Gorgonopsid: The Bloodhound of the ARK!

Scanova

It would be super cool if gorgonopsid could be a shadowmane counter, with some sort of roar that makes it immune to shadowmane posion and stun. It would make a fun 'Primeval' reference. It would also be quite poetic to see probably last ARK creature being a murderer of most overpowered and overused creature.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YanDinoGamer said:

It's an interesting concept, I would suggest an inostrancevia too, but I imagined him in a slightly different way, I imagined him being a creature specialized in collecting resources that are dropped from other animals, like you can train one to collect more leather and another to collect more prime meat like the moschops system but for a stronger and more resistant animal

An interesting idea. It can be like a more powerful upgrade of sorts.

proposition: they will have the Hability to apply bonebreak on smaller creatures like Survivors, thiylacoleos or Raptors, reducing their overhaul mobility by a huge notch and bypassing armor on armored targe. With this it will have a good place in PVP but not too OP . Like a Alternative to thylacoleo but with less speed and more brute force

17 hours ago, Scanova said:

Gorgonopsid.png.39c871218d1ec896b9612eedd3d47d57.png

Gorgonopsids, named after the Gorgon of Greek myth, were a group of predatory stem-mammals that lived before the dinosaurs. Related to Purlovia, they were the top predators of their time.

Also, if you did not know. This is the ONLY creature ARK has confirmed to appear that never did. Back in ARK’s early days there was a list of all the creatures they planned to add on Steam. All of the creatures on that list were added eventually, with the exception of the Gorgonopsid. The gorgonopsid used to share this title of “Forgotten Creature” with the Giant Crab, but Karkinos has been added in Aberration.

I imagine in ARK that the Gorgonopsid would be a general member of the group rather than a specific one, akin to the terror bird. It is a mid-tier tame, being decent in power but not remarkable in that respect. There’s plenty that have that role after all, like Thylacoleo. Instead, the gorgonopsid has a very specific but incredibly useful ability.

This gorgonopsid would have the strongest sense of smell on the ARK, able to use its nose for a variety of different uses (all of which can be discarded or added at leisure, they are all proposals).

Ability 1: Tracking

By holding the sniffing ability, a crosshair will appear on the rider’s screen. When released onto a creature in sight, regardless of what it is, where it is, or who it belongs to, the Gorgonopsid will be able to tell its general direction, allowing the rider to track this creature across the map, regardless of its location.

This can act as a more organic form of the transponder, as you could give the gorgonopsid the scent of your flyer before you travel. In the event you die but your flyer lives and buzzed off somewhere unknown, you can take out your gorgonopsid to find it.

This also has utility in PvP, since this ability can track enemies from a distance without their knowledge. This ability does have counters, as players will be notified that they’re being tracked (not if their tames are being tracked however), and gorgonopsids lose the scent if the creature they’re tracking is put into a cryopod. Gorgonopsids will remember their last scent if they themselves are put in cryopods, however.

Ability 2: High-Level Tame Finding

While there are creatures like Rock Drakes that have the ability to detect high level creatures in the area, gorgonopsids have a similar ability that is more direct. When using this ability, the gorgonopsid will show the direction of the highest level creature within a certain radius of itself, and is highlighted to the rider upon being viewed directly. This ability can be refreshed by using the ability again, and the target will change if a higher level creature has moved within range.

Bonus Ability Proposal: Sensory Support

Acting as a companion to other tames, the gorgonopsid could greatly extend the range of nearby creatures with similar sensory abilities, like those of the Fjordhawk, Parasaur, Dire Wolves, Troodon, and others.

Other Suggested Abilities:

-Able to sniff out explosives and other hazards.

If you guys have any other ideas based around the theming, please post it down below and I'll include it in this suggestion! I think it’d be a fun way to bring this forgotten creature back to ARK!

Please tag this wonderful creature as a rideable, so wildcard doesn't turn it into another purlovia!

Now now hear me out, I know Gorgonopsids weren't all that big but THIS is Ark and for awhile now I've pondered what are the chances for some kind of quadropedal Carnivore big enough to have a small maybe 6x2 or 4x1 platform on its back. A wolf has been done at least once then Gorgonopsids popped into my head, if ark had one of these around the size of an Allo or just taller than a Shadow mane, it'd be an Awesome tame to have.

Giant Gorgonopsid that's my Submittion, picture included ain't mine it was on Google and already shows sign of ark design so Join me if you agree this must be done

1673727174013.jpg

I’ve always wanted one of the gorgonopsids in Ark! They’re one of my favorite groups of extinct animals, and this suggestion is a different and less generic take for this awesome therapsid! It’s crazy that one of these guys were never added to Ark. Let’s finally give these masters of the Permian their due, especially after earlier Permian Ark animals like Dimetrodon and Diplocaulus got done dirty.

Well, I want to make my contribution to this creature, I would love to have it! but I think that with those abilities not so much, something more robust I would like more, that is like a Thyla but more resistant, in abilities I can think of things like a skin resistant to bleeding, a bite that breaks armor (Regardless of the quality, do the same damage always) and a kind of skid like Andrew does, keeping the ability to track creatures, I like that

3bh8lhb1cid71.jpg.d2e65e27b16ea5850089c733a9d1f370.jpg

Que su domesticación se base en ofrecerle carne como el hyaenodon y que en cada 5 o 10 minutos te exija en ofrecerle carne de primera haciendo que se domestice mas rápido dependiendo del nivel del gorgonopsido que estes domesticando que su montura tenga la habilidad de fabricar ya sea como mortero o herreria y que el macho se caracterise por pooser un par de colmillos dientes de sable mas grandes en comparación a la hembra que tiene los colmillos medianos o chicos : dato curioso el nombre real de gorgonopsido es INOSTRANCEVIA ,gorgonopsido es el nombre de la familia de estos sinápsidos.

Especial como el hyaenodon, dinopithecus, carcharodonthosaurus entre otros aunque no se porque pero algo me dice que si INOSTRANCEVIA gana lo mas probable es que esta criatura solo aparecerá en scorcherd earth ,ragnarok ,cristal isles ,valguero ,lost island ,Extincion ,Genesis parte 1 y 2 y poque se preguntaran porque en la mayoría de los medios como documentales y series al INOSTRANCEVIA casi siempre esta en un entorno desertico o volcanico como por ejemplo en el documental Walking with Monsters de la bbc y en Dinosaur Revolution de Discovery.

• OnCue changed the title to Gorgonopsidae Tracking/stalking/sneaking ability

Archived