3 hours ago, ILikePizza said:

Why not again? The Gorgonops has gotten pretty close in a lot of votes. Extinction is a great map for it now

Yes, I hope it wins this time!!!!!!! It been one of the creatures I wanted in since well probably the purlovia update and the bit of a dud that was back then(I was hoping it would be rideable then)

Just a thought, but it would be cool if other survivors could ride on the sled (similar to sitting on a chair so they don't slide off) when it's not being used to carry dinos. Just maybe a fun little addition for multiple people traveling. Maybe they're facing backwards and can shoot off the back of the sled even.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• SpacePjoes changed the title to [UPDATED on 9/9/23] Gorgonops, The Feral Tracker and Taming Assist!

I am fond of everything this creature has to offer. Other than the fact that it sounds fun to use, and explore with, to the point of getting a little attached to it on an emotional level, the den idea sounds so appealing. Having a craftable structure that works similarly to the tent, where you could use it as a tent to hide from weather/region effects on scorched, and maybe on extinction, but also baby trough function wherever you place it, as well as the baby growth speed boost if the baby is in the den sounds so nice. Especially for people who have very limited time to play, and cannot commit 8 hours a day for 30 days to raise a giga. With how much value, and added fun user-experience this creature has to offer, I really hope it captures more player's interest.

Now if it could also climb walls, and shoot net webs out of its butt, this fluffy buddy would instantly win. Few can resist the allure of a fluffy spider-puppy.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 4:23 AM, saoub said:

The design of the creature is not my favorite but the ability you give to it are way too cool however the amount of buff it get is insane, 100 % buff,  the game gonna be easy. You should nerf all the buff it has because it don't seems to be a fighter and if it's too powerful it may ruin the other ability.

This is his suggestion, Ark devs will balance it out if it wins. He is just trying to put the best ideas for the creature in his suggestion so they can hopefully pick from some of them. (Edited note: sorry if I made it sound rude. Wasn’t trying to do that. I thought I put in what I just added into this post.)

Edited by OverRannus

On 9/10/2023 at 10:23 AM, saoub said:

The design of the creature is not my favorite but the ability you give to it are way too cool however the amount of buff it get is insane, 100 % buff,  the game gonna be easy. You should nerf all the buff it has because it don't seems to be a fighter and if it's too powerful it may ruin the other ability.

Definitely understand what you're saying. Balance is of course in Wildcards hands though. It probably shouldn't have been 100%, but I don't know if I'll change the image.

Hi, I have to say. I am really grateful that you have put Gorgonops in all these creature votes and have made nearly all of them to the finals. I really hope this is your time to win!!!! Go Gorgo or Go Home!!! It has been an honor to vote for this creature that I thought would never be seen in the light of day for ASE or Ark 2. I will be voting your creature number one on my ballot!! I feel it has some of needed things for Extinction, specifically the buff against Corrupted Creatures and the sled saddle to move unconscious creatures are things that I think could give it a good chance!!! I hope you win!!!

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hermes1111 said:

I will vote for gorgonops as my first but i don't like this appearance suggested by the owner of this thread, i want him to looks more like the real gorgonops.

The real Gorgonops is most likely not bald like you may think it is, if thats what you meant. It's a proto-mammal and most likely has fur rather than scales, at least to an extent. I do understand if you want a scaly Gorgonops tbf, and it would definitely not be unheard of for it to be bald, a lot of things have happened in that department, and I personally wouldn't mind too much, though I do prefer the hairy one myself.

Either way though, thanks a lot for your vote, we appreciate it a lot :))

Edited by SpacePjoes

• SpacePjoes changed the title to [Last Run] Gorgonops, The Feral Tracker and Taming Assist!
5 hours ago, BionicKetchup65 said:

Like I’ve said for Ozimek, this is the literal definition of mid and that’s not me including the fact that this guy has been in several votes already.

Dude, the reason it’s in this is because it’s a pretty popular creature with people to keep making it into the top ten. Now this is its final time in. And everyone wanted it in this vote since ragnarok and scorched earth. It’s not supposed to be an ultra late game creature just to be played like a giga, reaper or now the rhynio or creature submission like the dread and hatza ( both being veterans of these top tens with the hatza being in as many creature vote as the Gorgonops). It’s supposed to be an all use mount with majority being for utility. Now we have very little utility in general and utility creatures for taming are basically none and adding one that is a carnivorous and is also very well suited for the map as a creature (it literally lived in wasteland areas in the Permian) is kind of cool and I really like that the guy didn’t go for making it a killing machine with no other use. It’s nice to actually look for mid tier creatures that would be useful in the mid point of a play through of the game.

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OverRannus said:

Dude, the reason it’s in this is because it’s a pretty popular creature with people to keep making it into the top ten. Now this is its final time in. And everyone wanted it in this vote since ragnarok and scorched earth. It’s not supposed to be an ultra late game creature just to be played like a giga, reaper or now the rhynio or creature submission like the dread and hatza ( both being veterans of these top tens with the hatza being in as many creature vote as the Gorgonops). It’s supposed to be an all use mount with majority being for utility. Now we have very little utility in general and utility creatures for taming are basically none and adding one that is a carnivorous and is also very well suited for the map as a creature (it literally lived in wasteland areas in the Permian) is kind of cool and I really like that the guy didn’t go for making it a killing machine with no other use. It’s nice to actually look for mid tier creatures that would be useful in the mid point of a play through of the game.

Ok I see we’re you’re coming from, and it’s on my behave that I didn’t include “in my opinion”. But it still doesn’t change my mind of how I’m ranking this creature.