Jumping Spider Creature Submission

armymp3728

There is no reason why the jumping spider shouldn't have made the top ten vote....there should be no down vote button because people abuse that just like they would if you could vote for the same one multiple times. People were down voting the idea based on their own opinions of how it would "break" the game. First, these are suggestions to the Devs who would modify the creature to keep it from "breaking" the game. We need more dinosaur option for knocking out wild dinos which are more mid and late game playable. Please look into this issue and remove the down vote button for the next submission thanks. 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:26 AM, armymp3728 said:

there should be no down vote button because people abuse that just like they would if you could vote for the same one multiple times.

God no that's stupid. People have the right to express whether or not they like or dislike a submission rather than being forced into a hugbox where they can only give positive votes. Claiming it's all abuse just because you don't like the outcome doesn't mean it's actually abuse.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 6/14/2023 at 10:26 AM, armymp3728 said:

There is no reason why the jumping spider shouldn't have made the top ten vote....there should be no down vote button because people abuse that just like they would if you could vote for the same one multiple times. 

Downvoting doesn't affect the actual creature vote at all. You can't downvote the creature submission. You can downvote other people's suggestions. That doesn't do or mean anything other than showing how many people disagree with the post.

And, you can't upvote the creature multiple times. Just one vote per person.

Edited by Joebl0w13

There is no reason why the jumping spider shouldn't have made the top ten vote...

Yes there is, it wasn't popular enough. That's how something gets into the top 10, by being more popular.

Just because you liked it doesn't mean other people have to.

there should be no down vote button because people abuse that just like they would if you could vote for the same one multiple times.

People have the right to like or dislike whatever they want to. You have the right to like the spider, other people have the right to dislike it. Down votes are just as valid as up votes. It's just as important to know what people dislike as it is to know what they like.

People were down voting the idea based on their own opinions

Yeah, that's how voting works, because obviously.

Please look into this issue and remove the down vote button for the next submission thanks. 

There is no issue, you're just mad because your choice didn't make it. Welcome to voting.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Makes you a little sad you have to actually say this doesn't it?

Such is life in the participation trophy era. People would rather there be no negatives or at least be unaware of them than accept the idea of loss. Back in my day we took the loss on the chin and kept going. [insert old man cane waving here]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Such is life in the participation trophy era. People would rather there be no negatives or at least be unaware of them than accept the idea of loss. Back in my day we took the loss on the chin and kept going. [insert old man cane waving here]

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with the participation trophy era, it's always been with us. Look how many people there are who vehemently criticize the concept of participation trophies but who somehow fail to understand their candidate lost the last election. The Venn diagram between those two demographics (participation trophy deniers and elections deniers) has an incredible degree of overlap.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with the participation trophy era, it's always been with us. Look how many people there are who vehemently criticize the concept of participation trophies but who somehow fail to understand their candidate lost the last election. The Venn diagram between those two demographics (participation trophy deniers and elections deniers) has an incredible degree of overlap.

Guess we'll chalk it up to human nature then. Still I can't help but feel like it happens more now than it did when I was younger. Granted it may just be I didn't notice it being as prevalent then

19 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Guess we'll chalk it up to human nature then. Still I can't help but feel like it happens more now than it did when I was younger. Granted it may just be I didn't notice it being as prevalent then

Well, we do seem to have more people disconnected from reality now than we did 20 years ago (see above: election deniers). But regarding someone being unhappy because they didn't get what they want in a video game, or some other non-important thing, it's always been there just as much as now. Like you said, human nature.