musical mechanics! Sauroposeidon, The Melodic Earthshaker

Shockal

A gente deveria fazer uma campanha para arrecadação de fundos para que essa criatura seja colocada no jogo via DLC ou mod

15 hours ago, Romuluas said:

Outra criação Shockai 10/10! Um desses realmente tem que vencer.

Na verdade, Shockai, se você ver isso, acho que seria uma ótima ideia colaborar com alguns modders (talvez Garuga e Upfromtheprofunds) e juntos fazer um mod adicionando todos os seus envios fantásticos. O Sauroposiedon, Ornimegalonyx, Miracinonyx, Armadillosuchus, Cotoylorynhcus e muito mais!

This is an amazing idea. This is my favorite I’ve ever read, and this is the winner right here.

I’d like to add to this. Allow it to play our own custom songs on the speakers so we can play our favorite music in game. I really wanna see this thing do flashdance. Lol

Inside the saddle, you can craft a small boombox that the player can carry. It lets us play our music in game. It can be placed, and it could give a small buff, like an xp buff. 

Just for fun, I’d like the music from the box to change the idle speed of tames to match the tempo of the song, so it’s like they’re bobbing to the music. 

The Sauro should have a custom head/neck bobbing animation, because it’s cool, but also to help you track the tempo to make it easier to dance to. 

This thing looks too cool to only sing once every 20 steps. Make the bellow available from the start, and holding the button gives a sustained note. This starts a mini-game, and the longer you stay singing, the greater or stronger the buff. The buff or debuff would depend on the octave sang, so different songs and genre of music would give different effects. Singing to Elton John could possibly buff defenses and speed, while harmonizing with bone thugs could heal or do dot damage. 

The singing should disrupt corrupted creatures, debuffing them heavily, like light pets are to reapers. This should also extend to heavily debuffing gigas or charchars, maybe titans as well to make this a big tame killer. The high frequencies of the singing heavily hinders them.

This creature is a straight up bard.

18 hours ago, Shockal said:

Turn ARK into a rhythm game with the mighty Sauroposeidon!

Sauroposeidon.png

(Artwork by me, and more artwork coming soon!)

Wild:
Sauroposeidon rythmos is the largest dinosaur to inhabit the sunken forest. Of course, it’s nowhere near the size of the Forest Titan, but nonetheless, it towers over most animals. This mighty sauropod has a habitual tendency to stomp the ground, creating deep shockwaves that echo onwards for miles.

Interestingly, when it stomps, it does so with a very rhythmic beat. Additionally, it will accompany its tempo with the bass of its voice and the smack of its tail. I’m not sure if they do this for communication or just for fun, but it seems they understand the concept of music.

Domesticated:
Riding a Sauroposeidon rythmos is like being the conductor of a living orchestra. Start a tempo with its stomps, and ramp it up with the bass of its voice and the clap of its tail. As its cadence swells, it’ll gain courage and grow more powerful. At its pinnacle, it’ll break into a song that will inspire the hearts of all creatures that hear it, turning the tide against even the most devastating corrupted hordes. Just try not to miss a beat, lest you ruin the rhythm!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gameplay Summary:

Turn ARK into a rhythm game with the Sauroposeidon! Become a living percussion by rhythmically attacking to the beat of the battle theme - or any music you may have tabbed out (how would this work? I will explain it all below!) Stomp, kick, roar, and whip with a good sense of beat to achieve maximum DPS. Use your musical movement to inspire allies with the courage to continue fighting against the innumerable odds, wave after wave.

Outside of combat, the Sauroposeidon is an incredibly reliable cargo traveler. Although not exactly “fast”, it still has decent speed, and it simply steps over various obstacles that smaller creatures would have been trapped in, like ledges and divots. It can also smash rocks and gather humongous quantities of flint: a resource which only few creatures are specialized to harvest.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Abilities:

Passive Mechanic #1 - Omni Movement:

The Sauroposeidon can turn in place, strafe, and attack while moving.

image.png

Passive Mechanic #2 - Attack to the beat:

The Sauroposeidon boasts a complex but fun rhythm mechanic!

To activate the rhythm mechanic, you simply use any attack twice. The game will remember the amount of time that passed in-between your first and second attack, and that brief duration will dictate the speed of your tempo. For example, if the time in-between your first and second attack was one second, then you’ll create a tempo with one-second beats. Being able to choose your tempo means you'll be able to follow along with any song.

A faster beat will result in less damage per stomp, while a slower beat will result in higher. The attack speed compensates for this, so the DPS should equal-out, regardless of tempo.

As the tempo loops, you’ll need to time its beats with attacks in order to maintain it. Miss a beat, and the tempo will end. Continually miss the beats, and you’ll be debuffed with lower damage. But consistently land all your combos, and you'll slowly deal more damage. Keep going and mix it up with different attacks, and you’ll be rewarded with various buffs in the form of a rallying call.

If nearby allies are using drums, Yutyrannus roars, or Mammoth drum saddles, the buff will be amplified even further. Start up a band!

AttackToTheBeat.gif

Mouse1 - Leg Stomp:

The Sauroposeidon stomps with its feet. The direction of the stomp is determined by the player’s FOV. For example, looking behind will cause the Sauroposeidon to stomp with its back feet.

image.png

Mouse2 - Tail Crack:

The Sauroposeidon uses its tail to whip enemies away. Much like the Leg Stomp, the direction of this tail attack is determined by the player’s FOV. It is a very long tail, so it can even hit enemies in front of the Sauroposeidon.

image.png

Spacebar - Neck Ram:

The Sauroposeidon swings around its enormous neck. Again, like the previous two attacks, the direction of this neck attack is determined by the player’s FOV.

image.png

Reload - Rallying Call:

Do the roar! The Rallying Call is only available after rhythmically performing twenty consecutive moves in a row, and the buff it provides depends on which attacks were used to lead up to it.

- Leg Stomps grant 1% bonus damage per time used.

- Neck Rams grant 1% damage resistance per time used.

- Tail Cracks grant 1% increased speed per time used.

This means that if you performed thirteen Leg Stomps, five Neck Rams, and two Tail Cracks before activating the Rallying Call, it would provide you and nearby allies 13% bonus damage, 5% damage resistance, and 2% increased speed. The duration of the buff is brief, but can be extended with another Rallying Call. The effects stack, but they have a certain limit.

If a nearby player is using war drums, Mammoth saddle drums, or a roaring Yutyrannus, the buff effects are doubled, and it grants the extra bonus effect of a temporary XP boost.

image.png

Taming:

War drums! Approach a wild Sauroposeidon and play your hearty drums.

The Sauroposeidon will notice and challenge you to a musical battle. After a few minutes of playing, the Sauroposeidon will start becoming dizzy from so much dancing - utilize that window of opportunity to shoot it with tranquilizers! Be quick before it regains its focus again. You don't want it to realize you're trying to knock it out.

image.png

A possible TEK Saddle?

A saddle fitted with giant TEK speakers that allows your Sauroposeidon to play any of ARK’s soundtrack in the game at any time!

image.png

Some of you may recognize me...

speechthing.png

accept_friend_request_no_speechbubble.gif

Congratulations if you noticed quickly! I am the creator of the Miracinonyx, Ornimegalonyx and Armadillosuchus - and now the Sauroposeidon! This is now my sixth time in the top ten. From now on, I will prioritize making new creatures ideas over resubmitting old ones. You can still expect to see some old creations return to the votes, but it won't happen often anymore.

The Sauroposeidon isn't the only new creature idea I made for Extinction. I'm doing a double submission! My other creature is the Ozimek.

Ozimek.png

My last double submission was during the Aberration votes, but I pulled one of them down. This time, however, I'd like to keep both up and see where they go.

As always, thanks for reading. Feel free to leave any suggestions.

Bonus: The Art Gallery of Shockal's ARK Creature Submissions

Anttext.pngArmadilloTransparent.pngCoty.pngOwlie.gifdossierowlnooutline.pngMiraPortrait2.pngMira_ab.pngMiraMain.pngMirarun.gif

I think it would be cool if the tek saddle had the ability to make a really loud base noise that defend enemies and blew them away.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PuutyCuuty said:

This is an amazing idea. This is my favorite I’ve ever read, and this is the winner right here.

I’d like to add to this. Allow it to play our own custom songs on the speakers so we can play our favorite music in game. I really wanna see this thing do flashdance. Lol

Inside the saddle, you can craft a small boombox that the player can carry. It lets us play our music in game. It can be placed, and it could give a small buff, like an xp buff. 

Just for fun, I’d like the music from the box to change the idle speed of tames to match the tempo of the song, so it’s like they’re bobbing to the music. 

The Sauro should have a custom head/neck bobbing animation, because it’s cool, but also to help you track the tempo to make it easier to dance to. 

This thing looks too cool to only sing once every 20 steps. Make the bellow available from the start, and holding the button gives a sustained note. This starts a mini-game, and the longer you stay singing, the greater or stronger the buff. The buff or debuff would depend on the octave sang, so different songs and genre of music would give different effects. Singing to Elton John could possibly buff defenses and speed, while harmonizing with bone thugs could heal or do dot damage. 

The singing should disrupt corrupted creatures, debuffing them heavily, like light pets are to reapers. This should also extend to heavily debuffing gigas or charchars, maybe titans as well to make this a big tame killer. The high frequencies of the singing heavily hinders them.

This creature is a straight up bard.

As much as I'd want to let players play their own music, the last thing I'd want them to do is deliberately play obnoxious sounds and annoy their ARK neighbors with it.

• Like 1

I also have a suggestion: Dancing Dinosaur

Sauroposeidon starts dancing at 30 correct beats done, which applies a joy buff to it and all surrounding dinos. Basically +0.5 percent extra on all stat's  (including oxygen because why not) and so it's easier, when dancing the stomps, whips or neck attacks are easier to keep in beat like on the bar the perfect beat time is a little bit bigger.

Edited by IHendo

2 hours ago, Shockal said:

As much as I'd want to let players play their own music, the last thing I'd want them to do is deliberately play obnoxious sounds and annoy their ARK neighbors with it.

Make the music play only on their own game. Another ark player would just hear the battle theme, or whatever the standard song is for the speakers. Visual cues would let other players know what the tame was doing, they don’t need to hear exactly what you’re hearing. Maybe just have the song match the tempo of the song you’re playing.

1 hour ago, PuutyCuuty said:

Make the music play only on their own game. Another ark player would just hear the battle theme, or whatever the standard song is for the speakers. Visual cues would let other players know what the tame was doing, they don’t need to hear exactly what you’re hearing. Maybe just have the song match the tempo of the song you’re playing.

I think just simply having music tabbed out fulfills this.

• Shockal changed the title to Sauroposeidon, The Melodic Earthshaker