Community Crunch 369: Gigantoraptor Concept, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

7 hours ago, doverbeach said:

Many of the "people who cling to wanting a free game" have already given WC plenty of money.....for the same game and content. And don't even get me started as to what constitutes a pretty decent price for what is now officially an early access game.

Well don't give WC more money then. You're free to never buy ASA, it's not like there's a gun to your head.
The EA part, though, is a fair argument, and I respect people who make it. Given how Ark got its start, I don't know that it's a grounded expectation, but that doesn't make it less legitimate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maria064 said:

But What happens when ARK 2 is released . Will they shut down ASA then too?? 

Based on what they said,  ARK ASA is not just a game to fill the time between ARK ASE and ARK 2.

but they realized ARK 2 is not completely similar to ARK 1, and many people might not like ARK 2 even if they loved ARK 1.

So they came up with ARK ASA which would remake ASE into a Next Gen Modern Game that they can support for another ~8 years or so alongside ARK 2.

So the people who like ARK 1's game play can still play  a better ARK 1 through ASA for the years to come and they also will keep up updating ARK 1 even after ARK 2 come out.

At least that's what they said their plan is atm.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FOSKITOS said:

anyway can someone tell me when are the official servers going to shutdown? Heard that ASA got delayed so I don’t even know at this point.

Sure ! They announced just last week that the ASE official network would shut down on September 30th. They also discuss the delay in the same Community Crunch.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, doverbeach said:

Many of the "people who cling to wanting a free game" have already given WC plenty of money.....for the same game and content. And don't even get me started as to what constitutes a pretty decent price for what is now officially an early access game.

Nonsense. Ark has given me more playtime for under $150 than nearly 50+ other games I’ve played combined.

There are titles that charge $60 for 10-15 hours of content. I’ve spent over a hundred hours just breeding Dimorphodons…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1