Community Crunch 373: Yi Ling Concept Art, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

11 hours ago, Romuluas said:

I believe that means that say if someone had already won a creature (like the Fasolasuchus, Gigantoraptor, and Yi Qi) they cant make another creature and win.

(but im not an admin this is just my input on how I perceive it)

11 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is correct

As the guy who submitted Gigantoraptor, personally I'm not too much of a fan of the new "no winning multiple times" rule.

I understand why it was put in place, but it feels like a bit of a "punish the whole class" vs a "punish the actual problem people" situation.

90% of us in the creature design community are just people who really enjoy making cool ideas or flexing our creative muscles. Outside of posting to various social media and hoping our idea gains traction, we don't have any unfair advantage for getting our stuff into the top 10, apart from the effort we put into our submissions. However there's at least one individual that comes to mind who's consistently used their audience to sway the votes for only their own benefit.

It feels really unfair to "put down" the creativity of people who are willing to put in the time to sit down and have some fun designing a unique creature that might gain traction. If the community likes the design of a creature, regardless of who made it, I say let it be how it is! There's still a huge portion of the community who just doesn't bother to read further than the title, I don't think the creators of the concepts are of their concern. Critter creators are already punished enough by people who won't give their really unique ideas the time of day due to their pre-concieved notions of what the animal would be, I think it's wholly biased to punish the "good" and "skilled" creature creators even further.

It really removes the fun of creature design knowing that your idea won't even be considered, even if it wins fair and square.

• Like 5

It's amazing to me how they can get these concepts "done" so fast yet asa has been pushed back constantly. If you ask me, they should FINISH the game they have already promised and THEN start this stuff. 

Plus, the final voting platform is unfair and hack possible, the true winners are NEVER chosen because votes can be cast by ANYONE as many times as they have ip's. I had a buddy use different phones to vote the exact same multiple times. Use the forum system. Least then they have to work for the vote and make new profiles.

This is a joke and a spit in our faces. Don't get me wrong I love the concept of community interest and addition but.... Finish what you started first. Put all the people who would be doing this ONE TAME and put them on the ENTIRE game team so it can be DONE and happy playing the game we all want to love so much (minus the million bugs please).

This is like decorating a house with no walls.... smh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Chinxsie said:

It's amazing to me how they can get these concepts "done" so fast yet asa has been pushed back constantly. If you ask me, they should FINISH the game they have already promised and THEN start this stuff. 

Plus, the final voting platform is unfair and hack possible, the true winners are NEVER chosen because votes can be cast by ANYONE as many times as they have ip's. I had a buddy use different phones to vote the exact same multiple times. Use the forum system. Least then they have to work for the vote and make new profiles.

This is a joke and a spit in our faces. Don't get me wrong I love the concept of community interest and addition but.... Finish what you started first. Put all the people who would be doing this ONE TAME and put them on the ENTIRE game team so it can be DONE and happy playing the game we all want to love so much (minus the million bugs please).

This is like decorating a house with no walls.... smh

Strong “I only play pve on a 20x boosted server vibe where I force tame everything” 

46 minutes ago, ashgcy said:

As the guy who submitted Gigantoraptor, personally I'm not too much of a fan of the new "no winning multiple times" rule.

I understand why it was put in place, but it feels like a bit of a "punish the whole class" vs a "punish the actual problem people" situation.

90% of us in the creature design community are just people who really enjoy making cool ideas or flexing our creative muscles. Outside of posting to various social media and hoping our idea gains traction, we don't have any unfair advantage for getting our stuff into the top 10, apart from the effort we put into our submissions. However there's at least one individual that comes to mind who's consistently used their audience to sway the votes for only their own benefit.

It feels really unfair to "put down" the creativity of people who are willing to put in the time to sit down and have some fun designing a unique creature that might gain traction. If the community likes the design of a creature, regardless of who made it, I say let it be how it is! There's still a huge portion of the community who just doesn't bother to read further than the title, I don't think the creators of the concepts are of their concern. Critter creators are already punished enough by people who won't give their really unique ideas the time of day due to their pre-concieved notions of what the animal would be, I think it's wholly biased to punish the "good" and "skilled" creature creators even further.

It really removes the fun of creature design knowing that your idea won't even be considered, even if it wins fair and square.

As a user, I don’t want to see anyone win more than once. Deal with it. 

• Thanks 1

I didn’t know they added a Dodoraptor.

In all seriousness, the Yi looks pretty cool. Could be to a terror bird how a deinon is to a raptor (stronger with better abilities, but a more advanced tame to compensate). The submission proposed some interesting concepts, so all we can do now is wait and see how many of them carry over to the official version.

So this is community crunch #5 with no new information. No screen shots, no game play, no reassurance everything is on track. Disappointing.

Edit: Its disappointing simply because I want to play ark, however starting up again for servers to close is not appealing what-so-ever. The stuff I have seen has been great and I look forward to more! 

Edited by Sinnersgrin
add contextual-information
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

They did say they would give an ASA comparison everyother week, I don't even want to know how many weeks it has been, I do want to know, I just won't check, does someone mind quoting me with the right awnser?

They said it on March 31 it has been 18 Community crutch and no updates on asa . I have a Hypothesis if they show anything about Asa they are scared it will Discourage ppl and turn them feom buying the game . So they are not going to show anything till its out and ppl have wasted there money on it 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Voidtoker said:

As a user, I don’t want to see anyone win more than once. Deal with it. 

As a friend of the person you just mocked, I suggest you get in their shoes and be respectful. Just because you win once doesn't mean you should be stripped away from the fun the contest entails. Sure it could be slightly frustrating if someone won over and over, but it that got to happen then it's likely because they put effort and thought into their creation. And if you don't like it, don't vote for it. That simple

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RRG said:

As a friend of the person you just mocked, I suggest you get in their shoes and be respectful. Just because you win once doesn't mean you should be stripped away from the fun the contest entails. Sure it could be slightly frustrating if someone won over and over, but it that got to happen then it's likely because they put effort and thought into their creation. And if you don't like it, don't vote for it. That simple

That is YOUR take. Why should I be respectful of your opinion when you aren’t respectful of mine? 

NOTHING that has been added in the last year has been an improvement so my take is that this whole “contest” is trash. A TLC would have been much more useful for the health of the game than a 2nd Giga, a 2nd Rock Drake etc. 

Hi guys.

Well for starters

What the hell is that dino………….. a giant dodo?

Completely different from the dossier.

Sorry but another useless crunch, you don’t say anything, don’t show anything from ASA or ark 2 or even from the mass ban!

Don’t know what you waiting for?!

Honestly if you continuou with this you will lose so many players!!

• Like 3

Are you kidding me ?  This is trash. A Deinonychus look alike with a intangible   Dino name. Snail games is Chinese owned so they name it this dumb name. Cmon man. Get real. No one cares about these concepts, they are a distraction. We want real news,  where is this supposed completed animated series ? Where’s is ark ASA UPDATES.  Been faithful since beta Xbox and you guys are sooooooooo unreliable with dates and not punctual at all. The only thing consistent is the lies.   Hella disappointed in this Dino name.  Not even a Dino related name like WTH.    Give us real news or none at all. Get your shhhhh together 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jakethatsme said:

They said it on March 31 it has been 18 Community crutch and no updates on asa . I have a Hypothesis if they show anything about Asa they are scared it will Discourage ppl and turn them feom buying the game . So they are not going to show anything till its out and ppl have wasted there money on it 

The have no money for ark2, so they are selling this “next Gen “ version of the game to pay for ark 2.      Rip ARK.  It is the king of ITS CLASS.  But the developers and everyone else is ruining it all.     Ark is dead rn. Official is dead. Dedis have about 2000 ppl on a day.  By the time Ark 2 is finally being worked on it’ll be next Gen console and UE5 will be out of date. 

• Like 1

ok, everything else is fine for the submissions if the mods would remove creature subs like the wolfhound sooner lol

but not merging posts anymore is a terrible idea

merging them helped anyone who was struggling catch up because they couldnt post their submission minute 1 of the subs being up, not merging makes it hard to get past any of the pages because theres 10 of the same creature on each page

not merging posts makes it so people can have 30 posts of the same damn creature just bc they have 2 different ideas compared to the other posts, so what, merge the damn posts, read the comments for ideas like yall were sayin you would do originally anyway instead of being lazy and focusing on the main poster of round 2s winner

Edited by WitheringSoul113001