mutation question

Annoyesasheck

The question is a bit confusing.   You spawned in ones with specific colors?  They of course have no mutations.  You can always take one with a mutation and breed it to your clean line here.  Can a  dire wolf who has never inherited give a mutation? It can , but its a % chance of that happening.   If you are breeding with a dire wolf who has already caugtht a mutation, then its a 55% chance the baby resulting from a mating inherits that mutation.  It will inherit the counter 100% chance, but the actual stat itself is a 55% chance of passing on.

Maybe refine the question a little if this doesn't help clear things up.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Maybe refine the question a little if this doesn't help clear things up.

As said by GrumpyBear, it would be better to clarify the question

I think it was: "I bred Wolves to obtain a precise color scheme and strictly with 0 Mutations; if now I mate one of these with a different Wolf that instead has some Mutations that I'm interested in having, is it possible for the child to receive the Mutated Statistic but also the other parent's Color on the same statistic? Or is the color inherited solely from the parent from which it inherits the statistic in question?"

If this is your doubt: YES, it may happen that it inherits the right Color from the first and also the Mutated Statistics from the second. So your job of working on two separate Mating Lines (one for color and a different one for mutations) and then merging them only at the end is correct (obviously it's not "guaranteed" the first time but you'll have to make some attempts until it results everything as you need). You will only have the color change problem if this same pair develops a further Mutation, at which time there will be a further color change.

I did the same thing you did, using my White Boss Rexes combined with a line of Green/Red Rexes (and with: Tyla, Tapeja, Owl) and now I'm doing the same with my Charcas. [I'm in Official Server]

22 hours ago, Annoyesasheck said:

i spawned in on our server

Since you have the ability to spawn in creatures, you also have the ability to use admin commands to change their colors.

If you get a creature with a color you don't like just use the commands to change it permanently, and then you'll have the colors you like while you continue breeding.