Hesperonis golden egg

MMaas

7 hours ago, MMaas said:

I tred to follow the procedure as mentioned on the ARK wiki with tame Hesperonises but no golden eggs sofar. Whistle attack commands, wandering on agressive in a leash, no luck sofar.
Anyone knows if it's broken or could it be the server (mildly boosted custom spawns) settings?

I dont know wether the costum settings would have any effect on the spawnrate of golden hesperonis eggs. But my guess is that it doesnt. There could be some other settings adjusting, but that would the person adjusting any settings know...

I have used the Hesperonis to get golden eggs in the 1-2 weeks following the release of the Rhyniognata. I was able to get golden eggs in those weeks.
-> The point is that the Hesperonis needs to EATS fish. Just the killing isnt enough to trigger the "drop"

I always have it on follow, wander and agressive. Then I trow it into water to make it attack fish. It will kill a bunch, but it will not eat them after they are killed. Then, with some corpses in the water I wistle attack this target, on the dead fish corpses. After it eats 3-5 I will wistle passive and it will follow me onto the shore. Sometimes I then also wistle "stop following" to let it go into wander mode. But I dont think thats neccecary. Ones its on land it will drop something, if its not an golden egg I send it back into the water to kill another 3-5 fish. And so on...

Edited by SunsetErosion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunsetErosion said:

I always have it on follow, wander and agressive. Then I trow it into water to make it attack fish. It will kill a bunch, but it will not eat them after they are killed. Then, with some corpses in the water I wistle attack this target, on the dead fish corpses. After it eats 3-5 I will wistle passive and it will follow me onto the shore. Sometimes I then also wistle "stop following" to let it go into wander mode. But I dont think thats neccecary. Ones its on land it will drop something, if its not an golden egg I send it back into the water to kill another 3-5 fish. And so on...

That's one of the things I tried. The eating and egg dropping is not the issue sofar but it might just me being impatient.
What ratio is golden egg vs regular drop?

3 hours ago, MMaas said:

That's one of the things I tried. The eating and egg dropping is not the issue sofar but it might just me being impatient.
What ratio is golden egg vs regular drop?

Hmm. I havent done it enough to be able to tell you anything really valuable. I think Ive farmed for eggs like 10 times on official max. And only remember 1 time I was getting slightly frustrated. Maybe I was very lucky but most of the times I only had like 2-3 normal eggs, before getting a golden one. The first time preparing for Rhyino imprint, I actually got a golden egg after just 1x 5 fish kills. But I do vaguely remember with testing out golden egg farm constructions in SP in the distant past that I had to get like 5-7ish+ drops at least before getting a golden egg. But then again, nothing really time constuming...

On 7/26/2023 at 10:47 PM, MMaas said:

Yes. I've bred a bunch. Some of them picked up as shoulder pet, others taken in pods to new hunting grounds.

Not what I mean.  Typical ark animals will have a chance of pooping or dropping an egg when unpodded right away.  I was asking if doing that had any effect on hesperonis since that works for other animals.

3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Not what I mean.  Typical ark animals will have a chance of pooping or dropping an egg when unpodded right away.  I was asking if doing that had any effect on hesperonis since that works for other animals.

It drops occasional eggs that way but for gold I think you reraly need the fish hunting.