egg incubator Giant Moa - A Fast Flightless Bird with a Small Platform Saddle

Personally I have to say that it was really interesting before the modification of the dossier but now it's simply... BEAUTIFUL, you can see that you put passion into the description, even if I saw some very small imperfections but who cares, not to mention the taming I see both really interesting and unique. The funny thing is that both of our creatures are familiar with sandstorms. Keep it up man!!!!👌😜

• Like 1

Love this idea! I also have a suggestion that would make this dinosaur more worthwhile:

- WINDBREAKER: on standard conditions, the Moa is unable to fly and merely resorts to gliding in a way that resembles the terror-bird; however, amidst a sandstorm, it should be able to flow with the wind, in a similar way to what a rock drake does.

This would make the Moa the king of the desert whenever climate is on its favour, he would be an absolute nightmare to fight in the sands of scorched earth.

4 hours ago, MaltaTM said:

Love this idea! I also have a suggestion that would make this dinosaur more worthwhile:

- WINDBREAKER: on standard conditions, the Moa is unable to fly and merely resorts to gliding in a way that resembles the terror-bird; however, amidst a sandstorm, it should be able to flow with the wind, in a similar way to what a rock drake does.

This would make the Moa the king of the desert whenever climate is on its favour, he would be an absolute nightmare to fight in the sands of scorched earth.

I don't know about that idea. Moas didn't even have any visible wings or arms. I don't even see the gliding suggestion like the terrorbird, more so lessening the fall with all that fluff. 

Would be funny though seeing a giant emu Iron Maning through the sandstorms of Scorched Earth. 

I just love this idea for being simple, well thought out, and creative. Surprising how there's 3 unique weather events on Scorched Earth yet the only creature able to interact, somewhat, with them is the jerboa. It's one of those concepts I see having a very high chance for Wildcard just to copy and paste into the game, that is if the Moa wins. 

Great Moa Names: 

-Moa Mia, Give Me Some Moa, Benito Moalini, Moa Lisa, Moa Where That Came From

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NerdyGremlin said:

I don't know about that idea. Moas didn't even have any visible wings or arms. I don't even see the gliding suggestion like the terrorbird, more so lessening the fall with all that fluff. 

Would be funny though seeing a giant emu Iron Maning through the sandstorms of Scorched Earth. 

I hadn't even noticed they don't have wings, lol. I guess they can fluff their feathers out to slow their fall, like a rubbish parachute.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaltaTM said:

The only issue I have with this submission is the added taming in sandstorm mechanic. It will make it forced to Scorched and well...its not my favorite map because of the storms. 
The idea is ok but I really will not find it "fun" to tame in a sandstorm...it will actually become annoying. I like difficulty but if its obnoxious than I usually pass on the tame.
Also, if I wanted to add the code for it to spawn on other maps that do not have the sandstorms than I can not tame it. Not all of us can afford to run clustered servers.

At the end of the day, I guess modders can change those things for those reasons but it could be said the other way around as well. 

• Somes changed the title to Aepyornis Maximus "Elephant Bird" - Giant Flightless Thunderbird *Updated*

I have suggestions for the abilities compare to the main submission.

1. I think the platform will be too much for a fast travel creature. Generally, a platform comes with a high weight stat. The Moa is better suited for medium weight as it uses weight reduction. Instead, a saddle that has a built-in tent (protection from weather) and act as a mortar and pestle will be more appropriate in my opinion. That will also avoid to manage several inventories for a transport tame.

2. The incubation is already well done by the incubator and affordable. The bonus of a creature that incubates will be the mobility. So I propose that the ability of the Moa will be to recover the egg health. It will still help the incubation process as it will allow mistakes with eggs. And the ability to travel fast will help to try different places for the incubation. And when the egg hatch, a procoptodon (present on SE) can take the baby back.