Breeding

Hello I'm back with another question.  So I know that dinos go into a stasis when off the server. I just want to know if this can be turned off. I'm on a server but the breeding is like every 30 minutes for some dinos and I can't keep my Xbox on for 12 hours every day to try breeding. this is  really an inconvenience as the Hatchery for the ark ascended doesn't keep the dinos breeding like I thought it would. I'm also noticing that you don't get any unfertilized eggs either. If I have a computer that can run ark ascended I would of course just leave my computer on. Please help as I'm trying to have fun on a game but can't because of the stupid stuff like this 

Edited by cjstillwell
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

Hello I'm back with another question.  So I know that dinos go into a stasis when off the server. I just want to know if this can be turned off. I'm on a server but the breeding is like every 30 minutes for some dinos and I can't keep my Xbox on for 12 hours every day to try breeding. this is  really an inconvenience as the Hatchery for the ark ascended doesn't keep the dinos breeding like I thought it would. I'm also noticing that you don't get any unfertilized eggs either. If I have a computer that can run ark ascended I would of course just leave my computer on. Please help as I'm trying to have fun on a game but can't because of the stupid stuff like this 

You're saying "server", but from your description it sounds like you're playing single-player. In order to give you a better answer can you clarify this, what mode are you playing? Are you on an official server, a non-dedicated server, single-player or...?

• Like 1

I play on in unofficial server my friend made a server through nitrado and it come up as an unofficial server. We have everything set to the right settings meaning that the egg laying multiplier is set to 0.5 but by the time I got off I had five yuty egg I had an oviraptor out. I then got off meaning I exit the game and turned my Xbox off but when I got on the next day I still had 5 unfertilized yuty eggs which you need to use to make certain kibble. I was reading that the Hatchery helps with egg laying but I left my dino on breeding I had 2 argentavis out I place the Hatchery. I pick up all the eggs and hatch them so I know if I gotten more when I came back the next day I had one argentavis fertilized egg. It the Hatchery is supposed to help keep dino breeding it doesn't on ark ascended. I'm confused has I thought the whole point of a server was being everything still work when you get offline. Like i know single player you get off and your not breeding anymore but that makes no sense when on a server that always running and never shut down unless to update 

36 minutes ago, cjstillwell said:

I play on in unofficial server my friend made a server through nitrado and it come up as an unofficial server. We have everything set to the right settings meaning that the egg laying multiplier is set to 0.5 but by the time I got off I had five yuty egg I had an oviraptor out. I then got off meaning I exit the game and turned my Xbox off but when I got on the next day I still had 5 unfertilized yuty eggs which you need to use to make certain kibble. I was reading that the Hatchery helps with egg laying but I left my dino on breeding I had 2 argentavis out I place the Hatchery. I pick up all the eggs and hatch them so I know if I gotten more when I came back the next day I had one argentavis fertilized egg. It the Hatchery is supposed to help keep dino breeding it doesn't on ark ascended. I'm confused has I thought the whole point of a server was being everything still work when you get offline. Like i know single player you get off and your not breeding anymore but that makes no sense when on a server that always running and never shut down unless to update 

Thanks for the explanation, that helped, now I can answer your question.

So here's how it works - the egg laying multiplier only applies to fertilized eggs from mating, there is nothing that will cause unfertilized eggs to be laid when no one is logged in to the server.

Some background - the laying of unfertilized eggs is tied directly in pooping, every time a creature is scheduled to poop there is a chance they will lay an unfertilized egg instead, which means that they can only lay eggs when the game allows them to poop. Pooping only happens when creatures are rezzed in, which means it only happens when there is someone logged in to the server and the creature is within range of the player. If no players are nearby then pooping is suspended, and because pooping is suspended this also means laying unfertilized eggs is suspended. If you're logged into the server but you're on a different part of the map, like if you go on an expedition to tame something, the pooping and laying of unfertilized eggs is suspended at your main base because there's no one there to keep the creatures rezzed in.

The creature could be on the other side of a wall, inside a box, on a higher or lower floor, etc., but as long as the creature is within range of the player it is able to poop, and able to lay unfertilized eggs. This is why, for example, if no on has been online for a while and you log in you will see lots of creatures in your base pooping during the couple of minutes after you log in. They've been "waiting" to be rezzed in by a player so they could poop.

Laying unfertilized eggs is somewhat random, and I don't think anyone outside of WildCard knows the formula that calculated laying unfertilized eggs. This means that when you first log it you might have 30 creatures all poop within the first minute or two of you logging in but no eggs, or you might get lucky and have 20 poops and 10 eggs. There's no way to know what you'll find until it happens.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be someone in your tribe. If any player on the server gets close enough to your base that they cause it to rez in as they travel past, then the dinos that get rezzed in by that player can poop or lay eggs. If you were on a server that had a lot of people logging in all the time and moving around a lot then you would find eggs waiting for you in your base when you log in. But if you're on a server with only a few people then you're only going to get more unfertilized eggs when someone from your group is logged in.

To make things better for you there are two good options and one mediocre option.

1) Find a mod that will automatically collect unfertilized eggs. There are multiple mods that include an egg collector for unfertilized eggs.

2) Make sure everyone in the group understands how the game works and them make sure they all understand that everyone needs to take responsibility for collecting unfertilized eggs. If most of your tribe ignores unfertilized eggs and sticks you with the responsibility for collecting them, you're almost always going to be short on eggs/kibble.

3) Build a chair and stay logged in, sitting on the chair, even when you're away from your computer. You consume food and water much more slowly when you're sitting in a chair which means your survivor can sit in a chair for a long time, and this allows eggs to be laid in your base when you're away from your computer. I don't remember exactly how long a character can live sitting in a chair, and of course it depends on whether your base experienced a lot of cold or heat problems, but it's a long time. Then again, you can put all of your stuff in a box and just have your survivor sitting in the chair with nothing at all in their inventory so if they die you won't lose anything. Just having someone sitting in a chair, keeping the base and the creatures rezzed in, will give your tribe more poop and a lot more unfertilized eggs.

Hope this helps.

That the thing I'm the only one that get on the server because there's only 4 of us and one  of the xbox  users that play on ark caught fire so the other 2 don't get on especially since they are to busy playing palworld. I think it wired that the poop and eggs are connected lol I forgot and there's no way the owner would speed up the PoopIntervalMultiplier. I'm the only one in the tribe by myself well the other 3 tribe together. I've asked them to atleast check on the stuff.  But they don't even do that 🙄 

50 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Laying unfertilized eggs is somewhat random, and I don't think anyone outside of WildCard knows the formula that calculated laying unfertilized eggs. This means that when you first log it you might have 30 creatures all poop within the first minute or two of you logging in but no eggs, or you might get lucky and have 20 poops and 10 eggs. There's no way to know what you'll find until it happens.

I do not know if this works on ASA also. I didnt have the chance to create a big egg farm yet. But at my ASA official PvE base, I had my egg farm right on the edge of render distance from the center of my base. So every time I would walk around for various reasons in my base, they would get in and out of render distance. I believe this somehow boosted the speed of the eggdroppings.  
Keep in mind that it is probably also so that eggfarms will probably only pile up 6 eggs. After that, they will not lay eggs anymore unless you pick those 6 eggs up.

1 hour ago, cjstillwell said:

was reading that the Hatchery helps with egg laying but I left my dino on breeding I had 2 argentavis out I place the Hatchery. I pick up all the eggs and hatch them so I know if I gotten more when I came back the next day I had one argentavis fertilized egg. It the Hatchery is supposed to help keep dino breeding it doesn't on ark ascended.

+

50 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be someone in your tribe. If any player on the server gets close enough to your base that they cause it to rez in as they travel past, then the dinos that get rezzed in by that player can poop or lay eggs. If you were on a server that had a lot of people logging in all the time and moving around a lot then you would find eggs waiting for you in your base when you log in. But if you're on a server with only a few people then you're only going to get more unfertilized eggs when someone from your group is logged in.

If you have PvE mode on your server, and there are multiple tribes on your server. The tribe that is offline will get OfflineRaidProtection. Creatures in ORP will poop and drop eggs at a significantly slower rate....
So if they would check out your base, there is only a small chance your dinos will poop or drop eggs.

Edited by SunsetErosion

So what I'm getting at is I have to be online 12 hours to get eggs. Because the dino go to sleep when you log off. I can't have a small chance that eggs will drop.  Xbox is really weird about leaving the xbox on for that long. It could overheat and catch fire. I'm trying to find a solution that works. But from all the conversations I'm getting is I have to be online all the time. And another thing I don't understand that you have a egg laying multiplier if it don't work it literally say the higher the number the less egg you get. If it's still apart of the PoopIntervalMultiplier then they need to take this off. You shouldn't have to Lower this and the PoopIntervalMultiplier to get egg. I thought the reason they add this was so you don't have to change the poop multiplier 

Screenshot_20240117_183508_Chrome.jpg

17 minutes ago, cjstillwell said:

So what I'm getting at is I have to be online 12 hours to get eggs. Because the dino go to sleep when you log off. I can't have a small chance that eggs will drop.  Xbox is really weird about leaving the xbox on for that long. It could overheat and catch fire. I'm trying to find a solution that works. But from all the conversations I'm getting is I have to be online all the time. And another thing I don't understand that you have a egg laying multiplier if it don't work it literally say the higher the number the less egg you get. If it's still apart of the PoopIntervalMultiplier then they need to take this off. You shouldn't have to Lower this and the PoopIntervalMultiplier to get egg. I thought the reason they add this was so you don't have to change the poop multiplier 

Screenshot_20240117_183508_Chrome.jpg

Pfew. I have no guarantees, but:

Speed multiplier: The time between dropping the egg on the ground and the popping of a baby. Higher numbers means faster popping.
Lay egg interval: THere will be a cooldown after 2 animals have bred, before they can breed again. Higher numbers means they can breed more often.

15 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

one  of the xbox  users that play on ark caught fire

Hi, if it can reassure you a little, I've had an XBox-S since the first year it came out, every Saturday and Sunday I start playing (or watching YouTube) from early in the morning until late at night (even when I do something else at home, it stays on with music on; I only turn it off if I leave the house but I usually give myself the whole weekend at home); for example yesterday I turned on around 8.30am and went to sleep around 1.00am, without leaving the house, Saturday I went shopping in the morning and started watching YT around 12.00 and then played ARK after lunch until late; I'll just tell you one last thing, ASA arrived on XBox on November 21st and on January 8th I looked at how many hours I had played out of curiosity: over 500 hours (translated into days it's over 21 days), add a few hours of YouTube and... yes my XBox hates the days when I'm on holiday from work 😀 😍 [they took away my little Official-ASE world, I needed to make up for it :@].

Obviously during all these hours I was at home present, I never leave it on if I'm not at home and it has never been used to host a non-dedicated server (which increases stress), so I agree with you in NOT LEAVING IT TURNED ON UNATTENDED WHEN YOU ARE NOT AT HOME ;) But don't even have the phobia ;) Obviously don't take me as an example because I know well that my XBox will break before many others, initially I wanted to buy the XBox-X but it was impossible to find it so I intended to replace it as soon as possible but in the meantime it turned out to be very reliable.. if I told you all this it's only because I felt you were very scared. 

PS: regarding the eggs: if you understood everything that Pipinghot explained to you but you don't want to keep your XBox on constantly, you can simply access the game many times even just 5 minutes so that your animals can be materialized more times a day (if what you need are unfertilized Eggs) and if you are in ASA you just need to have an Oviraptor who will collect them for you (put points into attack to increase the collection distance, even the highest level increases the distance)

21 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

That the thing I'm the only one that get on the server because there's only 4 of us and one  of the xbox  users that play on ark caught fire so the other 2 don't get on especially since they are to busy playing palworld.

I feel your pain, ARK can be frustrating when your tribe mates are not active.

21 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

I've asked them to atleast check on the stuff.  But they don't even do that 🙄 

It sounds like you need to look for a mod that will collect poop and eggs, and then ask the server owner to add that mod to your server.

10 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

And another thing I don't understand that you have a egg laying multiplier if it don't work it literally say the higher the number the less egg you get. If it's still apart of the PoopIntervalMultiplier then they need to take this off. You shouldn't have to Lower this and the PoopIntervalMultiplier to get egg. I thought the reason they add this was so you don't have to change the poop multiplier

All of the egg multipliers only apply to breeding, they are for fertilized eggs only.

The "PoopIntervalMultiplier" is for survivors, not creatures. If you look at the wiki the description says, "Scales how frequently survivors can poop."

We have mods that pick up eggs. We'll the only I want to place I can't because they turn off winter wonderland. But they have others it's just hard because the one I'm using don't Incubate the fertilizer eggs. I found it stupid that I have to be on the server has I also like to play other games. If it's that complicated they need to get rid of server then that the whole point. You have server so you don't have to do things that single player users are having to do this suck so bad because I expected it to be easier to breed on a server. Not that I have to be on all the time. I'm trying to breed to fight the bosses and I don't want to have to but level in because when I do it crashed the server or I didn't know what level to put in lol

Edited by cjstillwell

Umm guy I think i lied lol I come back on after a couple of days because I was playing other games and well I have 7 argentavis eggs that I know wasn't in there. I think the Hatchery works. I'm embarrassed lol if only the Hatchery would pick them up. They have the egg speed to high so the hatch before the Hatchery can pick them up. Still sad that I can't really get unfertilized eggs tho. Even tho it say enhance egg output from nearby dinosaurs. I might have to ask my friend to change the PoopIntervalMultiplier. I'm not sure what use would need to change. 

11 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

Then what applies to eggs laying then. I was told earlier in the conversation that it's connected with the poop. I point out the egg laying multiplier if it's set to 0.5 I could had more the 5 yuty eggs. Unless that's what I have to be on for. I'm so confused 

I already explained this up above:

"the egg laying multiplier only applies to fertilized eggs from mating, there is nothing that will cause unfertilized eggs to be laid when no one is logged in to the server."

There are two different categories and they have different rules.

1) Mating & fertilized eggs

Mating and fertlized eggs can be modified by using the server configuration. Mating and fertilized eggs will happen even if you're offline, these processes are not suspended when players log out.

2) Pooping and unfertilized eggs

Pooping and unfertilized eggs cannot be affected by any server configurations, these processes are what gets suspended when no one is logged in (and if people are logged in they need to keep the creatures rezzed in).

13 hours ago, cjstillwell said:

Then what applies to eggs laying then. I was told earlier in the conversation that it's connected with the poop. I point out the egg laying multiplier if it's set to 0.5 I could had more the 5 yuty eggs. Unless that's what I have to be on for. I'm so confused 

The only thing that might give a boost to creatures' laying of egg/poop speed is, what I sayd before, getting them in and out of render distance, or maybe it will help if you cryo them and release them. Every time they are uncryoed they will drop feces. I am very much unsure this will also have a chance to drop an egg. But it could be...
Both of these methods are very time consuming and probably dont appeal to you.
Maybe try to find a way to lower the cooldown on breeding intervals so significantly, you can just leave them on mating and they will drop eggs continiously. Not sure if possible... Fertilized eggs can serve as normal eggs in almost all circumstances...

Edit: Not sure why I forget the obvious. Oviraptor can boost egg droppings. Maybe also mate-boosted 0.o

Edited by SunsetErosion

6 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

1) Mating & fertilized eggs

Mating and fertlized eggs can be modified by using the server configuration. Mating and fertilized eggs will happen even if you're offline, these processes are not suspended when players log out.

sorry I have an observation here, it is possible to reduce the mating interval (and consequently the frequency of fertilized eggs) but in my experience in Official-ASE I have always noticed that even the mating action only happens if the Dino is rendered , which is why sometimes you log into the server and find many freshly laid fertilized eggs at the same time. The same thing seems to be true for mammals left mating, where the action of mating takes place at the moment they are rendered [[[even here there was a strange thing I had observed that I am still doubtful about: on Fjordur I had found a place where a boy had some pairs of Gacha, as soon as I landed near them I found 2 newborn puppies, I went back there after two days and 3 more puppies again, to test I went there again after three days and all the pairs they had a puppy under them (the timer on his structures indicated that he hadn't connected for 6 days, maybe he only played on weekends), I know well that the Gacha will grow if when they don't eat anything at all but this only works if they remain constantly rendered but it stops working as soon as they enter stasis.]]]

I don't have certain data about it but I have found similar things several times. 

For @cjstillwell OP: as suggested by SunsetErosion, you can lower the mating interval to the minimum and use the fertilized eggs for Kibble but as far as I know you will still have to access the server to have them spawn, you can also force feed them for accelerate the deposition of poop/eggs but without being sure that the egg will come out instead of poop (try first with 100 Stimberries, then with 100 meat)

3 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

For @cjstillwell OP: as suggested by SunsetErosion, you can lower the mating interval to the minimum and use the fertilized eggs for Kibble but as far as I know you will still have to access the server to have them spawn, you can also force feed them for accelerate the deposition of poop/eggs but without being sure that the egg will come out instead of poop (try first with 100 Stimberries, then with 100 meat)

Force feeding and stim feeding only works for Phiomia in my dictionary... So I dont think you can manualy get them to poop faster. Only wild/enemy dinos you can Roar at with a Rex. If they are small and lower level than the Rex the roar will have effect. They will poop because scared. But its not about poop. Somehow I also constantly mix this pooping up with my reasoning. But it doesnt mean anything in this discussion, the OP questions are about eggs...
Anyway its also a method thats will need a lot of prepping etc.

