Suggestion

0brqrcqk1z-MxX6Pc2Lefsobosyj0ozQwoHZy8v2eJWpccpMEN4A92UTZmFRavo1TQ9fdByOzqC8F-gNvXSV84a4abJa1kWyIXPDgZ-JmDuHAbMhAHCQ-SRuhSiu5LgBn0NFN5MFFWRYWxF-gPxd1Wg

ifIhbOFVM2nPERs6CTj87WNW94Xw8emuIZHNTgeCeSes_HtuvCWuldXRm92w_0oYAigidvzfwWOpHh9yVKvB_zGg0Ve_NsT3IvMvXWr5AJdr8xnyd9FI7P68RqaFvYOr0k_9vR_QLx32V8yZLYZ9-7c

Lobster Art commissioned from RiskyBiscuits, Dossier Sketches commissioned from Lapis. Dossier by Me.

NOTE: This was originally going to be submitted for future Genesis 1 & Center Votes but i Thought it would fit well on Ab because it brought the Giant Crab so Why not have a Giant Lobster there as well. Some abilities may seem out of place but they can be edited to fit map or be brought over to others through transfers.

Giant Lobster

Pemphix Gigantstation

Time: Triassic

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild

Just when i thought the ARK’s Oceans were terrifying enough, I come across this oversized Lobster I’m calling Pemphix Gigantstation. This oversized Giant Lobster has two unique claws, one for grabbing & one for stabbing. It grabs its prey with its grabbing claw before stabbing them with its more sharper claw. When it isn’t walking along the ocean floor, it can be seen occasionally buried in the sands on of beaches with the only their antenna sticking out of the sand. Survivors must not approach a buried Lobster unless they plan to tame one.

Domesticated

If you managed to tame this Giant Lobster, you’ll find that this Giant Crustacean has some incredible utility both inside & outside of combat. In Combat, The Giant Lobster can use its powerful claws to grab creatures up to the size of rex and stab them with its sharp claw and if you are lucky, can even dismount riders from their tames. It also plays a support role in the Ocean by being your Ocean Version of the Daeodon being able to heal all of your Ocean creatures. It also has incredible mobility being able to walk the ocean floor, swim, and even climb surfaces with the help of its powerful claws.

Abilities:

Left Click: Claw Attack (Becomes jab attack if holding a target)

Right Click: Grab (Press again to release)

C: Healing (Only can be used in Underwater (if it wins vote, it can use it on land and water)

Lobster Compared to Karkinos

The Giant Lobster is more combat based that Aberration’s Giant Crab. While both can carry creatures, The Lobster can only carry one compared to Karkinos being able to to carry two with the Lobster able to carry much large creatures Compared to Karkinos

Unlike Karkinos, The Lobster is able to Swim. It’s also a lot slower than Karkinos when walking/sprinting and it cannot jump while Karkinos can.

The Lobster has more Damage output & Health than Karkinos.

Taming: You need to let The Giant Lobster Grab you with its Claw and before it stabs you with its sharp claw, feed it Extraoridnary Kibble where it will drop you and become passive for a little bit before becoming aggressive again. Repeat until Tamed

Saddle: Lv 75

Pros: Bulkier & Stronger than Karkinos, Ocean version of Daeodon, Can Climb on Surfaces, can carry bigger creatures compared to Karkinos

Cons: Slower than Crab in walking/sprinting, while swimming it's not a fast as some of the ocean’s fastest swimmers, Can only carry one creature compared to Karkinos carrying two, can’t jump while Karkinos can, while it can climb, its not winning any marathons

40 replies to this server topic

My enjoyment depends on how big this creature would be. If it's the same size as a reaper, karkinos, basilisk, rock drake, or spino, that just sounds boring. If it's around roll rat size, that'll be something interesting.  A large lobster/crawfish really does fit Aberration. Can maybe even have it make big crawfish mounds, like what the casteroides already do with dams. 

I think this is a decent idea for Ab. But I'd like to discuss the abilities a bit for it.

The carry limits if the Wiki is correct, for Karkinos is Stegos, Thylas, Roll Rats, Sarco and Therizino. If you go much further past that it would get ridiculous unless the Lobster was Megalodon sized or bigger, which I think would be a worse option. We need more useful medium and small aquatic dinos.

If it did carry dinos. I think the size of it in the dossier is the best. Plus there's no reason it can't be strong, it's a Lobster. My problem is it shouldn't be picking things up the size of Rexes. Maybe just slightly bigger and heavier than the Crab, considering the Quetzal can pick up things it can't, and it could pick up aquatic creatures too.

Quetz can pick up - Mammoth, Rhino, Megatherium, Morellatops, Chalicotherium, etc, and Allos too I think. So depending on drag weight maybe this could be a contender that might be able to manhandle Megalosaurus and other medium sized high damage targets as well as counter bleeds and other cheese status effects by its healing abilities 

I know that Daeodons can use magic healing circles and we have literally unicorns, Griffins and magical body oil liopluerodons that give you luck powers but we should really consider WHY the Lobster heals things and how it is able to as opposed to just saying it does. We can figure this out better by looking at the biology of them irl.

Lobsters, like many creatures of their place in the great tree of evolution still retain the ancient superpower of regeneration, while not quite as versatile and effective as those of creatures like Sea Cucumbers or Axolotls, which can regrow anything from their organs to their bones and limbs, it is still a factor you could totally incorporate into their kit and psuedo lore for the dossier and concept.

Another fact is that lobsters get bigger as they grow older, sort of how dinosaurs might have just kept growing in some cases and depended more on natural causes and limits of biological organisms to end them. Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to find different sizes of Lobster that could even be more common in different parts and enable them a degree of variation while having the opportunity to even grant them differing levels of strength or abilities? There's a mod in Ark that does something like this called Krakens Better Dinos and it let's Hyenadon be found in multiple sizes, with the biggest being rideable.

With this you could do a few more things with the Lobster concept.

One is giving them the healing ability that helps rapidly heal recent injuries, perhaps after taking damage from a status effect, the healing regeneration starts up much stronger once the effect expires and let's it recover hp much quicker. This is how it's natural regeneration abilities can be used for itself.

Aura Healing - One way you could turn this into a healing ability is that it could disperse nutrient rich debris into the water after it has consumed a corpse. Only tamed ones would do this. This passive ability from eating corpses could help turn the ruins of a battle into a healing opportunity. Many lobsters are a part of keeping the ecosystem of their habitat clean, by eating dead or decaying animal matter and such, therefore by eating the dead bodies and leftover bits the environments leave around. Being the equivalent of a supportive Argentavis that can swim. After eating the corpse it would leave behind the particles of healing nutrients in the water around it for a few seconds, around 5-15 based on the size of the corpse it ate. This would bring a minor regeneration buff to anything in its radius, not a large enough one to be ridiculous but enough considering water creatures and the full range of motion in a spherical range around it. This ability could also be triggered by toggling a mode similar to the Magmasaur where it uses up food to smelt but like the Daeodon instead, albeit slowing it as opposed to the post battle healing from corpse eating. Here you could feed it Meats and depending on the quality it would restore different rates of hp to dinos around it.

Rotten Meat - 15 hp/tick

Raw Meat/Raw Fish - 25 hp/tick

Prime Meats - 40 hp/tick

Mutton - 100 hp/tick

Sea Dino Trophies (Megalodon Tooth, Basil Blubber, Tuso Tentacles) - Causes a burst of healing that restores 250 hp instantly and another 100 per tick for 10 seconds. This has a cooldown and acts like a minor Veggie cake to the Lobster, cd shared with Alpha Trophies.

Alpha Sea Creature Trophy - This causes an intense Aura of healing that quickly restores 500 hp per tick for 10 seconds. Able to heal anything in its radius for 5000 hp. This has a longer cooldown that triggers the cooldown of the normal Trophies as well, although theirs is shorter an will finish sooner, using one of them would not trigger the cooldown of the Alpha Trophy unless it is below half its cooldown.

Healing Items - Another way to utilize the healing is to use the Sci fi aspect of Ark and use a natural resource of the Lobsters in some way to produce a booster serum for healing, this would work by either using something it generates in its inventory, killing them and using a specific trophy like drop or their meat, or by even equipping them with a scuba medic saddle that allows you to utilize that natural resource or whatever is left from when it uses its healing to store and use for later. Like an ambulance and lifeguard with a scuba tank suit that stores heal juice. Yep. Sadle that's more believeable than most things they come up with for Ark. 

As for the Healing Item. It could be an advanced serum you have to normally make at a Chemistry Bench. Or something you can harvest early even by killing one and using the raw material to make cooked Lobster Meat or claws or something and it could be a more healing food that gives you regeneration as well as the decent boost to hp you normally get from eating cooked meat, maybe even for your dinos too. The Serum would work like a booster shot that restores hp quickly, about 50-100. Over no more than 5 seconds. It's strength is it has a lower cooldown than Blood Packs, and restores quicker than Healing potions from the cooking pot, but it drains Stamina. None at first, but as you use it more and more it can shock your system into unconsciousness if used too much. The cooldown is 5 seconds so it can't be spammed while active. You could even craft this into some sort of dart if you felt like it wouldn't be broken. One use that could be good for the Lobster Meat/Healing Serum could be healing wounded knockout tames, after taking them down you could force feed them this and be able to restore some of their HP. Maybe Lobster Meat could even be a favorite food for something in the future.

Blocking/Shielding - It could also play to the strength of its shell and use the healing ability in tandem with its armor to make mitigation mechanics. Lobsters and Crustaceans irl are intelligent enough to actually be able to anticipate pain. What if it could use this ability to intercept attacks for the protection of just not itself but other allies? That huge grasping claw could be used to parry attacks that are physical or block the full effectiveness of Noxious and launched projectiles like the Basilisk spit and the Reaper barbs. Maybe it could even be able to shield whatever its holding as a special ability like a buckler or a living shield and be able to prevent any damage done to it at the cost of putting itself in harms way, and maybe reduced movement speed? This would make it a superb rescue creature for things you are trying to tame or allied creatures/players. Therefore playing into its support role.

