Community Crunch 376: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

The community made ARK history this week by crowning the first-ever aquatic creature winner of the community creature vote. Keep reading to find out what creature will make its new home in the vast oceans of ARK: Survival Ascended's The Center.  Keep that fantastic creativity flowing because another community creature vote is right around the corner!

Community_creature_winner.png

TheCenter1.png

With over 39k votes, Shastasaurus will be the new creature added to The Center for ARK: Survival Ascended. We are looking forward to sharing its concept and dossier in the weeks to come!

If you are interested in seeing exactly how the voting went, check it out here.

Not loading? Click here
Powered by RankedVote

ASE_OfficialServerSaves.png

To recap previous announcements, we’ll be taking save games from the Official Network and providing the files to you so that you can host your own server and continue the progress you’ve made on the Official Network.

We intend to take two different save snapshots, one timeline will be communicated below and the second will happen during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September.

• The first save snapshot will be provided on Wednesday, August 30th (8/30).
  • On Wednesday, we’ll be providing access to your PC saves and you’ll also be able to directly rent a server from Nitrado who can host your PC or console saves. 
    • Nitrado servers using the Official Save games are now available for pre-order here.
      • Pre-order your server today and save an additional 20% discount using promo code: SAVEYOURARK
      • You’ll be able to:
        • Access to all official save games for all platforms – PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
        • Easily import the save game with one click using the web interface.
        • Have access to a comprehensive guide and FAQs telling you everything you need to know about hosting servers.
      • For more information, please visit this page.
      • Pre-order and promo code are not available for XBOX.

• Remember we’ll be taking another save snapshot during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September in preparation for ASA’s October release, with more details to come at a later date!

ClassicPVP_S7.png

large.conquest.jpg.8c72239cc2d7c6f69066d

In 2019, the launch of the Snail Games Initiative, Classic PvP, created an exciting and competitive playing experience for PC players. Throughout the course of the seasons, the meta was watched closely and changes were made to shake things up and create an experience tailored for PvP gameplay. Continue on the quest for the ultimate PvP experience with the introduction of Classic PvP Season 7!

Classic PvP Season 7 launches on the 28th of August 6 p.m. Pacific Time! 

ClassicPVP_details.png

• Experience gain, taming, gathering have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
  • Breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
  • Tribes are set to 25 players max
  • Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
  • Servers have a maximum player count of 100
  • These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center
  • These maps will not be available: Genesis 1, Genesis 2, Extinction, Fjordur and Lost Island
  • Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
  • All Aberration, Extinction, Genesis Part 1, and Genesis Part 2 content is unavailable on Classic PvP
  • Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
  • TEK Engrams only for those allowed in the maps
  • No cave building
  • No net guns
  • Rhyniognatha will not spawn on The Island
  • Garchas will not spawn on any map
  • Cryopods enabled
  • Tamed Stegosaurus Resistance reduced by 35%
  • Tamed Quetzal Resistance reduced by 20%
  • Tamed Wyvern Resistance reduced by 20%
  • Tamed Wyvern Damage reduced by 20%
  • Reaper Queen added to the Valguero Aberration Zone

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, August 28th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Syntac

Syntac attempts to tame the clever and deceitful Indoraptor from Moro's Indomitable Duo mod.

Creator: NERD Potion 2.0 feat. Aviva Arcade

Couples that play together, stay together. Nerd Potion and Aviva Arcade prove it as they use the power of teamwork to tame a shiny Spectral Bazelgeuse and a Burning Nergigante from the mod Ark Monster Hunter and Shiny! Dinos mod. 

fanartblue.png

ARK Fasolasuchus Saddle Fan Concept by EmilyStepp

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_EmilyStepp

ARK fanart by Antiallt1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_Antiallt1_

Willow by Rhallwyn

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_Rhallwyn_1

Ark: The Island, Cover Story by MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_MayaPatch_

Giga VS Wyvern Rematch by Umbra-Daiwrfol

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_Umbra-Daiw

Jerboa with a mushroom hat by shelby

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_shelby_192

Archaeopteryx by Pet1tFlan

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_Pet1tFlan_

acreenshotsblue.png

Griffon by SAYDOM

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_SAYDOM_192

Screenshot by im with sandy

large.441392548_ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_

Screenshot by christine_km

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_376_christine_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Sadly, I'm not too happy with the creature vote winner. Let's hope Wildcard can make it interesting. I'm pretty sure they will keep the submarine saddle concept, so hopefully that turns out to be cool. 

As for the official server saves, I'm just hoping they work out smoothly. I'm glad Wildcard actually thought of that when closing servers.

Also, it's nice to see a crunch where Wildcard isn't struggling to find content to make it a reasonable length!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Seeing that the Shasta was my second-favorite (man, that Miracinonyx can't catch a break), I'm quite satisfied :) I hope it TRULY is a submarine and you don't change that part too much. Or at all.

No word on what the next map will be ? Since you've organized the vote for Ragnarok out of order (and said you'd give time for people to get their next submission ready), I expected to see a mention of that. Did I miss it ?

To recap previous announcements, we’ll be taking save games from the Official Network and providing the files to you so that you can host your own server and continue the progress you’ve made on the Official Network.

We intend to take two different save snapshots, one timeline will be communicated below and the second will happen during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September.

• The first save snapshot will be provided on Wednesday, August 30th (8/30).
  • On Wednesday, we’ll be providing access to your PC saves and you’ll also be able to directly rent a server from Nitrado who can host your PC or console saves. 
    • Nitrado servers using the Official Save games are now available for pre-order here.
      • Pre-order your server today and save an additional 20% discount using promo code: SAVEYOURARK
      • You’ll be able to:
        • Access to all official save games for all platforms – PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
        • Easily import the save game with one click using the web interface.
        • Have access to a comprehensive guide and FAQs telling you everything you need to know about hosting servers.
      • For more information, please visit this page.
      • Pre-order and promo code are not available for XBOX.

• Remember we’ll be taking another save snapshot during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September in preparation for ASA’s October release, with more details to come at a later date!

It's just sad, honestly. You got tons of questions last week about SP for console, about the ability to get saves of several maps to form a cluster... and these questions remain unaddressed in your "recap". Some people got oriented in getting this information in the replies, but wouldn't it be so much better if EVERYONE had access to these explanations in a spot you've specifically tailored for recaping these extremely important matters ? Of course you're going to push server hosting with best buddy Nitrado rather than acknowledge SP gameplay, but even so, you can do that AND offer the clarification that is asked of you in the comments of your own website. I don't feel like it's a lot to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Alferdo said:

I don't dislike shastasaurus but I think Mesoparapylocheles was much better

I hope that in the next votes he will win.

I agree. The Hermit Crab had a lot of effort put into the concept for it. As for it winning the next vote, I'm not too sure. Except for Crystal Isle, it doesn't fit into many maps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DinoBear said:

Congrats to Shasta! Real shame about the lack of other news on ASA.

Yep. Sucks there had to be so much hate thrown at ASA reveals that they just got pulled back. It'd be nice if the haters could apologize, or at least go away, but it is what it is. We'll see it soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alferdo said:

the next one will surely be extinction, so we have to wait for valguero so that there is a possibility that he will come out

well we will have to wait and see if it will be Valguero or Extinction, cause we could also maybe see Crystal Isles being an option, however I doubt that we may get a vote for Genesis 1 and 2, Lost Isles or Fjordur but who knows

still i hope the hermit crab gets a redemption

• Like 1

Congrats to the creator of Shastasaurus. I was rooting for the Killer, but I'm okay with Shasta.

Also, depending on how accurate they make the Shastasaurus, it is now the largest official real-world creature in ARK.

Top Ten Marine Predators - Shastasaurus, a 21 m Ichthyosaur | Mosasaurs, Ichthyosaurs and ...

Saltasaurus

No, this isn't Titanosaurus, but Titanosaurus in reality was probably a similar size to Saltasaurus.