Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

54 minutes ago, gingai said:

I downloaded several backup saves from several maps, none of them would load in ARK single player mode, it just crashes to desktop

DILO mongs, are the save modified to be nitrado only? we can not resume our game if we don't pay?

EDIT : it is CONFIRMED, they changed the save format, the save won't load in SP mode, now that's a really scummy move, if we want to continue we have to rent nitrado servers and of course wildcard will get their royalties over every purchase.

AT THIS MOMENT WE HAVE TO PAY TO KEEP OUR PROGRESS, NICE ONE WILDCARD

you can force the new file format in the steam or epic launch args options

2 hours ago, Luizza said:

Mistake, new files aren't uploaded yet. Mods can remove this. Dunno why we can't delete our own posts.

25th august snapshot is uploaded https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

we are already doing some tests to see how can optimise the memory usage deleting some stuff

Edited by darkradeon

2 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

2gg august snapshot is uploaded https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

we are already doing some tests to see how can optimise the memory usage deleting some stuff

That's still not working for me, saying access denied, I assumed it was still the old version they first put up?

8 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

oh looks like they are still having some issues and so download is temporary down but saves are live

With having to use these new launch arguments does this mean the aug23 official saves aren't compatible with our normal single player saves? Meaning we won't be able to upload dinos to obelisk from them and download onto another single player map we're already playing?

(I know you may not know this but you seem to know what ur talking about and no chance of getting answer from WC tonight, bit busy I expect - so thought worth asking).

13 minutes ago, Luizza said:

With having to use these new launch arguments does this mean the aug23 official saves aren't compatible with our normal single player saves? Meaning we won't be able to upload dinos to obelisk from them and download onto another single player map we're already playing?

(I know you may not know this but you seem to know what ur talking about and no chance of getting answer from WC tonight, bit busy I expect - so thought worth asking).

it should not be a problem, the file format is a thing, the arkdata is another.

for the new file format you need to lauch ARK via steam/epic using the command line arguments WC told. You will need to remove them if your are than changing the map if this has a file save of different format.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

It may be also a way to convert to store format but I am not sure if you can load v9 file format using the newfileformat argument that is for v11...

using the store format on unofficial or on solo doesn't bring benefits (it helps auto-managing official reducing a lot the number of small files on each server save folder) so I would avoid using it on other maps having normal saves. also it doesn't bring the extra backup copy for char typical of unofficial (official for that uses also an extra command line option: -BackupTransferPlayerDatas)

Edited by darkradeon

Hi everybody.

I downloaded the august-save of the official gameserver where i m playing at.

I put the extracted files (about 2 GB) in this directory:  ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal  

I added in the startmenue of Epic the commands   -newsaveformat -usestore   because its suggested 

So when i start a singleplayer game the game will load the backup.  This will take a while but it will start.  I m glad so far about this.

But i got only about 1-2 frames per second and my RAM (only got 16 GB) runs on limit. Even when i lower all visual effects in the graphic-menue. That seems to have no effect on the FPS. May someone had an idea to solve that. If u need more information about the problem, let me know what u need.

I searched a lot in the forum but still found issues about crashing. If there is a thread with this issue that i dont found, pls let me know.

I apologize for the bad english

Greetings

Madcap

big saves will require far more than 16GB of ram. That's the reason most of console players would be cut out without nitrado... still possible for xbox/microsoft to use the windows store dedi server bits..

I strongly suggest you to upgrade to 32GB ram at least if you can (eg: non soldered ram laptop and your motherboard bios supports 32GBs).

To upgrade my RAM is not a problem at all. Got a PC with an Asrock B550m Phantom Gaming 4 mainboard and got still 2 Ram slots unoccupied. So if u mean that the game will run fine with 32 GB RAM it is worth a try.

That 16 GB RAM is a good invest for the computer anyways. So i think i will order it.

Sadly i think i can give a result comment earliest in 2 weeks cause my holiday starts at monday.

I can't download the file from my server.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>2CK6EFFBW4TJVZ4W</RequestId>
<HostId>BGPwI9ScV3JOKUXL4N6x9bI9WonkLkcAolQqAZb6Dhg60fvBXFi9M6e/B4BLxoSNEchqRWh4r3g=</HostId>
</Error>
does anyone know know how to resolve?

Before i put the backup files into the save-folder i delete all other character profiles that exist there. The backup-files includ the character-files that u where actual playing on this server at the time the backup was made.

So when u start a singleplayer game after u insert the backup-files the game will automaticly starts with the character u played on the official server. 

Got my server save data, loaded in single play, laggy like hell.... omg ....
Help !!!   To T

Fixed !!!!
Make sure your inventory is empty .

You need to enter the following cheats:

cheat destroyall PlayerPawnTest_Male_C 1

cheat destroyall PlayerPawnTest_Female_C 1

Thanks to 

IamWildDew

i7-8086k
970 Evo Nvme 2Tb
32Gb Ram
3080Ti
Win10 Pro

Edited by PioneerXp

2 hours ago, Solo0 said:

Console players have to purchase nitrado servers just to get access to the saved data files? Definitely a terrible joke.

Yes.

3 hours ago, secondComeing said:

Not a single PlayStation save on the list . What a joke .

Read the whole topic and you will understand that for PS4 there are no save files available as in the PC list.  Unfortunately, console players have to pay for the pleasure of playing on their favorite map.

5 hours ago, Guilherm said:

JOGO EM PS4 server oficial e tenho essa dúvida o ark vai ou não fechar, eu não estou entendendo é nada, quem puder responder vai me ajudar e ajudar outros que também tem essa dúvida, não quero perder minha base e meus dinos :(

Yes, ARK ASE will be closed on September 30.  And the official servers of this game will disappear.  If you want to continue playing you need to rent a server from Nitrado.  Such a server costs 20 Euro per month.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic