Crash after ascention (Island) lost character! Help!

SLI_Fallen

Title says it all. I finally beat the gamma overseer and ascended (after all these years) The cutscene played, I got the "download character" screen. Clicked one of my beds, and then my game crashed.

I am playing on a dedicated server running Ark Server Manager (on my LAN) When I tried to rejoin on my client rig, it said "Player already connected" I checked the server and indeed, it still showed one player in game. I stopped the server, restarted it, and when I joined, I only had the new player screen, NO download player available! OMG!!

I DID do a full backup of the server game BEFORE entering the TEK cave, and of course, I could just load that and do it again, but I REALLY don't want to. And I don't think it's fair since I DID beat it. (For the first time ever BTW, long story as to why after just surpassing 10,000 hours in this game, I JUST actually beat the overseer, but I digress)

Is there a way for me to load up the prior save game and, give myself the gamma ascension levels/completion/implant?)  I'm showing the achievement unlocked now (screen attached) as proof. I just need my player (with the ascension implant/levels) back., please, can anyone help me??  TIA

gamma Ascension.jpg

1 hour ago, SLI_Fallen said:

I DID do a full backup of the server game BEFORE entering the TEK cave, and of course, I could just load that and do it again, but I REALLY don't want to.

You shouldn't have to do a full restore. You should be able to pull the specific files from the backup that you need (probably just your character file, and maybe your tribe file).

1 hour ago, SLI_Fallen said:

give myself the gamma ascension levels/completion/implant?)

Yes, there are commands you can use to give your character credit for beating a boss. I don't remember the exact command name but go to the wiki (on ark.wiki.gg, the real wiki) and look for the "console commands" page. You should be able to find it there.

Or, if you can't find it, use console commands to spawn in the tributes needed to start the fight, give yourself "gcm" or god mode, then use fly to go straight to the boss and solo it in god mode. Using creative mode (the GCM command) will let you do pretty much anything you can imagine in ARK.

Thanks! I did find the wiki page for that. looks like its "cheat playercommand Ascend1". I'll try that first and see what happens.  Note I did try to recover the islandbak and tribeback files (then rename them) but no luck there. 

EDIT:

It worked! I reloaded the save folder backup at entrance to TEK cave, ran the command, ascended, got the implant/levels/hairstyles. When I spawned my satchel was there with everything I had prior to going in.  Like a good non-cheater, I threw it all away as I "should" have lost it all anyway once I ascended. 😉 

Thanks again, now on to beta!

Edited by SLI_Fallen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/24/2023 at 4:25 PM, Mike585x said:

Idk about your server, but on official if you beat the boss you don't lose anything... And your dinos appear at the cave entrance 

Hmm. ok. In SP you do (at least I am). I did beat Beta Overseer the other day, and my character spawned on the beach with nothing just like a game start. (default spawn point, even though I did select one of my beds once I downloaded my character after the cutscene). I'm using ASM to run the server. Wondering if there is some setting there I missed regarding that behavior. 

8 minutes ago, SLI_Fallen said:

Hmm. ok. In SP you do (at least I am). I did beat Beta Overseer the other day, and my character spawned on the beach with nothing just like a game start. (default spawn point, even though I did select one of my beds once I downloaded my character after the cutscene). I'm using ASM to run the server. Wondering if there is some setting there I missed regarding that behavior. 

Its crazy how much playime Ark gives. I dont think there are many games that has players with these kind of playtimes. I mean games like Soulgames you could/should end up at NewGame +10 or something at like 1k hours. In Ark you spend your first 1k hours cuddling Dodos :)