Fishing with Honey for 1hr on a Pelagornis next to a 2.7 Sabertooth Salmon

KingCrimson0666

I don't understand, I have a Journeyman Fishing Rod, with Honey, and I am sitting on a Pelagornis fwith no other fish around except me and a 2.7 Salmon...

Why will it not bite? Is there something I am doing wrong? I can only sit there for an hour before the honey expires...What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, KingCrimson0666 said:

I don't understand, I have a Journeyman Fishing Rod, with Honey, and I am sitting on a Pelagornis fwith no other fish around except me and a 2.7 Salmon...

Why will it not bite? Is there something I am doing wrong? I can only sit there for an hour before the honey expires...What am I doing wrong?

According to wiki max catchable size of fish with honey bait is 2.4

2 hours ago, KingCrimson0666 said:

What CatInFire sayd. Have you taken a good look at how big that fish actually is? I think max size is 3. But the 3x SaberTooth are as big as Carnos!
You dont just reel them in with a rod on a Pelagornis...

That sayd.

Maybe a Tek-Rod or upgraded Rod, could be an idea for a New Item/Tool?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KingCrimson0666 said:

I have attempted to catch such a fish as well in evolved, had to completely clean all the other fish out and then had to wait an EXTRA long time, it finally took the bait and something happened right at the end where it got off {I thought maybe the timer expired on trying to catch it, but maybe not}

This went on 3 more times, on the fourth attempt at reeling it in, I noticed I still had 3 secounds left and I should have caught it, but the line broke just like the other times and this time the fish was out of the water so it instantly died and despawned......

2.5 is the max, I think there is a soft lock on how many times you can "reel" the fish in before it instantly cuts the line

9 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

What CatInFire sayd. Have you taken a good look at how big that fish actually is? I think max size is 3. But the 3x SaberTooth are as big as Carnos!
You dont just reel them in with a rod on a Pelagornis...

That sayd.

Maybe a Tek-Rod or upgraded Rod, could be an idea for a New Item/Tool?

a tek rod sounds like a good thing.......it has a better chance at getting extreamly hard to find blueprints, but at the cost of them all being much lower quality?