Burrowing - I know a lot of creature lately have had burrowing abilities but I think it would be a nice idea to consider since Lobsters iften reside in crags, crevices and burrows irl. What if they could even dig a special structure burrow that they can use to store things, hide in, and return to. Maybe even able to store and look after baby water dinos? Sort of like a natural fishing basket that they can flee too or be contained in, with fishing baskets as well too perhaps. I'd not they could simply burrow into the ground (underwater primarily, the point of why it's diffierent) and be able to hide from predators, sneak attack prey and regenerate its Stamina, hp etc. They would burrow into one place and not tunnel like other creatures do. I think they would fit with a lot of the other digging creatures that already exist on Ab.

With all these ideas. I think the Lobster should suit the role of a bulky, not quite past medium sized and relatively versatile semi aquatic tame that can act as a lifeguard and utility tame. Not as mobile and more adapted to water than the crab. But it's capable of seriously saving something that is in danger and even potentially healing them directly, or being able to help synthesize a compound that can accelerate healing.

On 7/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, DragonHorse said:

0brqrcqk1z-MxX6Pc2Lefsobosyj0ozQwoHZy8v2eJWpccpMEN4A92UTZmFRavo1TQ9fdByOzqC8F-gNvXSV84a4abJa1kWyIXPDgZ-JmDuHAbMhAHCQ-SRuhSiu5LgBn0NFN5MFFWRYWxF-gPxd1Wg

ifIhbOFVM2nPERs6CTj87WNW94Xw8emuIZHNTgeCeSes_HtuvCWuldXRm92w_0oYAigidvzfwWOpHh9yVKvB_zGg0Ve_NsT3IvMvXWr5AJdr8xnyd9FI7P68RqaFvYOr0k_9vR_QLx32V8yZLYZ9-7c

Lobster Art commissioned from RiskyBiscuits, Dossier Sketches commissioned from Lapis. Dossier by Me.

NOTE: This was originally going to be submitted for future Genesis 1 & Center Votes but i Thought it would fit well on Ab because it brought the Giant Crab so Why not have a Giant Lobster there as well. Some abilities may seem out of place but they can be edited to fit map or be brought over to others through transfers.

Giant Lobster

Pemphix Gigantstation

Time: Triassic

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild

Just when i thought the ARK’s Oceans were terrifying enough, I come across this oversized Lobster I’m calling Pemphix Gigantstation. This oversized Giant Lobster has two unique claws, one for grabbing & one for stabbing. It grabs its prey with its grabbing claw before stabbing them with its more sharper claw. When it isn’t walking along the ocean floor, it can be seen occasionally buried in the sands on of beaches with the only their antenna sticking out of the sand. Survivors must not approach a buried Lobster unless they plan to tame one.

Domesticated

If you managed to tame this Giant Lobster, you’ll find that this Giant Crustacean has some incredible utility both inside & outside of combat. In Combat, The Giant Lobster can use its powerful claws to grab creatures up to the size of rex and stab them with its sharp claw and if you are lucky, can even dismount riders from their tames. It also plays a support role in the Ocean by being your Ocean Version of the Daeodon being able to heal all of your Ocean creatures. It also has incredible mobility being able to walk the ocean floor, swim, and even climb surfaces with the help of its powerful claws.

Abilities:

Left Click: Claw Attack (Becomes jab attack if holding a target)

Right Click: Grab (Press again to release)

C: Healing (Only can be used in Underwater (if it wins vote, it can use it on land and water)

Lobster Compared to Karkinos

The Giant Lobster is more combat based that Aberration’s Giant Crab. While both can carry creatures, The Lobster can only carry one compared to Karkinos being able to to carry two with the Lobster able to carry much large creatures Compared to Karkinos

Unlike Karkinos, The Lobster is able to Swim. It’s also a lot slower than Karkinos when walking/sprinting and it cannot jump while Karkinos can.

The Lobster has more Damage output & Health than Karkinos.

Taming: You need to let The Giant Lobster Grab you with its Claw and before it stabs you with its sharp claw, feed it Extraoridnary Kibble where it will drop you and become passive for a little bit before becoming aggressive again. Repeat until Tamed

Saddle: Lv 75

Pros: Bulkier & Stronger than Karkinos, Ocean version of Daeodon, Can Climb on Surfaces, can carry bigger creatures compared to Karkinos

Cons: Slower than Crab in walking/sprinting, while swimming it's not a fast as some of the ocean’s fastest swimmers, Can only carry one creature compared to Karkinos carrying two, can’t jump while Karkinos can, while it can climb, its not winning any marathons

Amazing 😍

I really do love this guy and I would love to see different variants of them ingame! I wanted to throw an alternative taming suggestion out there, similar to what crabs do

Crabs will, when turned over, be hypnotized, they go into a sleep state so I was wondering if an alternative taming method could be the lobster could either be shoved and could tip over, and when tipped over you get a certain amount of time to feed it before it goes concious again, and if it catches you as it's turning back over, well you'd be in for a world of hurt! This might be worse but I just wanted to throw that out there! ❤️