Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 7/3/2023 at 1:54 PM, Saffor said:

I don't know about you, but I for sure will not be spending a single cent on premium mods because it pisses me off that all they think off is how they can get more money out of it when mods are not even their work while we are past several announced ARK2 release dates and literally have NOTHING now, no ARK2 (was it completely scrapped btw or what is going on with it?), no ASA in time, no future for A:SE official servers. All we have are some ridiculous "here is a texture of how a tree or this and that will look like" images and the promise that we will have to pay again to continue playing ARK, while you can bet that there will be total pillar spam everywhere once and if any ASA server launches at all just to do it all again. This all looks more and more like one of those "crowd-founded fancy community made MMO" scams to me that feed off giving people some nostalgia vibes.

And I also had my share in reporting Gen2 issue, especially when people started blocking the boss terminal for weeks on an official server and all I got was a "it is a deprecated legacy server" answer for a - by that time - 1 year old Gen2 server from a paid DLC instead of some admin just logging in and removing the effing dinos from the plattform.

disgusting that even you also reported crash reports and nothing was done about it! just goes to show you how useless the report system is.

With them profiting off someone's mod idea/creation is pretty disgusting in of itself, not to mention mod is option on Ark Survival evolved, and I legit cannot even stand it. For how long it takes to join a modded server every time even with a decent system is ridiculous.  Mods take forever to download and constant glitch out / stop downloading and have to retry joining the server sometimes even over an hour just trying to log into a mod server. The fact that we paid for that feature and never once was improved or fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL.. expected nothing less.. I'm betting a December release is closer to reality, maybe even Feb, if they where even remotely close to releasing they would be showing in game screenshots, not UE5 asset screenshots that anyone with any experience in modelling can render in a few minutes.

Can we just hurry up with getting the damn saves sorted so those of us who want to jump ship can do so without mindlessly refreshing bases for an additional 30 days while we wait.

Edited by Sausagedog85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 7/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, GP said:

$40 for base game +5 DLCs is a pretty decent price.

Not when we already paid for all of them once. Maybe if they had a different price for current owners and brand new players, people would be a little more okay with it. Also, like was said earlier, we all want Ark 1.5 to be good, but feel that it will release late and still not work right.

• Like 2