what should I Breed?

Stewbawl

Hello Everyone,

I'm not new to breeding, but I've just joined a new cluster and progressed to the point where I'm ready to start breeding something with the intent of mutating it.  

the cluster seems friendly and the last boss fight i went on several others went with and brought along dinos that were well mutated.  I'm aware that on the cluster a few people have already mutated Rexes, Megatheriums, Yutyranus, and Ferrox.  I'd like to work on something that hasn't already been done so that I'm contributing in a way.  

1)  what's another dino that would be useful for boss fights?

2) what's another dino that maybe isn't as useful, but still a fun one to breed?

I'd love to hear your feedback on this.  

2 hours ago, Stewbawl said:

1)  what's another dino that would be useful for boss fights?

Therizino.  As far as I'm concerned they're better than rexes.

1) Equal to rexes in combat and...

2) More agile and maneuverable, they don't get stuck on each other nearly as much as rexes and they are much more fun for you as a rider.

3) Reduced damage from fire (Dragon boss)

4) Self-healing with veggie cakes

5) The only "down side" is that you can't self-heal by eating meat, but in reality it doesn't matter. When you consider how long it takes to self-heal using meat this doesn't matter. Self-healing with rexes using meat only matters in between boss fights, not during the fight. And even then any healing that a theri needs can be provided by daeodons between fights.

With that said, rexes have three advantages:

a) There are more of them on most maps, so it's easier to find high levels.

b) Rexes tame faster than theri's (but once you're taming with kibble the different doesn't really matter.

c) If you're using tek rexes they get the extra 30 levels before taming. Many people still use regular rexes for reason a & b, and I think that's a mistake. The only real reason to use rexes is if you're using tek rexes.

With that said, if you are going to find & tame high levels, and if you're going to start your breeding program with high stats and especially if you're going to spend all of the time and work required to add mutations to your breeding program - I think theri's are better most of the time.

2 hours ago, Stewbawl said:

2) what's another dino that maybe isn't as useful, but still a fun one to breed?

Dimorphodon's ftw.

Not for boss fights, obviously. It's pretty hard to beat having a flock of dimo's following you around the map as you explore, hunt, etc. Even without mutating, if you breed from good starter stock, a flock of dimo's end up being pretty OP for most game play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 10:04, Stewbawl said:

Hola a todos,

No soy nuevo en la reproducción, pero acabo de unirme a un nuevo grupo y progresé hasta el punto en que estoy listo para comenzar a reproducir algo con la intención de mutarlo.  

el grupo parece amigable y la última pelea de jefes en la que participé, varios otros fueron y trajeron dinosaurios que estaban bien mutados. Soy consciente de que en el grupo algunas personas ya han mutado Rexes, Megatheriums, Yutyranus y Ferrox. Me gustaría trabajar en algo que aún no se haya hecho para contribuir de alguna manera.  

1) ¿Cuál es otro dinosaurio que sería útil para las peleas de jefes?

2) ¿Cuál es otro dinosaurio que tal vez no sea tan útil, pero que sea divertido de criar?

Me encantaría escuchar sus comentarios sobre esto.  

1. Lo mas comun es usar: Terizinosaurus, Rex, Deinonichus, Thylacoelo, criaturas con mucha vida y un daño considerable, el resto es complementar con habilidades, criaturas que curen, que te den más daño, que den sangrado.

2. Y siempre he querido enfrentarme a algún Boss con solo Kentrosaurus, ya que devuelven el daño recibido.