Never seen anyone attempt a base like this...

Shizolator

So I seen boxes on water, water pens on the edge of a beach, beach bases that extend over water... but nothing this in depth.  Mainly I wanted to see what I could create, but now I'm questioning it's feasibility as a base of operations.

Yeah, yeah... it's made of glass, but since I took these photos, I've placed auto and plant turrets on the metal blocks on the ceiling and at each of the 8 corners.  I've also placed auto turrets (which can be powered underwater if the generator is above ground) around the base underwater.  40 turrets above water on the structure... another 40 underwater around it.  I've also designed a pillar defense tower with a generator and up to 12-18 turrets (mix of auto and plant) above water and all the way down the pillar to the ocean floor.  I can replicate these in a clock pattern around the base.

The idea being... overload the FPS and have plenty of ammo to take out turtles and other meat shields with plenty of ammo left to knock out tamed water and aerial dinos... before anyone can even make it to the glass structure.  Another bonus having it (far) out in the sea is the thing is hard to spot unless you're right on top it... and by then you're dead.  The reflection off the ocean makes it near invisible unless you are close to it.

Otherwise it makes fun PVE base.  The underwater support "tower" is essentially an aquarium housing Coelacanth, Mantas (tamed/wandering), and Icthy (tamed/wandering). All the windows below water have overlapping metal gates that can be closed/locked down via keypad in the event of an attack.  One sets of gates allows riding the smaller mounts in and out of the pen.  The pen is accessible from the exterior gate or via 2 pools (with ladders out) on inside of the base.  From the exterior, it has a Legion of Doom feel to it.  Thoughts?

seabase01.jpg

seabase02.jpg

seabase03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived