Which creature would you most want to be improved in ARK 2?

Gecko1611

Which creature would you most want to be improved in ARK 2?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these creatures would you most want to be improved in ARK 2?

• Smilodon
    • Tyrannosaurus
    • Quetzalcoatlus
    • Allosaurus
    • Carnotaurus
    • Sarcosuchus
    • Mosasaur
    • Brontosaurus

Personally i would really love to see the bronto enhanced. Currently the brontosaurus’s path system isn’t the greatest or most realistic. The reason i say this is mostly because the bronto makes un realistic movements and will even stand on spike walls around your base. This really should be re worked so if the brontosaurus detects it’s stepping on or hitting an object like spikes it will passively leave. The dinosaur shouldn’t get agro or lose much health, But be motivated to move if it’s hitting such. I would also like the bronto to have better foot meshing with un even ground for the future game. Instead of seeing gaps on slightly un even surfaces the foot should mesh and fit better and maybe even be enhanced with a better animation. There’s of course many other dinos and things i would like to see improved with the new game but this was just something on the top of my head that can also be annoying.

Hi Gecko1611

In my honest opinion, I would say either the Bronotosaurus or the Quetzalcoatlus. The Bronto is currently disliked by most players on both PVP and PVE servers, primarily due to its slow, sluggish and limited mobility, it's weak points coupled with damage radiation, and damage multipliers that apply across the entirety of the animal rather than specifically for headshots. While it does have a platform saddle, it's become overlooked by other transportation based and resource collection tames, making it further limited in use. Also it's design could use an overhaul with certain behavioral, physical and ability-based changes, especially if differentiating this sauropod from the addition of diplodocus or brachiosaurus in Ark 2.

Otherwise, these are just my opinions for Ark 2.

Thanks, 

MonstersHunters

Edited by MonstersHunters

On 8/15/2023 at 5:44 AM, MonstersHunters said:

Hi Gecko1611

In my honest opinion, I would say either the Bronotosaurus or the Quetzalcoatlus. The Bronto is currently disliked by most players on both PVP and PVE servers, primarily due to its slow, sluggish and limited mobility, it's weak points coupled with damage radiation, and damage multipliers that apply across the entirety of the animal rather than specifically for headshots. While it does have a platform saddle, it's become overlooked by other transportation based and resource collection tames, making it further limited in use. Also it's design could use an overhaul with certain behavioral, physical and ability-based changes, especially if differentiating this sauropod from the addition of diplodocus or brachiosaurus in Ark 2.

Otherwise, these are just my opinions for Ark 2.

Thanks, 

MonstersHunters

I think all of them should be improved, otherwise I wouldn't have included them. I just specifically want Smilodon to be, because it is one of my favorite extinct animals. 

Since we are going to have ASA and ARK 2 playable at the same time, I would like to see ARK 2 elaborate more on each individual creature. Since ASA is probably going to have a lot of creatures, ARK 2 could offer the experience of less creatures, but more unique and well-made creatures.

Edited by Gecko1611
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

out of this list, for sure the bronto I dont think it gets much use which is sad to see. But I think (no offense) this list is kind of bad as there are ALOT of dinos in the game that are underused/ very niche specific. Such as the diplocaulus you rarely see this dino if ever it needs a rework or a buff or something theres really zero reason to tame it. Theres alot of creatures in the game that are way too niche specific so they end up just rarely ever getting touched and I think that needs to be looked into; whether that means buffing/reworking the dinos use or just making it so the niche is needed to be interacted with. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say Carno. In other games they are so fun to play, and they just aren't up to my standards for what they should be. First off they aren't nearly as fast as they should be and second, they don't have enough outstanding abilities to make them really worth taming. At the point you can get a carno, you could probably tame a rex or a therizino, and just wait until you can get the saddle. If the carno was faster, and had a roar, I would play it more. Who agrees?

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I hope Ark 2 focuses more on small to medium animals than it does large. As awesome as creatures like Wyverns, Gigas, and Rexes are, smaller creatures like Sabers, Raptors, Andrewsarchus, and Stegos fit the more primitive feeling they seem to be going for much better. I think the larger tier of dinos should be scaled back, with creatures like Rexes and Spinos being the "Gigas" of the game while creatures like Titanos, Gigas, and Carchar are more akin to how the Titanosaur works right now, like raid bosses (Unless they finally decide to downsize the Giga and Carchar they way they should have, in which case they go to the same tier as Rex and Spino).

A removal of Ark 1 fantasy creatures would be nice to see at first as well, considering there will probably be new native lifeforms now forced to coexist with our creatures. Adding in creatures like the Shadowmane and Managarmr would really bog down Ark 2's believability unless they were entirely untameable and served as wild threats, as unless they're heavily balanced they'd simply overtake the meta again. 

Edited by Qwertymine
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I have always wanted the Quetzal to be improved because right now there rather useless in PvP and PvE, other than transporting resources. The real life Quetzal was an apex predator and I would really like to see that approach to it in Ark 2. A Mosa improvement would also be nice, but all views of Arat (the planet Ark 2 is going to take place on) seem to be mostly land with only lakes and rivers. So I'm worried that there isn't even going to be an ocean 😟.