STOP SHARKS OVER SPAWNING AND AGRRO

Kgugaming

Suggestion

6 replies to this server topic

Would be really nice to finally have the devs actually implement a size based Aggro system at least for sea creatures. 7 years or so and Anglerfish still think they are the chosen fishtick who's gonna go and take a bite out of my tamed Mosa/Plesi/Tuso and live. I'm sorry buddy, but unlike Pegos I can't just walk past that, cause water physics dictate 1/3 times I get stuck in your hit box.

This is really just several issues and is "Fix dino spawns" "Balance creature Aggro distance" "Balance sea creature aggro"

Here's a table of how they could work

(Some passive creatures are here for size reference, also to show what will and won't attack them)

Tiny - Small, so small that they aren't even the size of a Survivor usually and are unlikely to attack even if provoked by anything bigger than one.

- Coelcanth

- Sabertooth Salmon

- Piranha

- Ammonite

Attacks - Survivors or anything smaller

Small - On the low end of size and power, these creatures are often opportunistic or mildly territorial, but quickly leave the scene if more formidable foes appear.

- Icthyosaurus

- Electrophorus

- Anglerfish

- Manta

- Cnidaria

- Eurypterid

Attacks - Others of same size class or lower and survivors, as well as any small semi-aquatic or land/air dinos like Pelagornis/Otter/Beaver/Frog/Diplocaulus etc.

Medium - Big enough to defend themselves from most threats except the Apex predators of the sea, or well equipped to escape if not. These creatures will attack each other and most common members of the food chain below them.

- Megalodon

- Plesiosaur

- Dunkleosteus

- Basilosaurus

- Liopleruodon

- Megalodon Alphas

Attacks - Same class, lower and terrestrial dinos up to the size of a Carbonemys/Baryonyx.

Large - These creatures are high in the pecking order and present a significant threat to anything that encounters them, as a result most things smaller than them will flee on sight.

- Plesiosaur or Basilosaurus could be here, but Plesis should still have to fight Megas and Dunkys and that would give Basis another unfair advantage when they are already bloated with op stats and everything.

- Mosasaur

Attacks - Same class and lower, as well as any dinos up to the size of a Rex.

Huge - These monsters are in a class above everything else and are feared/respected for the considerable damage their wrath can leave behind. For the biggest and strongest things to roam the deep.

- Leedsicthys

- Megachelon

- Tusoteuthis

- Shastasaurus

- All Mosa, Leeds and Tuso Alphas 

On the other hand, some creatures should also have specific Aggro behaviors based on the dossier entries they still don't match up to.

- Plesiosaur is said to ignore anything that isn't a fish. This could give it a nice aloof temperament until it's provoked, instead of relentlessly hunting you as soon as you're in render.

- Anglerfish are said to be cowardly and skittish as well around anything big, but they clearly have no issues taking a bite out of giant squid and mosas as much as anything else.

- If Cnidaria don't have the brain power to even be tamed, they shouldn't have enough to even vaguely drift towards people, I understand the idea of a living underwater mine, but it's ridiculous and annoying. Plus there is no counter besides killing them (which have you seen the options which only include crossbows basically?) Or riding a Basi, which is unacceptable. It's been years, Wildcard. Please just give us an applicable anti-sting gel to put on ourselves and tames like Bugspray or Wyvern Milk but for Eel and Jellyfish shocks.

- Electrophorus have been broken and useless since they first launched, their AI is the worst in the game. Hopefully it's fixed, have not tested in ASA but I don't have high hopes atm. They also need a natural predator, same as Jellyfish, dunno why we haven't got that yet.

Extra Notes 

- Megalodons should 100% be less common and have a smaller Aggro range, instead of being anything similar to the large probably lone predator it was irl it's like the direwolves but in the sea. Instead it should only be about 60-75% as common as it is, plus, make it so that their Aggro range is at the range it is normally when things get hurt or there are corpses, like Argies being drawn like missiles towards corpses, this could also apply to any bleed attacks, making them a way to draw Megalodon aggro onto a target either on purpose or accident, cause the blood would lure them in. That way if you get swarmed it's because you left bodies or were attacked by something that used bleeds and it's not cause there were 5 or more Megalodon in most places.

I get that Ark has its own versions and such of these creatures but they really feel too common, it's more a sign that we may need another small to medium sea creature to fill in the niche of another lower but still threatening on the tiers creature in the oceans, like the Liopleurodon if it wasn't completely wasted as a creature to be a temporary sea unicorn...

- Mantas should also not be as bloodthirsty as they are, make them just a bit less aggressive, and then they wouldn't be the nightmare of every ark player that has ever entered the sea, second only to Jellyfish and Eels.

AHAHAHA!
I got eaten by a group of Megalodons last night.
I was flying a little bit too close to water at the ice area and accidentally fell into the water, only to find about 20 Megalodons swimming next to me. Some spawns are ridiculous, I've also seen another area with like 10 Pteranodons flying at the same small zone. Something is definitely not right lol

It's just very bizarre how the sea is like a cave. Nothing interacts/fights with each other and just waiting to agro on tames&survivor. It used to be that sharks at least attacked the Dolphins back in the day where their aggro range wasn't as insane. It's been said many times but the whole water ecosystem could do with a revamp, but I don't see it happening by Devs, only by moders.  Partly why I like the addon moded creatures is because they actually fight each other and the vanilla creatures sometimes in the wild. 

On 15/11/2023 at 03:07, Blackmage2015 said:

Voto per questo, anche gli spawn di Dino necessitano di un po' di rielaborazione. E la distanza agro dovrebbe essere la seguente: il tuo sanguinamento nell'acqua, ti trovano che non sanguini, devono essere molto vicini per trovarti. Roba del genere. 

sharks sell to us very well as well as having the electrical lease, they are predators that hunt by sight, making them half blind is unnatural