Rhyniognatha Nerf

NanoTrev

I'm not going to go on a huge rant- but Rhynio was pretty nice. Not amazing but it sure wasn't terrible.

I worked pretty hard to get nice stats on my bug and as of today he's... much less than he was before. Honestly, I'm probably going to wait until ASA drops instead of continuing any more work with ASE.

A slight damage buff for melee strikes would sure be nice to balance it out. Nothing wild. Just enough to do more than 300 a pop with 42 points total into melee. Perhaps a base damage of Rex? Slightly below? I don't know- because this most recent nerf was rough for what you have to do to tame them and still get a dice roll on if you'll get the stats from the parent or the surrogate. lol

Edit:
I guess it's only two more months if ASA releases on time, but here's to the folks that are still going to be playing until the end. I'd also make the suggestion that in the future it would be wiser to under-tune things than over-tune them and then gradually bring them into line with a few buffs here and there. I'm not a game dev, but it would make me happier in the long run to just see a string of small buffs instead of hearing the death rattle of anything that the nerf bat finds.

Edited by NanoTrev
  • Thanks 1

One could even make the ranged attacks scale with melee- and then bump the base damage if the speed nerfs stays. If Rhynio is going to be slow you might as well give it some means of fighting back. Its speed was the core of its suite if abilities. Now, it's just the world's slowest fight to the death where the Rhynio loses more often than not.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 hours ago, NanoTrev said:

I'd also make the suggestion that in the future it would be wiser to under-tune things than over-tune them and then gradually bring them into line with a few buffs here and there. I'm not a game dev, but it would make me happier in the long run to just see a string of small buffs instead of hearing the death rattle of anything that the nerf bat finds.

The infamous Ghostcrawler from the old WoW days knew this to be true. Players love buffs, they hate nerfs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Я не понимаю, почему вы нервничали I don't understand why you fixed the rhiniognath in speed, now no one needs it at all, it doesn't have normal damage, it has useless abilities with fixed damage and the only thing it stood out for was grapp and because of this it was considered an imba because no creature can grab super-large creatures, if you want to lose speed, do it's like a skiff-the bigger the creature in its paws, the lower the speed, in fact, after your fix, nothing has changed because at short distances it is still as fast, but the developers are moving around the map on it now full of torment, listen and return the speed of the rhiniognate many players are indignant about this

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 5:23 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

The infamous Ghostcrawler from the old WoW days knew this to be true. Players love buffs, they hate nerfs. 

This is entirely dependent on the quality of your Quality Assurance team.

Never forget, WC released Abberation without even standing the Mek in front of a turret wall. It released with Meks not being detected by turrets at all. The Megalosaurus which was paramount to the egg could not even lay fertilized eggs on release. 

Expecting WC to foresee the ramifications of their additions is to me, at this point in time, naive. WC still does not understand their own game in the slightest.

On 6/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, alpe0504 said:

Yes please revert the speed change. Everything else what evs it's not a main fighter etc. It was nice having an additional high end flying creature option that I could pick as a change when going out from the base.

yeah the speed nerf was unnecessary. there are other tweaks they did that are enough.