opinion on yi qi?

voidstar13

its nothing like the actual dossier image that was offered up - looks more like an undersized dodorex or giant dodo either one is wrong for abb it should have been much more streamlined and i am guessing lower to the ground but when in 'shoot' mode it curls tail and spreads wings to balance - the artist that drew this forgot it was for abb imo  :P

I just want to preface this by saying I do like the design of the Yi Ling and the dossier isn't out yet. But based off the original I'm a little bummed out that we didn't a design closer to the original. Again no say it looks bad in the slightest I'm actually fond of it. Just with they didn't make the tail so much smaller.  

I like the creature design overall, however like some others have said it really doesn't fit the map and it's underground feel&design (possibly the same reason why Terror birds weren't added). The Rock drake design is really an aberration within Aberration and presents a unique contrast in this environment where the mechanics for loot drops on the surface were designed around it. 

This creature design feels a lot more like it should be a replacement(because it somewhat overlaps) of say the Terror Birds on another Map.  Burrowing creatures or ones able to scale vertical surfaces like the creepy crawly spiders would have been a much better fit for sure. 

Alas, these are the pros and cons of community voting and the result is what it is.

Archived