How is auto data save going to work? What gets saved?

A1phaDrag0n01

I have a question. Im on an official server at moment. All these posts aren't explained specifics. So some people are at a loss. I get most specifics. My question is what does ark mean by they will do an auto data save? Another words, I want to rent a dedicated server when they shut down. But they do not exactly talk details of what is included in the save that we would beable to download to a rented server. Like obviously it would be your character lvls and stats. But will that save included all dinos owned and our tek buildings built?. I need answers from questions no one is answering. I dont want to get a dedicated server if I can only transfer my character. Also I would like to know if there are going to be no official servers, if I buy 2 dedicated servers to host gen 2 and fjordor will transmitters or obs still work so I can move between the 2 dedicated servers I rent? Also I have two separate maps of dinos and buildings. Will it let me download bases and items of each map?

• Volunteer Moderator
16 hours ago, A1phaDrag0n01 said:

I have a question. Im on an official server at moment. All these posts aren't explained specifics. So some people are at a loss. I get most specifics. My question is what does ark mean by they will do an auto data save? Another words, I want to rent a dedicated server when they shut down. But they do not exactly talk details of what is included in the save that we would beable to download to a rented server. Like obviously it would be your character lvls and stats. But will that save included all dinos owned and our tek buildings built?. I need answers from questions no one is answering. I dont want to get a dedicated server if I can only transfer my character. Also I would like to know if there are going to be no official servers, if I buy 2 dedicated servers to host gen 2 and fjordor will transmitters or obs still work so I can move between the 2 dedicated servers I rent? Also I have two separate maps of dinos and buildings. Will it let me download bases and items of each map?

Simple.

When they take down the servers, they provide the save file for you (and anyone else, let's look at your server mates' toys) to download and use. You can use that file with private servers, dedicated host or single player. 

You just import the save. The save contains everything on that map that you would see right now playing the game. You can go steal all your buddies stuff. Offline raid and so on. The end effect is you just become an admin for the map. All by your lonesome. Unless you have other people join.

Edited by Joebl0w13

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Simple.

When they take down the servers, they provide the save file for you (and anyone else, let's look at your toys) to download and use. You can use that file with private servers, dedicated host or single player. 

You just import the save. The save contains everything on that map that you would see right now playing the game. You can go steal all your buddies stuff. Offline raid and so on. The end effect is you just become an admin for the map. All by your lonesome. Unless you have other people join.

Thank you

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, A1phaDrag0n01 said:

I have a base on gen 2 and fjordur.  If I paid for 2 dedicated servers am I able with same character to download gen2 on one server then take same character to second dedicated server download fjordur? Will I beable to use like a transmitter to go to both my paid servers?

Yessir. I did that after the last time they shutdown (legacy) servers. You setup both of your servers and create a cluster including them both. Then you can jump back and forth.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:19 PM, A1phaDrag0n01 said:

When they close the servers, they will take a snapshot of that server and then post it somewhere for people to download. Once you download it, it will literally be the last moment of that server before it was shut down. As crazy as it sounds, it will have everyone's base, slowly decaying, just like it was before the shut down. This include's dino's, structures, all the sleeping people in their last positions.

As for how to get it to a non dedicated server, you may need to look into video's that cover that method, but it may be done at the last minute

• 5 months later...

Wait.

So it will be about the same support as we're getting now?

;/

On 4/4/2023 at 4:45 PM, Yggdrassil said:

Probably worth mentioning that the save wont work with the 'new' version and support will stop for 'old' ark so unless you plan on playing the unsupported game version, the saves are just a little trophy of what is left of your stuff.