Server Instability & Crashes - Mega Thread

fury7103

Message added by Joebl0w13,

Please report official server outages or other issues using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

Ping is a quality of network connection metric. Ping is high because something is causing the data to take a long time to reach the destination. This is caused outside of the game client.

Maybe your security software is causing it.

Maybe your crap WiFi signal is causing it.

Maybe the host has the same issues causing it.

Maybe there is a problem with one of the hops the data takes on the internet in between yourself and the server.

Maybe your CPU is struggling to meet the demands of the client, and is unable to process the network data in a timely manner.

Troubleshoot the connection problem, and you can figure it out. No one else can do it for you. Whatever your ping is has absolutely nothing to do with whether you paid for the game or not, and is not a game-level issue to complain about.  

Edited by SylenThunder
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Ping is a quality of network connection metric. Ping is high because something is causing the data to take a long time to reach the destination. This is caused outside of the game client.

Maybe your security software is causing it.

Maybe your crap WiFi signal is causing it.

Maybe the host has the same issues causing it.

Maybe there is a problem with one of the hops the data takes on the internet in between yourself and the server.

Maybe your CPU is struggling to meet the demands of the client, and is unable to process the network data in a timely manner.

Troubleshoot the connection problem, and you can figure it out. No one else can do it for you. Whatever your ping is has absolutely nothing to do with whether you paid for the game or not, and is not a game-level issue to complain about.  

r u serious. check the server list lots of servers island only have high ping now after update

Whenever official server 5139 gets full I keep getting pushed out to dashboard when someone trys to log In. I've been in the middle of flight, fight and building when this happens. I've lost tames equipment and structures because I can't get back in to log off inside. People will "kite" my tames and my bodyjusy to get at my inventory. Something really needs to be done about this. Either up the server limit or come clean out the "weekend warriors" who only log In for 3xs events 

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic