I have been looking at these votes for a while and I've noticed that a lot of good creatures have been left behind, and several ones people feel like should be staple examples for being added regardless of creature Votes. Like the Gorgonopsid, the Nothosaurus and other sauropods, Raptors or raptorlike relatives, the Deinocheirus (Which Is so liked by many dinosaur lovers I'm sure it will get in at some point) etc.

I realized that the Free DLC Maps we've been getting since Lost Island have gotten 3 new true dinos each (true because crystal Isles had wyverns but those were variants of a new variant of wyvern...arguably not even a new creature and the tropeo which was a pathetic half baked reskinned Tapejara.

If they did why not give the old maps the same treatment, we don't need to try so hard to adhere to themes and the style of the map when many of these maps are built to be enjoyed with multiple types of content anyway or as hubs even. I wish for a dedicated enhanced Aberration Map or a 2nd chance for Genesis's cool creatures and biomes eve if the devs failed it, everytime I see new free dlc maps but I know it's unlikely to happen. So why not give those some love by giving them not 1, but maybe 2 or even 3 new dinos to populate them and flesh out their unique biomes, ecosystems and themes. For those that got only one, or none at all, especially, this would be a great opportunity to breathe new life into them as they're getting refurbished In the new version.

What would be cooler than getting on The Center on ASA and realizing you have a the brand new Nothosaurus, and 2 other dinos to tame now? This could encourage players who have never played on it to go try it. Or make it more appealing to old ones. Other good ideas for that map would be a new unique flier or pterosaur perhaps, a Raptor relative, hadrosaur or sauropod reflecting the original dinosaur heavy theme of Ark before fantasy creatures and many pre-dinosaur animals were added like Lystros.

Valguero could also use some more stuff, the map feels a bit empty imo, but preference aside it only has the Deinonychus, it'd be a good map to add another spinosaurid or a medium sized carnivore like Ceratosaurus, or even the Deinocheirus.

Ragnarok could have had another added, but I will say I'm both dissatisfied and glad we got the Gigantoraptor, disappointed because it wasn't on Scorched, where I argue it fits better for just a pure Scorched map than just the biome, but that it likely won out because the Fasolsuchus won the Scorched one. Leaving it out from actually the map I feel would have suited it better. I think the stranded nature Scorched makes you feel suited the purpose and strengths of the Gigantoraptor better as well as several other creatures in the vote like Sivatherium, the Cheetah, Maevia Eureka (The jumping spider) and even the Armadillosuchus which could have just been toned down and I guarantee would not be as busted as its concepts were showing. The devs may hit with the accuracy of a drunk king Kong trying to swing at the empire state building with a bus without falling over but 50/50 the monkey gets his pinata. Unless your the Fasolasuchus in which they absolutely threw that thing in a flaming dumpster and gave up imo. They totally skipped on the sand sailboat saddle concept for a probably big, slow, status effect cameo for a new acid ability. Like we needed that.

Crystal Isles may have its wyverns and Tropeo but they leave a lot to be desired, if any map needs interesting semi aquatic, fantasy themed and crazy dinos it's that map.

That's why I think these votes should give the devs the incentive to add more creatures. They already added 2 (3, really if you count the Fenrirs) on their own for Lost Island and Fjordur, just have the winner for the vote win like usual, but have the devs get the ideas from the top 10 or something. While I know that'd be controversial on its own since I know lots of people don't want the devs to have that kind of say as to what other creatures get added like that, there could be other ways including 2nd place and 3rd place rounds afterwards. So that people don't only get the first 3 highest winners and can calculate and figure out what they like the most if something loses after the last.

Another way to implement these creatures that may be done by the community anyway is mods. Obviously. You'd think I'm stupid for suggesting it. But I'm talking about how Jurassic World Evolution does it. Like how they sell dinosaur packs for the game. Or like the Sims do it. The reason is they are fully made and tailored for the parameters for the game but are additional content, meaning you don't have to use them if you don't want to. Because these are optional DLC they would not appear on official servers and would require hosting or joining one or playing Singleplayer. These creatures would be optional content that are made specifically for the game to be enhanced if enabled. Preserving original Ark while letting people choose to add more things in a style that fits with Ark without needing to rely on a modder knowing or understanding this.

I know I probably just sound like a person who is annoyed so many creatures from the votes fall away and only one gets in while I love so many of the dino concepts but it truly is a desire to see more dinos actually fitting with Arks values in terms of stats and the way the creatures work as opposed to most modded creatures being op or on the stronger side of the food chain. While I really hope they give us tools to adjust stats of all spawns for species and toggles for things like Alphas (including one's we don't have, Alpha Vanilla Therizinos anyone?) Teks and other variants including disabling annoyances like the purposeless Titanosaur and maybe even spiders for arachnophobics, this is a way those creative and administrative tools could be expressed.

Edited by Luux

• Luux changed the title to Should Creature Votes Add 2-3 for Free DLC Maps? & How a 2nd Chance Could Come

No. Not a participation trophy. But i do think we should get more dinos eventually for these maps. Even if it doesn't happen the first time. I just thought it'd be nice and be a good way to bring more stuff to the maps like that. While also wanting more customizability for the creatures we have and seeing an opportunity in the creature Votes.

I understand this likely won't be the case but it doesn't mean there aren't good ideas.

Looking at it like its just trying to console those who didn't get the creatures in is kinda just ignoring the rest of the points that i made for the purpose of making the content for Ark Better. The part involving voted creatures is only like a third of it. If Carchar got added in just cause people wanted it to so bad there's literally no excuse btw for then to not do it for others. It doesn't matter what excuse because there's no reason for it to be the exception. The only conceivable thing that could even come close is so it'd stop showing up in votes where actual interesting ideas besides the same dinosaur over and over whether or not it did fit the map vote if it's a specific one. 

This has been a thorn in the side of the votes and thankfully people have voted majority for not just repeat creatures, at least over time.

Unfortunately the argument is invalid due to the fact that many creatures still pop up that are doing this but it's gotten far less common overtime. Instead of 4 or so of the same creatures if not more running in the vote its now 2-3 that even see the top 10s.

I'm hoping they'll add more creatures into the game and am sure they will. It also happens that many of these do appear as popular in the votes because people who like dinosaurs and Ark love these animals. So even if they didn't reference the votes they will probably end up adding Gorgopsid, Nothosaurus, Deinochierus, Ceratosaurus, etc. The list goes on.

I also would like to be able to not need to get new dinos from voting only. Which I hope was not their plan. I really hope I'm right in assuming it's not and they wouldn't just drop ASA as soon as it's out and mostly half attempt it. They kinda need it to not bomb. A lot of us would like it to not bomb. Even if many people would make popcorn to watch.

2 hours ago, Luux said:

No. Not a participation trophy. But i do think we should get more dinos eventually for these maps.

If you're serious about this you should submit it to the Suggestions forum. A discussion in the General forum won't ever get noticed by WildCard, but if people vote for your suggestion they might think about it.