Completely disable creative mode

TheMandibull

I am curious to know if there is a command line option for the main game executable to completely remove the ability to enable creative mode. Basically my nephews seem to play the game almost non stop, but they just enable creative mode all the time, even when its disabled for them, they just scroll through the options and tick the box then load into the game and activate creative mode in the menu for thier single player games.

I would like it if we could completely remove it from the game using a command line option so that when they load in they cant even see the option to enable it at all.

Note: they are not playing on dedicated servers, they only play LAN games or single player. Its just annoying that they refuse to play without creative mode enabled because they just dont want to have it as a survival game at all.

If there is a command line option to completely remove it from the game I have been unable to find it in the wikis. If anyone knows of a way either via command line or editing the default config to remove the option so it cannot be activated even in single player that would be helpful.

Does it really matter how they enjoy the game? Sure they may be missing out on the survival aspect, but then again it might be something frustrating instead of enjoyable for them. I mean the whole point is to provide the options for players to customise their gaming experience to their liking and how they do that is their responsibility. Forcing a certain playstyle is rarely a good thing

They used to love playing it the normal way, but since they found out about creative mode they just use that all the time so they dont have to eat, drink, farm materials, and they can fast track them selves to bosses. Basically they like the game, but dont because there is a way to turn off the challege, that is what they do. My sister really hates that they play the game like this, which is the only reason I am asking in case there was a way but I didnt know about it.

I have told her if she doesnt want her kids to spend all thier time on Ark using creative mode one thing she can do is remove it from thier computers (her kids are still young enough for her to want to control it).

3 hours ago, TheMandibull said:

I have told her if she doesnt want her kids to spend all thier time on Ark using creative mode one thing she can do is remove it from thier computers (her kids are still young enough for her to want to control it).

No, there is no way to remove creative mode from single-player. The only option would be for you to create a dedicated server that you are the administrator for and you let them log in to it.

Keep in mind, when you play ARK without creative mode it takes much, Much (MUCH) longer to play, this game can be a massive time sink. If her goal is to make her kids hate the game so they stop playing then she just needs to control their playing time. Creative mode is not the issue here.

• Like 1