst flying my argy and upon reloading the server, my bird did NOT want to listen to me.  I whistled, spyglass whistled, attack whistled, relocate whistle- nothing. It was only when I was sat on a ptera that it decided it wanted to follow it.

I did slap the argy earlier during the day for looking at me the wrong way, but still. 

Rebellious bird 🙄

Probally ypur set to a different tame order group, you can change it with numpad Keys.

Make sure it matches the order group of the tame and check if the tame is not on ignore group whistles.

I hope it helps.

Aswell there us a render bug for a couple months now, that dinos only follow from a very short distance even when you see the bird.

To be fair, this already did happen in ASE quite often. I stopped wondering why, just seeking a way to make it work. Going near it with another dino is often a solution but even after regaining control it might wander off a bit when dismounting. Just mounting/dismounting a few times, get it on and off following by whistling or manual, checking tamegroups and eventualy it might get back to normal obedience eventualy.
Or take off towards 50/50...

ARK dino's, almost like real life kids ;)

On 2/24/2024 at 10:54 AM, MissAscended said:

I got disconnected whilst flying my argy and upon reloading the server, my bird did NOT want to listen to me.  I whistled, spyglass whistled, attack whistled, relocate whistle- nothing. It was only when I was sat on a ptera that it decided it wanted to follow it.

I did slap the argy earlier during the day for looking at me the wrong way, but still. 

Rebellious bird 🙄

It's a problem that happens every time the game crashes and you quickly reconnect, it happens more often in the Snow biome especially when you're with Argy.

It resolves automatically after a couple of minutes, if you manage to mount before that moment you have to be careful not to dismount immediately afterwards (he won't listen to the whistles yet) so still wait a couple of minutes before doing anything. It shouldn't move from where you see it in the air if you didn't blow the whistle when you reconnected, but if you command it to stop then keep an eye on it until it unlocks.

Edited by CervantesMor