Question about transferring dinos.

jackhorn01

This may be a dumb questions, please take it easy on me lol. My young son loves ark and wanted to start his own private game on crystal isles. Would love to have a mawwing there. I know it would be extremely unfair if they allowed transfers to an official server from a host non dedicated private game for obvious reasons, but is there a way to transfer them from an official to the non dedicated game?

If you are playing on steam/epic, you can export your dino information.  This can be read by ArkSmartBreeding.   That program can then export a command that will rebuild that same exact animal on your own hosted server or single player game.  You can then use a command to switch an imprint from the original character, to your character on the private game.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jackhorn01 said:

This may be a dumb questions, please take it easy on me lol. My young son loves ark and wanted to start his own private game on crystal isles. Would love to have a mawwing there. I know it would be extremely unfair if they allowed transfers to an official server from a host non dedicated private game for obvious reasons, but is there a way to transfer them from an official to the non dedicated game?

No is the short answer - but it is possible to "spawn" a Maewing into a map where the Maewing is not native. This can be done in game by bring up the console (default key is TAB on PC - I am clueless with console) and then
cheat summon MilkGlider_Character_BP_C
This should work on all versions of the game including console.

It is also possible (if you are running a PC version of the game) to fiddle with the spawn parameters in the .ini files to replace an existing Spawn with the Maewing - but that's complex. 

If this is a desire for a existing particular "pet" then GrumpyBear's answer is the only way to go (and that is also only on PC). You could however, on any platform, spawn a wild one in, force tame it, and then change the name to be what the existing pet was .....

Edited by DirkInSA