39 minutes ago, emaaa said:

The creature is the most amazing inaect that i've ever seen in ark, but the problem is that i hate the ark insect's

lucky for you it's not an Insect it's an Arachnid, related to insects through the Arthropods Subgroup in the Invertebrates Kingdom of Animals, if that sets your mind at ease lol

Edited by Kage360
spell check

1 hour ago, Fox1325 said:

I like the creature but it look too horrific to be in Ark ... It's gonna give nightmares to so many people

I mean Nightmare is in the Title, and I see Aberration with 3 words Weird Alien and terrifying, which is the words my team and I stuck with when we designed our submissions look, do keep in mind though devs will make their own design if it wins

15 minutes ago, Arkbestpro said:

When I first saw chimerarachne yingi I was a bit skeptical but know I'd say a tie between Chimerarachne yingi and Maevia eureka

I wish we could have both, they're both great in their own right, however personally if I had to choose one it'd be quite obvious I'd go with the Yingi since my team and I submitted it lol, I feel that a big scary spider fits in a little better with Aberration

36 minutes ago, Kage360 said:

I mean Nightmare is in the Title, and I see Aberration with 3 words Weird Alien and terrifying, which is the words my team and I stuck with when we designed our submissions look, do keep in mind though devs will make their own design if it wins

I personally think that Aberration is more oppressive than terrifying. Except the Reaper which is terrifying, everything else is kinda 'normal'. Rock drake and basilisk can surprise you but aren't terrifying. And light pets are cute :D

image.jpeg.28e9c1b0251883531ebe328e347db089.jpeg

But this spider is great whatever the map. This spider can also fit genesis very well with the hypnosis ability (same kind of ability as the noglin) :)

On 7/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, Kage360 said:

I understand not everyone is a fan of spiders but if it does win there could always be a mod or settings available to you to disable it, that is unless you play official, I play Unofficial and I have a deep fear of Leeches and Lampreys so I've had them disabled for years

Yes, i play unofficial too, but- i´m not the owner.. and along with 50+ other players, there is no way to disable them.. and no i don´t want to play SP or start my own cluster ^^ it´s a nice creature, just not for me :D

• Like 1

I love chimerarachne yingi, it's concept fits with aberration's creepy scheme. It's  unique taming method is very intriguing and its ability to shoot webs that it can climb on, I'd say that Chimerarachne yingi is a Karkinos and Rock drake combined but much better. Definitely putting at the top of my votes, can't wait to use it on aberration when it wins.

Edited by Arkbestpro
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, Incubusted said:

This is awesome but I feel this would be better implemented on Gen2 in the Rockwell area.

We built it specifically for Aberration if it doesn't win though Gen 2 is one of the maps we plan to resubmit, Gen 1 and Exinction too but suggested Abilities might need a little rework, not really sure about submitting on the non cannon maps though

3 hours ago, Akarulez said:

This is also a really cool design. Aberration's atmosphere is pretty creepy and dark enough to allow this type of creature can have a "home" inside. On top of that we only have Reapers like this design in Aberration so having another creepy like this in red zone and the surface would be awesome.

Thank you so much for your kind words 😊 while we're aiming for the Blue Zone for the main spawn red zone isn't too bad of an idea either for the Yingi to be wandering about, as for the design we leaned heavily into Aberration's Alien/Terrifying type of Vibe, after all the devs did ask for creatures match the theme of the map, and we think this design perfectly matches that criteria

Edited by Kage360
spelling check
  • Like 1