What are you expecting for the center vote?

MDwesman

While many people will say they want aquatic creatures...they will hardly ever get used after being tamed. At least not by me...I am not fond of water play. I would rather have a flyer/glider with cool abilities. Maybe even a semi aquatic flyer.
I will be submitting 2 of those myself that I hope will catch on but whatever it is needs to be semi aquatic. If it is fully aquatic it will not be used much...though new fish types would be cool, they would not be practical at all.
I still need to write up my King Fisher but I will be using the same entry of Changyuraptor as I did last vote...though I updated a lot since.

PS> I am pretty sure that we will probably get something aquatic just because influencers have already been calling and begging for it but I will not be voting for it unless it is useful and looks cool.

Edited by Somes

When it comes to the non-canon maps, it doesn't really matter as long as its unique and interesting. Story maps, however, have more limits on the type of creatures possible (e.g., the no-flyer theme of Aberration).

I myself have something planned for The Center, and I'm so excited to see what you guys think about it... Lets get that juicy Crunch, WC!

12 minutes ago, DarkenSi said:

hoping for more water creatures. water is lack luster atm when it comes to creatures

It will be lackluster after a water tame too. Water play is too much of a hassle and its kinda slow. I really have no idea why people are going nuts for water tames this vote...
This community is super odd to me lol. 
I see there are already influencers going hard to drive votes in Discord servers...at this point I wish one would get behind my submissions for a boost.
My Changyuraptor entry was actually targeted for Valguero but my other entry for the King Fisher is a WIP. I am trying to draw my saddle idea but I am having issues lol.

23 hours ago, Somes said:

It will be lackluster after a water tame too. Water play is too much of a hassle and its kinda slow. I really have no idea why people are going nuts for water tames this vote... This community is super odd to me lol.

Same sentiment here - Any pure water tames will go to the bottom of my list. Unless the ocean biome is getting a massive TLC pass in ASA water exploration/gameplay just sucks, and I simply don't care about any aquatic creature. It'll get used as a novelty for an hour, then dumped like every other water tame when people go back to playing on land. Even when I love the designs (flying fish, orca, seahorse) I just feel like they'd be a waste to vote for.

Flyers would be fine, but by limiting the submissions to RL creatures...makes it hard for people to add anything interesting when they're competing with griffins & wyverns. I can't get excited by yet another pterosaur.

Looking at (the current) top 10 that leaves the jumping spider, the hermit crab, (yet another) sauropod or the cat; personally I'd love to see either the jumping spider or either of the big cats win (but even if they pass this round they'll likely get nuked by haters in the ranked choice vote as they're not 'water-themed').

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Like 1

Best case here is a land and water traversal mount that can compete well in both of these terrains. A flyer that can swim would also be a new coin that we’ve never seen in ark.

Self Promotion here but I got a land-ocean traveler creature submission you guys might wana check out 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/697916-shringasaurus-arks-most-dangerous-herbivore-toxin-thief/

Vote for the Shringasaurus, ARKs newest and most dangerous herbivore

Edited by MDwesman
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Best case here is a land and water traversal mount that can compete well in both of these terrains. A flyer that can swim would also be a new coin that we’ve never seen in ark.

Self Promotion here but I got a land-ocean traveler creature submission you guys might wana check out 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/697916-shringasaurus-arks-most-dangerous-herbivore-toxin-thief/

Vote for the Shringasaurus, ARKs newest and most dangerous herbivore

I did not get to work on my King Fisher entry...pretty much a flyer and swimmer...I will need to get on that tomorrow. 

Yes you're right. Gen1 is the only map with a decent ocean biome. A TLC for the oceans would be absolutely needed. 

18 hours ago, Kaiarra said:

Same sentiment here - Any pure water tames will go to the bottom of my list. Unless the ocean biome is getting a massive TLC pass in ASA water exploration/gameplay just sucks, and I simply don't care about any aquatic creature. It'll get used as a novelty for an hour, then dumped like every other water tame when people go back to playing on land. Even when I love the designs (flying fish, orca, seahorse) I just feel like they'd be a waste to vote for.

Flyers would be fine, but by limiting the submissions to RL creatures...makes it hard for people to add anything interesting when they're competing with griffins & wyverns. I can't get excited by yet another pterosaur.

Looking at (the current) top 10 that leaves the jumping spider, the hermit crab, (yet another) sauropod or the cat; personally I'd love to see either the jumping spider or either of the big cats win (but even if they pass this round they'll likely get nuked by haters in the ranked choice vote as they're not 'water-themed').

I can also confirm that flyers are hard. If you have to stay with the abilities of a real world creature it is very difficult to come up with something unique which no other creature has.

Self promotion here: