Wildcard devs, next time...

CaelumNL

...please lead with that you need our financial support for things like ASA to keep the development of your ARK saga going. This instead of suddenly dropping a price on previously claimed "free contend" and on top of that following up with some suspicious price changes. Price wise the second itteration will cost us more. But that is not the point of this post. 

The thing is, ARK is by far my most cost effective game.I got around 5.5k hours in the game and I have never played another game for so long without subscription ever, by far. It is also the game with the best story and ambience ever, it has really grabbed by heart and imagination like no game ever had before or probably will have. I bought my own server just so I could enjoy the whole story line properly with my friends. I would love to support you, Wildcard, in your time of need, to help you stay afloat and keep the ARK content coming where I can. 

So please, next time don't lead with "We want you to pay for content you already paid for, but upscaled", but with "for the future of ARK and Wildcard, we ask for your support and give you ARK as you have never experienced before in return". I hate moneygrubbin', but I love supporting and giving back to those that treated me well and that you did, Wildcard, with letting me experience the best story ever in a very interactive way. And I will stay with you whereever you take the ARK story as long as you stay honest and true to your community.

• Thanks 2

On 9/30/2023 at 7:44 AM, Wumi said:

Like most online games it should just have a low OPTIONAL monthly sub with subscribers benefits, like points/hex for stores, outfits, increased XP, faster taming...any of the above will do

Gross. Get out of here. 

Pay to win? 

No buying XP or reduced taming speed!

Just do a merch store and special VIP servers where players can WIN exclusive skins if they're members.

NO GAMEPLAY ADVANTAGES.

Thats terrible. 

Imagine, ARK+ member uploads their character to "VIP-East-22" server. MOTD reads "Starting at 22:00, SOTF begins, VIP prize for 1st place"

You die, you become a spectator. 

You win, your character gets a prize in their inventory and you can transfer back to your home server.