Deep Sea Play and Cave Play

Zapha

After transforming my base from stone to metal I seek for new challenges. I built a harbour, tamed some Basilos and had fun. But sadly the deep sea loot crates have only green and blue stuff, and also looks like they have this strange mechanic where only 2 or so are up and if they are on the other side of the map and nobody else is farming them then I have no respawn on my side. All I can do in the deep sea now is killing squids for black pearls.

Then I tried cave play. The lag in caves on DX11 is really bad, framerates below 10. So I have to switch to DX12 in caves and deal with way more crashes. And even on DX12 I have some stuttering there (all settings always on minimum and 1366x768 resolution on a 3060RTX with 12 GB RAM).
I don't understand why the performance in caves is so bad, because usually it should be better than outside, where way more stuff is present. I found a blue and a white crate, both with cool ascendant stuff in it.

Please devs, fix the the deep sea loot crate tables. Walking into a cave is really not that effort like taming basilos.

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

and also looks like they have this strange mechanic where only 2 or so are up and if they are on the other side of the map and nobody else is farming them then I have no respawn on my side. All I can do in the deep sea now is killing squids for black pearls.

That's how they have always worked, and how they're supposed to work. As Joe said it's "by design".

True, but seems like they are all in the same spawn group.

On Crytsal Isles we had one spawn group for the dozen crates in the large deep sea cave (I know this because I farmed them like mad), and I think those outside were also divided into different spawn groups. Would be good to split the deep sea crates from "The Island" into four spawn groups along the edges. 

Hey, I would be really willing to take the long ride with my Basilo around the whole map, if that's the only way to get them. But if they only offer blue and green stuff, then not.

5 hours ago, Zapha said:

If this is the new forum policy to move all posts into "bug reports" or "suggestions"

Before you read the rest, keep in mind that I like your idea. I was being supportive, which is why I suggested to you that you post it in Suggestions.

With that said...

1) "General" is where player have discussions with each other. That's exactly what we're doing now, two player having a discussion in the General forum.

2) No, it's not the "policy", you're presenting a false argument, that only happens with posts that are bug reports or suggestions. The fact that many threads are still here in the General forum is up front proof that your argument is false. It doesn't take much thinking to realize that a General discussion is not a suggestion, it's a discussion.

5 hours ago, Zapha said:

My intention was to give feedback about gameplay styles I tried.

And you were successful, you gave feedback... to other players.

What you did not do was make a suggestion to the devs, because you posted your feedback in General, which is where discussions between players take place. During the course of the discussion a few different ideas were exchanged, leading up to the point when you expressed your idea for a change. Now that you have revised your original post from a General complaint into a specific Suggestion, it's time for you to post your suggestion in the Suggestions forum.

No one is forcing you to post a suggestion, no one is moving your thread into a different forum, it's your decision. As a fellow player, I like your idea, which is why I suggested to you that you should post it in suggestions. Sometimes you have to discuss ideas before they're ready to be presented, and now that your idea is ready to be presented I'm simply suggesting to you that you do so.

General is for discussions among players, Suggestions is for suggestions to the devs, it's a pretty simple concept.