Pooping is not the same as dropping eggs.

3 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

sorry I have an observation here, it is possible to reduce the mating interval (and consequently the frequency of fertilized eggs) but in my experience in Official-ASE I have always noticed that even the mating action only happens if the Dino is rendered , which is why sometimes you log into the server and find many freshly laid fertilized eggs at the same time.

Not sure about it in depth but yes, mainly true. Maybe there is some kind of catch-up system for the server though, like with food in babies in stasis. I mean, Does the server really wait for the breeding to initiate after its cooldown is dropped to 0? How long? Hours? Days? I have logged in a lot of times looking at animals and their CD was reset, but no pregnancy or whatever. Could have been other people there though to render them in ofcourse. Or do "time-outs" nullify that the action took place somehow? Either way, you only have to control and change the males options to manage the breeding sessions.
Also you can also breed with ORPed dinos on PvE, if they have mating enabled...

Edited by SunsetErosion
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

But it doesnt mean anything in this discussion, the OP questions are about eggs...

Yes, I associated Pipinghot's explanation regarding the deposition of eggs which is actually related to defecation (at the moment in which the dino has to poop there is a percentage probability that an egg will come out instead), then it occurred to me mind that when in ASE I flew with my travel TropicalWyrm (several points in Stam) as soon as I stopped and she ate a lot while she recovered all that vigor she often even pooped two or three, so my suggestion to try to force 100 Stimberry first ( they should reduce hunger, tonight I'll do a test on ASA to check) and then force the meat, if it's true that he will poop more then it will also be true that you have more chances for an egg to come out instead.

17 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

sorry I have an observation here, it is possible to reduce the mating interval (and consequently the frequency of fertilized eggs) but in my experience in Official-ASE I have always noticed that even the mating action only happens if the Dino is rendered , which is why sometimes you log into the server and find many freshly laid fertilized eggs at the same time. The same thing seems to be true for mammals left mating, where the action of mating takes place at the moment they are rendered

I agree with you that the eggs & babies don't show up visually until someone logs in or rezzes them in, but the server keeps track of them even when no one is on line. When someone logs on and rezzes in the base, the server rezzes in all of eggs and babies that should be there, and it shows them based on how long they would be laid/alive. So if 1 egg was calculated to be laid 4 hours ago it will be more matured than an egg that was calculated to be laid 1 hour ago. Likewise, a baby that was calculated to be born 4 hours ago will be older (and more starved) than a baby that was calculated to be born 1 hour ago.

What this also means is that the OP can use enhanced breeding settings to get lots of fertilized eggs that they can use to make kibble. Even if they're logged off for many hours the server will still calculate all of the fertilized eggs that should be in the egg collector when the player logs in.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

Ok, right now I'm under my Yuty's butt, I fed him with 300 Stimberries and his hunger dropped by about 3000, then I forced the meat and restored the food, he only pooped 1. So my suggestion to the OP in this sense is not at all convenient.

Yeah, as you have discovered @SunsetErosionis right. The Phioma is the only creature that poops super fast when you feed them stimberries. That's basically the whole reason to tame phioma, so we can get extra poop to put into crop plots or to convert into fertilizer.

So again what I'm trying to say is i shouldn't have to leave my dino breeding to get eggs. I went back and saw the Hatchery had fertilized eggs the mating is the best I could do because the server host doesn't want massive breeding and I tried doing the single player settings even with the egg collection so the best I'm getting is even if I want unfertilized eggs I have to be on 12 hours. And that even if I want to say play a different game. That seem a little wired that the egg laying multiplier is only for fertilizer eggs. The only thing with ase it was connect to the poop multiplier because they didn't have an egg multiplier until this game ASA. There's no point in have a egg laying multiplier if it only effects fertilized eggs.  And yes i had oviraptor out too they didn't promote unfertilized eggs laying. Any you can't tell me that doesn't happen because oviraptor are very using at making sure you have unfertilized eggs as well fertilized egg. The only difference is they now pick up the eggs. I wish they would bring the dino storage over to asa because atleast then you don't have to have dino out for unfertilized eggs it was collected in the soul terminal. Until then I'm just not going to worry about kibble making. I'm really disappointed in the game it's supposed to be better then ase but I would rather play ase if I can't get kibble like your supposed 2 that almost 50 dollars wasted