BaneReaper25

17 replies to this server topic

On 4/7/2023 at 9:48 PM, BaneReaper25 said:

1200px-Concavenator_corcovatus_V2.png.2f3486b189f1ba3138edf6e5321084f3.pngOnce tamed, the Concavenator would be the ideal creature for quickly exploring the desert with its ability to travel underground. Boasting high damage and a good health pool this dinosaur could be the equivalent to the high tier Megalosaurus on Aberration. 

Possible Abilities

Fast Sand Travel - Burrowing into the ground and traveling to charge up an attack that does high damage and/or a blinding effect from sand once the Concavenator bursts out of the sand, like sand in the eyes.

Ankle Biter- the larger an enemy is, the more its legs are effected by damage. This works to slow the enemy down or drain its stamina.

Slayer - Bites take chunks out of enemies dealing massive damage the lower the health of the creature is.

Pack bonus - giving it the high strength of the Megalosaurus if it doesnt have those stats normally. 

Possible boost during heat waves, or sleep during the night and boosted during the day.

Spin or slam attack that throws up damaging/slowing/blinding sand at an enemy. Could be flavored as a wave of sand that also pushes enemies back, preventing being surrounded and trapped.

Typical bleed effect like sharks, slowing and damaging over time. Works well in a pack.

High damage to creatures with Chitin or Keratin, like bugs or Trikes/Stegos to make quick work of people soaking your base in a pvp situation.

Resistance to elemental damage from Wyverns. 

Concavenator: The ultimate chitin collector. Lives in the desert. When it kills a bug it'll collect a ridiculous amount of chitin and organic polymer. Can also bury itself underground to where only its back fin is protruding. Similar taming to the Amargasaurus, you need to hunt with it in order to tame and also passively give it meat or prime meat to tame.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, BaneReaper25 said:

I didn't steal it from Ark Additions. I got the idea from Garchomp in Pokemon.

Funny how many downvotes this got just because people didn't know about Concavenator before they saw it in a mod.

Another ability I thought of was

A tail slam attack that makes a fissure or some sort of quake, being ranged but only effects enemies on the ground, doing damage through the ground at the enemy within 10 foundations.

GENERAL

The cocavenator is a therapod similar in size to a carno with a plate on its back that has been theorised to have been used to regulate body temperature (similar to a dimetrodon). My concept puts the concavenator spawning in the middle of the scorched earth map.

TAMING

It would be an knock out tame but would only eat cooked prime meat or its preferred or above kibble (superior kibble).

WILD

The dinosaur is territorial spawning in groups of up to 3. they will only attack things much smaller than themselves such as jerboas and dodos.

TAMED

Once tamed the dinosaur could be saddled with a late mid game unlocked saddle. Given its size, concavenator would be a fast creature able to outrun most land creatures on the map. The selling point of this dinosaur however is its weather-proof nature. with its temperature resistance you and it would be provided protection from any storm for the duration of its thirst bar, which can be refilled by standing it idle in water and will only very slowly deplete when not in extreme weather. However if this thirst bar runs out the dinosaur will become unconscious only being able to be saved with cryopods or stimulant. It will also provide general heat protection when riding similar to an otter in its function. Its temperature resistance allows it to also take reduced damage from fire.

DROPS

This creature would be able drop once killed:

Raw Meat 

Raw Prime Meat

Hide

Keratin

Dossier File was 'too large' apparently heres a link to it https://www.instagram.com/p/CrENJ1ULZfH/?igshid=ODM2MWFjZDg=

Scorched_Earth_Topographic_Map~2.jpg

Raw_Meat.png

Raw_Prime_Meat.png

Keratin.png

Hide.png

Alright here’s what we’ve heard of: correct me if I’m wrong: mods are becoming cross platform, I think this applies to ASA as well as ark 2. 
UpFromTheDepths (creator of paleo ark, helped Garuda in concepts and testing Ark Aditions (AA) and has since been hired by wildcard) tweeted saying that paleo ark and AA are going to be free and compatible right at launch. So we’re already going to have the AA concavenator right at launch. I don’t think it’s worth changing the concave, and also in the past (when ark made their own deino) Garuda felt pressured to replace the creature that’s now lost from his mod with a new creature. Let’s not do that to our legend garuga 

Archived