Waste of Time

phantom64

I love Ark and loved Ark Ascended, but I think I am done.  Release some Mickey Mouse BS.  In this case quite literally.  Wild Card keeps releasing crap instead of actually fixing this broken game.  Lost hours of time crash then a rollback thinking with this last patch it would have been fixed (solo save issue).  Not only have you lost a customer you lost a fan.  Why is Ark losing players I wonder?  So disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

To be fair, I play Ark because I like that game. If I wanted play a side scroller or other type of game, I would just go on and play that, not Ark. 

Saying that, I can see what they're trying to do is simply an extension of what Fortnite has done with UE5 allowing Modders to do pretty much any type of game they want. Really, it's pretty much all baked in the engine. 

Will it negatively affect the game? I doubt it as at the end of the day Mods are side content made by individuals, not the studio. Just because they produced a small Demo doesn't somehow mean they messed with development. 

How much this takes off will depend on people making Mods and how popular these become and you never know...someone could produce quite a Gem like...Counterstrike.

I conclusion, I just don't see reasons for the drama and fear over this specific aspect of ASA.

• Like 2

I don't fear the mods I love mods.  What I fear and see is very little progress in fixing poor game performance at least what I see on the Xbox side.  I see patch after patch for PC, but little progress on console side of things.  PC is not an option for me so out of luck there.  I will keep hoping this will improve but dont have much faith from what I am seeing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 4:44 AM, phantom64 said:

I love Ark and loved Ark Ascended, but I think I am done.  Release some Mickey Mouse BS.  In this case quite literally.  Wild Card keeps releasing crap instead of actually fixing this broken game.  Lost hours of time crash then a rollback thinking with this last patch it would have been fixed (solo save issue).  Not only have you lost a customer you lost a fan.  Why is Ark losing players I wonder?  So disappointing.

Buy a Private Server. All fixed.