Can we get more info/insight on the official moded servers

Anonymouszks

16 hours ago, Anonymouszks said:

is it going to be a thing now? will we get more moded servers? will you guys make an announcement about it to officialize and normalize it to get more people in on it for long term play?

I saw them in the xbox official server list

There are unofficial servers with mods. These are servers run by and paid for by people not affiliated with Wildcard. Mods are also created and paid for by people not affiliated with Wildcard. These type of mods will most likely never be seen on an official server.

Now there is another type of mod, made by Wildcard that is just a creature that would normally only be added when the map that it spawns on is added. So I assume this is what you are talking about.

If you want real mods, and not just creatures that you will see eventually when the map is available, then you want to play on an unofficial server.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:52 AM, Anonymouszks said:

is it going to be a thing now? will we get more moded servers? will you guys make an announcement about it to officialize and normalize it to get more people in on it for long term play?

I saw them in the xbox official server list

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen or read anything that said WC is going to start introducing mods to their official servers. AFAIK all servers that run mods are unofficial/private servers. Official servers are the "base game", the standard game without any modifications from the game code. The game supports mods, but no on officials.

Of course, if you've seen any announcement by WC that they plan to support mods on official servers it would certainly be interesting to see you link that here.

4 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen or read anything that said WC is going to start introducing mods to their official servers. AFAIK all servers that run mods are unofficial/private servers. Official servers are the "base game", the standard game without any modifications from the game code. The game supports mods, but no on officials.

Of course, if you've seen any announcement by WC that they plan to support mods on official servers it would certainly be interesting to see you link that here.

yes, in PVE they have opened 2 Official Servers (1 Eu + 1 Na) with the addition of some extra animals (downloadable as Mods), no other function. I haven't watched PVP

Edited by CervantesMor